z

Young Writers Society

Worst Book You've Ever Read

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:10 am
monstah-cookeh says...

The Mortal Instruments Series (City of Bones/City of Ashes/City of Glass), I read the first chapters of all of them. Uh... Extremely unrealistic, totally hate Clary and Jace, such annoying characters.

And I think I really dislike The Uglies, atleast teh first couple of chapters. I couldn't get into them at first, but I was spenidn the night over at a friends and she practically held me down and forced me to read it. Got better towards the end, however.
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So, I've been a freak my entire life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people." -- John Lennon

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:34 pm
View Likes
myintensity says...

I know many fell in love with this book the time travelers wife but, i was deeply disappointed. There was almost no romance and their connection was based on sexual attractions. I didnt fall in love with the caharcters and the ending of the book one of the characters randomly changed drastically. Maybe i just thought it was going to be amazing. I havent seen the movie yet but, i want to watch it but i hope it will be better than the book.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:59 am
FlyingInEbony says...

I generally like to read classic novels and such, but by force (e.g. my English class), I was able to read two books which I most certainly disliked. Those were "Jacob Have I Loved" by Katherine Paterson and "Nothing But the Truth" by Avi Wortis. There was no message or theme in the second book, and the first book was about a girl falling in love with someone as old as her grandfather. The author described a scene, where this girl stands in the boat with her "crush", so-to-say, and then she hugs this poor old man - with butterflies in her stomach and such. I'm sorry, but that's a little creepy. I understand that the character was raised loveless, but that doesn't mean that she needs to act this way to get attention and have love with this character instead. As it turns out, the girl's grandmother has also been in love with him when the man was younger. The thing that bothers me most is that both books got awards for educating the young about the life they're about to live. I don't understand how critics got away with this, sorry. :smt119 Did anybody else read these two novels?
Last edited by FlyingInEbony on Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You stand on the brink of greatness. The world will open to you like an oyster. No... not like an oyster. The world will open to you like a magnificent vagina." - "Bullets over Broadway", Woody Allen, Douglas McGrath

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:03 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Personally, I hate Shimmer by Dallas Reed. I mean, the actual story wasn't that bad, but the writing was really repetitive and annoying. Plus, the characters were either, cliche, unrealistic, boring, annoying, or all of the above.

Terrible book...I don't want to talk about it.
:D
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:22 am
Jas says...

Ugh worse books ever:

Across Five Aprils-SNORE, I used this to help me go to sleep on nights where I was hyped up on Monster and Red Bull

Jacob have I Loved-Pedophilia if I ever saw it

The Girls- AHHHHHH!!!! This should have a DANGER DANGER CAUTION BEWARE OF TERRIBLENESS sign on it

The Cheat-OMG! The WALL was more interesting than this!

Elsewhere-WTF? A waste of 10 bucks. Litterally I went back to store and said that and returned it.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:03 pm
Stori says...

The Wheel of Time series.

I kept plugging away and finally read
book four The Shadow Rising.
Thing is... the characters don't do much changing.

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:48 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

Twilight.

To tell you just how horrendous I think it was I did not get further than a few sentences. Seriously, I was like, what is this? The writing was so odd. I think I could have written a better opening with my eyes closed.

Sadly, I did finish the other books. They were somewhat easier to read. And I learned that vampires should never be allowed to be shiny. But, the series does make for a great parody, even though it already is a parody of itself. :lol:
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:04 am
Dragonet says...

The worst book I ever read is The Fire Within in the Dragon Series by Chris D'Lacey. It was horrible. You know the saying "don't judge a book by its cover"? Well I didn't listen. The Fire Within had an amazing book cover and I couldn't resist. The cover had an amazing detailed picture of a dragon. Even though I knew nothing about the books I wanted to get the series. Finally, one day, I found the book series in the local library and I was so excited! And then I brought them home and read the first book, it was horrible! Believe it or not the darn thing was about squirrels! Not kidding! Needless to say I didn't read the rest of the series. And I never intend to.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:43 am
Jas says...

Oh My Gpd. Today during study hall we had to read our English book, which is October Sky AKA Rocket Boys (amazing book might I add), I had already finished it so my teacher gave me the book she was currently reading. A seperate peace is the most boring book in the universe. Litteraly. I sucked that much. Its about two boys growing up in New England going to boarding school during WW2. REALLY BORING!! STAY AWAY!! CAUTION! CAUTION!
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

Reviews: 2
Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:10 am
Monster says...

The Shack.
Hover through the foggy vapors till I see you in a dream singing animals to sleep.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:34 am
skutter11 says...

OK, I am going to commit literacy sacrilage and say this(sorry for breaking the rule) Harry Potter (spits in abosulute discugst). The thing is that the characters aren't that belivable, the story gets way too complicated half way through and for most of the way through the last book, Harry is very depressing. I had to put it down and start reading the Skulduggery Pleasentseries (Which is, infact, a better read...)
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:05 pm
MiaParamore says...

The worst book I have read is by an Indian bestseller authgor, Chetan Bhagat. The book's name is 'Five Point Someone'. And you would be surprised to know that the film based on the book grossed the highest miney a film here has ever done.But the film's gr8. No doubt about it coz' they have changed a lot.
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:54 pm
Fan says...

Elfstones of Shannarah by Terry Brooks or its sequels. I managed to drudge through LOTR because it held my interest, but this just put me to sleep.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:18 am
CharlotteGrace says...

Okay. THE worst book I have ever read? Well that's easy.

The whole twilight series. they make me sick.
"The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." -Lucille Ball

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:43 am
Flower~Child says...

The worst book I have ever read would be....um.....The Scarlett letter. I couldn't read the first chapter. I think it killed some of my mind.
My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

But there was no goat man, there was NEVER any goat man!
— OSP Red