z

Young Writers Society

Artemis Fowl

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:12 pm
RatchetWriter says...

I just maniacally love how smart the plot always is, the Eternity Code is amazing!

The second thing that is great is the character development. So superb you can almost eat it.
smurch rammph garr........ uh... yeah...sorry. I'll get ya'll a new copy. :lol:

Anyway I've read all but the newest one, and the Eternity Code takes the cup, with the first one in close second. They are in my top five favorite series.

So that's my 1 cent opinion.

RW
~S.P.E.W~ "Special People Enthusiastically Writing"

*sigh* "Another day, another death course."
Ratchet

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:50 pm
DragonWriter says...

These books are AWESOME! However, I was mad at the ending of The Lost Colony(ummm I think thta is the title, about the demons, I am just too lazy to look up)
I mean seriously, can he not lay off the poor boy once in his life? I mean, every story, he hs some kind of loss. Man, I need to stop rambiling, so my final answer, is yes, these are some good books!
Twilight rocks!
New Moon rules!
Eclispe kicks butt!
In coclusion, Steaphine Meyer is a rocking, ruling, and kick butt authour!
That is the TRUTH!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:06 pm
xxfourthelement says...

Ah! I loved the Lost Colony book! Definitely my favorite - though it may have something to do with Minerva and Artemis not being able to figure out if a "girlfriend" remark from Butler was an insult, and if it was, if it insulted him or the girl. Hilarious!

Eoin Colfer is amazing. He's written a lot of other things while he's worked on Artemis Fowl, and they're great. I really liked Airman. It's sitting on the floor next to me as I type this :)

I'm excited for the release of Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox in a few days. I wish my mother would let me buy books again...
"...I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Sometimes I can stop laughing before people start edging away and talking about soothing drinks." - Lord Raould of Goldenlake and Malorie's Peak

Free Reviews

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:24 pm
StellaThomas says...

lol! I got the Time Paradox and it was sooo good! I read it and Breaking Dawn one after each other, and Artemis pwns Bella any day!!!

[spoiler]The whole "adolescent confusion" thing was quite fun, but also a little strange. You can tell it's going to cause a whole new list of complications between the two of them. I think that Colfer did manage to get round the whole obstacle of "is there going to be more or not?" thing nicely by making Holly younger and Artemis older for the time when it happened.

I did think however, that I missed my other characters. Juliet, Minerva, Trouble... I loved Mulch and his stupendous amount of gold thing going on though.

And two Opal Kobois in the world? My, that's going to be a problem.

I had forgotten just how much I love these books, I have half a mind to go back and read them again. Although the way Artemis speaks kind of annoys me sometimes. Abbreviate, man, abbreviate!

Also, I was a little disappointed that Artemis never confronted Holly about the whole calling him Arty thing.

But over all, thumbs up![/spoiler]
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:43 pm
TheWordsmith says...

The Artemis Fowl series is awesome. Haven't read the Time Paradox yet, but from what I've read, it shpould live up to the promise of the series.
Last edited by TheWordsmith on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad spellars of the world, untie! - T-shirt

Join iSpy! Click here!

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:11 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Eeeeeee! Time Paradox is awesome. xD

[spoiler] I made uber sure not to read anything about it until I actually read the book and...

I love how it made me think, the Artemis vs. Artemis aspect, and how Artemis keeps asking, "Was I really that obnoxious?" The B minor part near the end just cracked me up. xD

I have to agree with the person above me, though, I miss the supporting cast. I was rooting for the full Artemis/Minerva ship and...her name wasn't mentioned once. And we didn't get nearly enough of Butler or N*1, or even Mulch, but Mulch + Artemis = OMGLOL. "We get an apartment together, and after a whirlwind courting you marry my sister and honeymoon in Vegas." XDXDXD

I'm scared, though. Two freaking Opal Kobois! If he writes another book, Minerva/Foaly and Koboi had better darn well have a showdown.
<3<3<3[/spoiler]
ohmeohmy

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:10 pm
StellaThomas says...

[spoiler] I know, the whole B minor thing was so funny!

I was annoyed too that it was mostly Artemis and Holly. I mean, I love them but still. It felt weird to have Butler on the wrong side. But Artemis V. Artemis was brilliant, and it was great for Artemis to come to terms with how much he's changed!

Also, Myles and Beckett have got to be the coolest little brothers in literature. I loved Artemis' lessons with them...

lol, the Minerva/Foaly combo against the two Kobois...

I'd love Opal to meet Opal, because the clash of the egos would be just too amazing! I would be laughing my head off.

I loved the whole "We get an apartment together" thing too... I like Mulch a lot, he's very entertaining. It was interesting when they were in the boot of the car and Artemis just says "How big is your pension?" because right then, you're thinking exactly the same thing as Holly...

He'll have to write another book, now he's set himself up with two Opal Kobois to compete with. We need an extra Foaly!

Also, I have to ask. Holly goes to the spa????

I missed not having No1 too. I know he's a newer character but I love him. The whole "I now pronounce you" thing was priceless, and he's still complaining about the tail!

Also... Qwan made a video game about time travel? With quantum zombies? I sssooo want to play that.[/spoiler]

^^^Some general more awesomeness.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:43 pm
Aet Lindling says...

spaced_out wrote:I love them all.

I cired in the 4th book, when BUTLER DIES.

and when HOLLY DIED in the 4th book.

And in the new one ARTY MURDERS HIMSELF adn creates a TIME PARDOX.
MATT

HOW COULD YOU SPOIL IT YOU EVIL HORRIBLE MONSTER YOU.

T_T
dun worry
it's all gun be k

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:31 am
ldsprincess says...

I LUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVV ARTY!!!!!!!
"She's got it out for me but I wear the biggest smile!"
-Misery Buisness by Paramore

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:58 am
~Volant~ says...

THE SIXTH BOOK IS OUT!!! *squee!!* At least, I think it is....haha lol.

haha I'm excited....

Holly doesn't die in the fourth book....I have no clue what you're talking about, Mat. haha.
Where are we going?

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:23 pm
View Likes
romance otaku says...

i was very happy about the time parodox, but very unhappy at the same time. about in the middle of the book, the plot starts yelling "i needed more pages!!!", but that doesnt last for long. also, that girl from the last story (i forget her name) did not appear at all. that got me a bit mad. the reasons though i did like the book: artemis vs. artemis and there is a bit of romance that seems to grow as the story continues.

cant wait till the next :D

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:21 pm
Clo says...

I had to read these for the Young Adult Book Club I coached. Honestly, I hated them. The main character was annoying, and they were just so... blah.
How am I not myself?

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:16 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

I must say that I disagree with you, Clo, but I can see where you are coming from. When I first read "Artemis Fowl", the only thing that kept me reading about Arty was the conviction that sooner or later, he'd get his comeuppance. When Holly nailed him, I was like "Booyah! Kick that little kid's butt!" He was annoying as all get out.

But I fell in love with Holly, Butler, Foaly, Mulch and Root and they kept me through the series, even though Artemis remained kind of annoying the whole time. There are still a lot of times when I haven't liked him and wanted to smack him upside the head, but he's grown on me.

And a rant from me (since Root's death just shattered me) regarding "The Opal Deception": Why didn't Root and Holly take off their visors and just talk to the cameras when they were in the chute and their mikes weren't working? Even if they couldn't be heard, the tapes could be analyzed and their lips could be read. I mean, deaf people do it all the time and so much trouble could have been avoided. (My mom's partially deaf, so this was the first thing I thought of when reading the book). And even Artemis doesn't think of this, when he is later thinking about it. He tells Holly that he reviewed the situation and there was no way out of it. He's right that Root probably still would have died, but at least Holly wouldn't have been blamed and that whole fiasco could have been avoided.

*deep breath*

Yeah. Love the books, though I haven't read "The Time Paradox" yet. I didn't even know it was out until about a week ago. I'm a bad fan. :(

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:05 pm
romance otaku says...

you bet you are, i got it the day of 8)

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:25 pm
Kaylyn says...

I have tryed to figure out the code, but I am not very good with it. I liked Atemis Fowl, my favorite character was Holly, from the very beginning.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

I would be a terrible novel protagonist.
— mellifera