z

Young Writers Society

Artemis by Andy Weir

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:20 pm
Evander says...

Artemis by Andy Weir

I recently read this book as a recommendation from one of my sisters! Personally, I was a big fan of it, but I've seen some conflicting reviews online and wanted to gauge opinions from my fellow YWSers!

So, what did you think?

Personally, I was a big fan of Jazz's snark and inner-monologue, but I do know that she grew taxing for some other critics.

1. What do you think the biggest flaws of the book were? What were the biggest strengths?

2. How did you feel about Weir's more technical parts of the story where it gets into the nitty gritty engineering/science-y bits?

3. Who were your favorite characters? (I personally enjoyed Kelvin and Dale, along with Jazz of course.)

4. What did you think about the ending?
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

The bigger the issue, the smaller you write. Remember that. You don’t write about the horrors of war. No. You write about a kid’s burnt socks lying on the road. You pick the smallest manageable part of the big thing, and you work off the resonance.
— Richard Price