z

Young Writers Society

The Underland Chronicles

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:46 pm
Seraphania says...

Has anyone else read these books? I love them so much, and I'm looking for another fan out there who likes writing....
Novel Wordcount: 58,001 words

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:38 pm
Firestar says...

Oh yeah!! I love those books! Have you read Suzanne Collins latest book?
Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.

Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Confidence: the feeling a person has before he fully understands the situation.

Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:27 pm
Seraphania says...

The Hunger Games? Nope, they aren't being sold in China yet. I've heard loads of great things about them so far, though, and I'm a member on the forum. Speaking of that:

http://www.theunderlandchonicles.com

TUC fanforums. I'm a mod on there.
Novel Wordcount: 58,001 words

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat May 07, 2011 3:22 am
RedBird says...

Since I read these before the Hunger Games, they will always be the first thing I think of when I hear Suzanne Collins' name. I absolutely love these books, and I was very sad when the series ended. In these books, you can really see Collins' writing evolve from the first book to the last, and then on into the Hunger Games. In the last book, for example, the tone and plot seem to be sort-of predecessors to the Hunger Games in that the book takes a turn for the darker, more sinister side of both human nature and what violence can do to a person. Beyond that, the ending of the series seems to have become her trademark: a bittersweet end that leaves the reader knowing that happy endings aren't realistic. Even though I generally prefer happy endings to uncertain, dark endings, the climaxes of both the Underland Chronicles and the Hunger Games felt right, and accurately got across the message that I think Collins was trying to state: life can be uncertain and dangerous at times, but we just need to keep moving forward.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

[as a roleplayer is feeling sad about torturing her characters] GrandWild: "You're a writer, dear. Embrace it."
— GrandWild