z

Young Writers Society

Looking for good books (preferably vampire)

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:49 am
peanut19 says...

House of Night series by P.C and Kristin Cast and the Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz are awesome books. I highly recommend them.
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:58 am
Lady_Ariani says...

There is a wonderful little website: www.lovevampires.com
They review upcoming books as well as interview authors and many other things, and the best part? It's all about vampire fiction!!! It's been a very nifty site for me *grins*
"Sleep, and I'll meet you on the Dreamside."

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:07 pm
brainychic212 says...

My favorite vampire series is Vampire Diaries by L. J. Smith. It was simply amazing. It has romance, suspense, and humor. Another series by the same author is the Night World series.

I have also read Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. It really hooks you're attention from the beginning and holds it throughout the book.

Oh yeah, and just for the record...I loved the Twilight series
"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment."
-Pride and Prejudice

"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader—not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon."
-E.L. Doctorow

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:55 am
Storm_Bringer says...

Umm, a good book is the Bloodline series by Kate Cary. The second one is better in my opinion.

Hope you like it.
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:06 pm
LibbyLovesDrums says...

Most def House Of Night!
They're the bomb!
“I'm gonna be a superstar musician, kill myself and go out in a flame of glory, just ike Jimi Hendrix"-Kurt Cobain<3

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:48 pm
jDawn says...

The " Maximum Ride" Series By James Patterson Is Spectacular. "The Saga Of Darren Shan" ( A.K.A. Cirque Du Freak Series ) Is Very Good, And So Is The Movie, The Author Is Darren Shan : ) Also, I Am Reading A Book Now That Is About Vampires And Is Very Good, It's Called " Night Runner " It's By Max Turner. I would also recomend the " Daniel X" Series by James Patterson. Another Good Series Is The " Gone Series " By Micheal Grant. Not About Vampires But There Is Lots Of Super Powers And Survival Stuff.

Happy Reading! :smt003

- Jessica
"They can put me in prison but they can't stop my face from breakin' out."

" A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."

-Adam Young, My Hero <3

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:59 am
Flower~Child says...

I suggest that you do read the house of night series. I am reading the vampire diaries and like it so far. The same writer also wrote nightworld if you can stand it being so simial to twilight.
My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:22 pm
MaresAzulados says...

Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan!!
Scipio: Do you know what happens here after dark? Things little eyes should never, ever see.
Bo: We're not scared.
Scipio: Not scared? Well, aren't you the little tiger? RAWR!

Reviews: 3
Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:46 pm
JenGwen says...

Don't know many other good vamp books, but i know the best wearwolf one, is that close enough? If it is, then its called "Raised By Wolfes" Did i spell raised right? (Cant find spell check) anyway the cover is blue if you look for it on ebay or amazon. cant remember the author.

:D!
The four elements of success: Talent, Skills, Try, and Luck. Talent you are born with; Skills you develop; Try is intestinal, fortitude or guts; Luck is spelled w.o.r.k. and is defined when preporation meets opportunity. :D

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:14 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I highly recommend Anne Rice's series Interview With A Vampire. I absolutely adore the books. There are many in the series, and it's not at all boring. All of the books are told from a different person. But it's not just the same book in different views, they are all different stories about the individual vampires. They are amazing books and I'd recommend them to anyone and everyone.

P.S
Interview With the Vampire was made into a movie. It's really good, but rated R. Just a bit of messy blood though. It has Brad Pitt, Antonio Bandaras, Tom Cruise, Christian Slater, and Kristen Dunst as a little girl

But I do highly recommend the books
Live, Love, Laugh

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:41 pm
Eavn says...

if its a good vampyre book you are looking for then you HAVE to read The House Of Night series by P.C. Cast. its an amazing series with an amzing new look on vampyres (i.e. the spelling of the word). just yo make sure your ready this book is romantic (alot of pg 13 scenes), funny, oh so sad at times but it is an amzing novel none the less. you just have to read it if you are a true vampire enthusiast lol and after you read yopu have to tell me what you think

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:54 am
DaSpetsnaz says...

The Eighth grade sucks series. I'm not sure exactly what the series is called so that's the name of the book I read. It's about a vampire named Vlad who has to go to school and try to fit in without people knowing he's a vampire. It's actually a great series, I just couldn't find the name of the actual series.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:03 pm
Shadowhunter14 says...

Bunnicula is like a comedic take on the vampire legend. It's written for kids but teens and adults can read it too, it's very entertaining.
The mortal instruments series by Cassandra Clare is very gripping. It's got vampires and a lot of other fantasy stuff in it, it's very gripping and the plots are good. Unlike other YA books it doesn't dwell toooo much on romance and stuff. It's about demon hunters but is way better than Buffy.

138 Reviews

Reviews: 138
Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:24 am
MadameLuxestrange says...

Alright, these are my favorite vampire series. There are some other sort of related types of books that I'm going to throw in here for kicks. Try these:
Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
Vampire Academy by Richelle Meade
House of Night by PC and Kristin Cast
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
Shiver and Linger by Maggie Stfivater
Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice

There are so many more, but these should start you off well enough. Enjoy :D
...or dear Bellatrix, who likes to play with her food before she eats it?
Fear makes the wolf seem bigger.
I got attacked by a swan.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:59 pm
RedBird says...

If you want a non-romance oriented vampire book, I suggest The Passage, by Justin Cronin. It's pretty amazing. A note though: the vampires in it are not really human at all. They're like zombie-vampire hybrids.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

I wondered why we put villains in our stories when we have plenty of them in real life; then I realized that maybe we wanted stories where the good guy wins.
— nogutsnoglory