z

Young Writers Society

Young Frankenstein

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:42 am
Brigadier says...

As very few people know, I write a column for Squills called Pop Culture Corner. For this week, I wrote about the Mel Brooks classic, Young Frankenstein.

Before I was asking for comments to insert in said article but that time has passed. Instead, let's just try and liven up Media Reviews a little bit.

Any comments are welcome but I would like to see a couple of answers to some baseline questions.
Did you like this movie? Why or why not?
Favorite part?
And of course the classic question: Mel Brooks, yay, meh, or oh god no?

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:27 am
BluesClues says...

I love Young Frankenstein! I'll definitely be watching this and Hocus Pocus as I pass out candy tomorrow. What's not to love? I enjoy spoofs to begin with, and, okay, I admit that I'm also really happy that the monster gets a happy ending, because I was really mad about his treatment in the original story of Frankenstein.

I mean, really. The doctor creates a man from the dead body parts of other men but doesn't realize how freaky that is until he pumps life into it? and then, rather than taking responsibility for his actions once it's too late to NOT pump life into it, he abandons it? and then blames it for becoming bad when it's been hated by everyone and had no protector because he abandoned it?

Screw you too, Doctor Frankenstein.

But I digress.

I'm not sure I can pinpoint a favorite part just now (although you know I'm going to think about that when I watch it tomorrow evening), but Igor is probably my favorite character.

In answer to your other query: Mel Brooks YAY. Come on. Whose answer to this question is "god, no?"

(Okay, I shouldn't have asked. Now that person is going to come out of the woodwork.)

766 Reviews

Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:44 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

@BlueAfrica what have you done? They're going to mob us cause MR is always so lively with haters.
Also sure this isn't your favorite scene?

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:54 pm
BluesClues says...

I dunno, I particularly like "No, it's not Ee-gor, it's Eye-gor."

*resists urge to fan the flames by saying that people are entitled to their opinions but if you don't like Mel Brooks your opinion is wrong*

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:57 pm
BluesClues says...

*does not resist the urge very well*

In my defense, I spend like zero time in this forum normally.

766 Reviews

Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:45 pm
Brigadier says...

I'm only here because of Lumi's posts on john green

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

[while trapped in a bucket of popcorn] You know what the worst part is? It's not even butter. We're gonna be destroyed by... ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING!
— Blake Bradley, Power Rangers Ninja Storm