z

Young Writers Society

Worst Book You've Ever Read

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:35 pm
Joanne Adylse Lynne says...

American Wife by Curtis Stiffenfield. First, that was freaking boring. One of the reasons on why I don't usually read biographies. Second, that was um- too graphic? Tsk, tsk. Chucked that aside since.
http://silentoddity.blogspot.com

I'm not weird, I'm just limited edition- something I saw on a classmate's T-shirt.

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:42 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

The Harry Potter books. They were all terrible! J.K. Rowling is such a terrible author, and I hated those books! Aagh!

Just kidding. :wink:
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:44 pm
KaitlynKarma says...

The House of Night Novels for now. I'm tacking up more books on the list. It does to a point have an okay story, but the stereotypes make it a god awful book.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:21 pm
MKate says...

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. Well, it's probably not the worst, but it's the worst I've read recently. It was just kind of boring and all through the book I was waiting for it to really start. Does that sound weird?

You know, when you read a book and you keep waiting for things to start happening and the intro to end, but it doesn't.

But because you keep wondering if eventually it does pick up, you keep reading. Brain damage. Don't fall for it.

I just read this post over, and it struck me that there are a lot of italics.

It's just a phase folks, I'll get over it.

~Mel
"Don't say 'the old lady screamed'- bring her on and let her scream." -Mark Twain

Writing is like traveling- you never know what's going to happen until you get there.

Random avatar

Reviews: 14
Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:32 pm
Ryanx says...

The Final Warning by James Patterson. Oh, the horror! It lacked voice, was too cliche, the plot was totally unrelated to the Maximum Ride series and overall, it was a horrible novel. I'd be embarrassed to call myself a writer if my name was on the title of that book. :x

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:32 pm
EmmaJane says...

Ha ha. I heard it was bad. Apparently it was too condescending, did you get a sense of that, too?
I want to continue reading that series, but the negative reviews of the book put me off. :(
Your = Possession. Your shoes are so sweet!
You're = Omission. You're quite strange...

If you are confused about which to put, simply say in your mind "you are" and see if that fits the sentence. If not, you are looking for your.

Little Macey | Got YWS? | KOTS:BD

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:49 pm
View Likes
Merlin34 says...

Brisingr

By far the brickiest and most boring of the Inheritance Cycle so far.
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:13 pm
lilchoma says...

GOOD GOD!!! I consider it a SIN to say that the Lord of the Rings was a BAD BOOK!!! Holy crap, that is one of the most wrong statements I have ever heard. Tolkein was a freaking genius. The only reason his writing seems boring today is because we've all become dulled in our pathetic society, and we are practically attention deficit. I mean, when it first came out, did you know it was the SECOND MOST READ BOOK AFTER THE BIBLE???? Cause it was. I mean, I'm not just pointing fingers at everyone in our society, I admit that I'm attention deficit too, and I find stuff like that boring at times, but there is no way you can say that the Lord of the Rings was the worst book you've ever read!!!

I'm sorry, I must apologize for my rather heated response there. I'm very much in love with Tolkein and the Lord of the Rings, and therefore I'm very defensive about it all.

Anyways, one of the worst books I've read was Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank. I didn't really see the point to it, I couldn't enjoy or relate to any of the characters, and the writing wasn't exactly phenomenal either. I really did not have fun reading it. Now, I'm sure I've read much much worse books then that, but they're probably not worth mentioning anyways.

ps. HARRY POTTER IS FRICKING AMAZING
"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody." ~ the catcher in the rye

81 Reviews

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:23 pm
lilchoma says...

Okay I'm sorry, I had to comment again.
The Series of Unfortunate Events is absolutely hilarious and I love Lemony Snicket to death. He's brilliant, I tell you.
"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody." ~ the catcher in the rye

81 Reviews

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:43 pm
lilchoma says...

Fellow wrote:The worst book(s) ever read by me - Narnia series. I finished all 7 off them in 2 days -.-` and i had hard time following the action and the characters... :roll:

Whoa. Okay, no. This is a major problem. Maybe you should have read them a bit slower, then maybe the action and characters wouldn't have been so confusing for you. I don't even understand how that's possible, the books are for like 7 year olds. AND THEY ARE AMAZING, by the way. End of story.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:43 am
fairy_at_heart says...

Oh boy. This is a hard one! I have read ALOT of atrocious books in my life. But out of the ones i remember most, "Across Five Aprils" would have to be my least favorite. It got sooooooooo boring! :thud: I would NEVER read it again!
Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

Reviews: 2
Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:00 pm
View Likes
Pride1289 says...

I'd have to go with every book I've ever read as a child before high school.
But in recent times it was the vampire series by darren shan. It was okay in the beginning and I could CIRQUE DU FREAK! There we go.
But anyways, so I tried to read it, but once I got to like, the fifth book, I couldn't take it. Vampire Mountain? Seriously? I like The Demonata thought. <3

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:52 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

Twilight, I gave up after a few sentences. :D
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:34 pm
Lydia1995 says...

The worst book I have ever read has got to be Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (Sorry Dickens fans...) It was exceptionally dull.
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=92400 - Need a review?

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:45 am
pinkangel54123 says...

A Wrinkle In Time by Madeline L'engle
I just thought it was so boring and stupid, and uncreative. Jeez!
Nearly all of the books in my school library. So cliche, so everyday boringness. I guess that's what I get for going to a private Catholic school...
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sometimes my life just sounds like surrealistic fiction being sold on clearance at the book store.
— J. G. Hammersmith