z

Young Writers Society

Peter and the Starcatchers (plus sequels)

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:03 am
Pickle810 says...

I've been addicted to Dave Barry since I found his column in a Sunday paper (syndicated humor) and ever since, I've devoured his writing. Let me tell you, it could cure deppression!

In these books, you find out all about the history of Peter Pan, like, way before Wendy and the lame-o animated movies. (okay, they weren't that bad, but they were amed at five year olds). From the first page, I was drawn in, totally unable to stop reading. I just want to know if it's cause i'm a book addict, or if these really are the amazing books my brain insists they are.

So give me you feedback, okay? And if you've not read them, please do. They'll brighten your day ^_^
me: why can we kill for Jesus and not Muhammed?
my best friend: because Jesus is white.
me: that's not fair!
her: and what is?

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:56 am
Aet Lindling says...

Haha, it isn't just because you're a book addict. Those books rock, as does Dave Barry's column.

Ridley Pearson is good too, there was that *shudder* Disney book he did... but it was actually really good.

But wait, being a book addict would improve your taste and make it easier to discern the bad from the good, wouldn't it?
dun worry
it's all gun be k

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:41 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

I've only read the first one, but I loved it. It was suspenseful and hilarious at the same time. When I'm having a bad day, I re-read it. :D
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:33 pm
Firestar says...

I loved these books!!! It's so amazing how a story like peter pan can be made into such an intricate storyline like Peter and the Starcatchers.
Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.

Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Confidence: the feeling a person has before he fully understands the situation.

Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:10 pm
Kaylyn says...

I loved Peter and the Starcatchers. I had to pry it out of my sisters room. She though she had it hidden lol. It was a great book. I haven't read the sequals yet though.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:49 pm
Stori says...

I agree, it's a great book. Especially if you listen to the audio book, XD.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat May 07, 2011 3:30 am
RedBird says...

I mean, who could resist the history of Peter Pan? Especially when it's written with a combination of good humor and excellent fantasy/action? Dave Barry is one of the best humorists ever, and Ridley Pearson is also a pretty dang good fantasy author. The illustrations are also brilliant, if sparse. I do have to say though
Spoiler! :
in the last three books, Ombra got tiresome as the villain. He was good in the second book, but after that, he just go old. He should have stayed dead instead of being revived time and time again. Just me, though.

Other than that, yes, the audiobooks are awesome. Jim Dale is basically the best audiobook reader ever. I'm the only one in my family to have read the books; the rest of them have all just listened to the audio versions.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven - and very, very few persons.
— James Thurber