Young Writers Society

Good Mythical Morning

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:40 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Do we idolize a pair of guys who capitalize on our daily lives?

Good. Mythical. Morning.

It may be part of your daily routine, or this may be your introductory discussion into the world of mythical beasts, but hither-tither whether or not, one thing remains: the Internetainers Rhett and Link have struck absolute gold in their brand of family-friendly comedy and boiled-for-safety shenanigans.

There are tons of things to talk about with GMM. Good, bad, and ugly.

Which is your favorite episode? What's your favorite recurring segment? Who's your favorite member of the Mythical Crew? Do you think they go too far to be family-friendly? Do you think they slip up too much? What's up with the new Wheel of Mythicality? Do you dislike the "You Know What Time It Is" portion as much as I do? 'Cause I do.

Have you ever bought any of their swag? Do you think they hawk it too much? Not enough? Is it good swag? Bad swag? Not swag at all? Which of the two in the duo is your favorite?

When was your favorite "Will It?" When was your favorite Link Glitch? Favorite Rhett rant? Rhett Dirty Moment? Rhett Staring Into The Camera Like 'Can You Believe What I Put Up With?'

I want to hear you!
...you know what time it is.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:15 am
View Likes
Rook says...

Hello I have many opinions on GMM. too many to put in a post. If you're ever in chat and want to... let's talk about that.

I just skip past the wheel of mythicality at the end of the show. When they say "you know what time it is" I'm basically like, "yeah, time to click away." Not that I think they shouldn't have it, I just don't wanna watch it. That's when they get all their announcements out.

I don't buy swag in general, but I don't mind them hawking it. I think it's kinda funny sometimes.
I think it's great they try to be family-friendly! We need more of that in the world I think. and their "slip ups" remind me that they don't have to be, and that they're still real people, and it's not really scripted at all.
I don't really watch them daily. I used to watch them more than I do now. Now I kinda have to be in the mood and I'll go browsing for videos that sound interesting. I love GMCrew though! I think their episodes are kind of more entertaining than most GMMs. Although it seems like they always send someone on a trip that doesn't really help the guys in anyway and is just for entertainment, and tbh I find it more fascinating to see the crew building some crazy structure or making some crazy costume, or cooking up some crazy food. Heck, even just thinking up ideas is pretty interesting. Sure those excursions are entertaining, but I watch it because I love behind the scenes things for everything! (Also can I say that I think Chase has an adorable face?)

When I first started watching, I really liked Link the best. Like, no contest. But now that I've watched for longer, I think I prefer Rhett. They're both great though. Wish I had a friendship like theirs haha!

idk if they still do this, but when they had their "questions" segments, I always just skipped past their spiel of "Mythical beasts, your questions are like eggs..." or what have you. It was funny the first two times I watched that kind of episode, but got very stale very soon.

I have a lot left to say but I don't know what to say next, and what's important, so I'mma just end here. :)
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:26 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

//likes topic enthusiastically

//is casually wearing my "Oh My Flavors" shirt

I'll be replying officially to this Monday when I can get on my laptop again. Until then, Link is my favorite. And Kevin is my favorite crew member. I'm liking this new Sagar guy a lot, too.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:23 pm
Lumi says...

Rhett has been my favorite from the beginning, even when he grates on my nerves waxing political and whatevs. He's just obviously the less up-tight of the two, and I jam to that.

My favorite recurring segment is most definitely the Will It?s. Followed VERY closely by anything containing the Dirty 30 girls (Hannah Hart, Mamrie Hart, Grace Helbig.)

I admittedly giggle a bunch when they slip up because I know I would too if I were in their place so so much. And Link does it so innocently. xD But also maybe not? Because I think he's the better writer of the two of them.

Lately their guest stars have been on fleek and I love it. And my favorite member of the GMCrew is Chase. He's just so adorable and can do no wrong.

Edit: Oh, and I did buy Let The Tigers Tiger, but it was too big, so I rarely wear it.
-Shinji Moon

440 Reviews

Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:00 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I'm back! d:

Fun fact: when deciding on whether or not I should change my username to Wolfical, I looked it up on Google Images and this was the first thing that came up (and it still does come up first, although now some of my YWS stuff is in the mix which is creepy):
Spoiler! :
So I saw that and knew this would be my new name xD

My favorite recurring segment was The Backup Plan. Unfortunately, good things can only last for so long, especially if they're sponsored. If GMMore storytime counts as a segment, then that's my favorite.

I'm not a big fan of the new wheel. Some of the new things are fun and the charity stuff is awesome, but their fan base is so large that you can't really get recognized for the photo editing things (got two likes on Facebook for mine after spending an hour on it... wooo xD) and it isn't likely they'll choose your videos and things unless they're really unique. The #letsgettextual and comment takeovers are fun. But the improv! Those things were gold. The wheel should be more of a mix between the old and new, and I'd be happy.

I love that they're family friendly. I wouldn't be a Mythical Beast today if they weren't.

Are you guys subscribed to Rhett & Link extras? What do you think all these mysterious blank videos with a few seconds of dialogue are? Something to do with the Book of Mythicality, perhaps? :/
and do not be afraid.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:33 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

I foretold EVERY SINGLE BIT of the This is Mythical channel before the cryptic videos started scaring people. I'm so excited. SO excited. It might explain where Daniella and the others went after so short a stint on the mCrew.
-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:51 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

So...Ear Biscuits s3 is fantastic...from the one episode released. I'm looking forward to Ten Feet Tall so much.

Their writing has shot up, and I think it may be thanks to Ellie??? I don't think Sagaar is a writer, but I know Ellie is. What do you think about the current writing?
-Shinji Moon

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Mon May 18, 2020 12:16 am
View Likes
Hijinks says...

I can't believe I just found this thread now! I love watching Gmm, and I'm so glad that they're still making content during social distancing.

They have a lot of prerecorded episodes, but the new episodes are from the safety of their homes, and the screen is split. The vibe is much less scripted and way more informal, a lot like their earlier seasons, and I honestly love it! (Not that I have anything against their more recent style, I just like it for different reasons.)

I like how the show is mostly family-friendly, and it makes it even funnier when one of them accidentally slips up. Though, as of late, it has drifted a bit farther away from pg, and there are a lot of subtle jokes. There was one episode, in particular, a fanfiction reading one, that was not pg (as could be expected). I don't really mind, as it feels like the show is keeping up with me as I grow up, but I could see how some people might prefer cleaner content.

I gotta say, Link is my favourite. Probably because he's so adorable. I also love how he often doesn't realize (or does he?) what he's saying, and his reaction when it sinks in is pure gold. That being said, I feel like I can relate a lot more to Rhett, and his sense of humour is more my style. But together, they're just the perfect duo.

Recently, they've also started uploading to their channel Rhett&Link again. Every Saturday they post a vlog, and those are definitely my favourite videos. They're really relaxed and laid back in their vlogs, and just do stupid things in their hilarious way.
As for crew members, I really like Emily - she's just so sweet. And my favourite guest? I've got to go with Cotton Candy Randy. I don't care if he doesn't count as a guest he's hilarious

Just one more thing I want to mention - they made a really interesting series of podcasts on EarBiscuits, called "Lost years", about their early adulthood and especially their religious (or lack of) beliefs. Even if you don't share their opinions, they are very well articulated and it's a really interesting listen. Of course, if you just want to watch Gmm because of how non-political and comedy focused it is, maybe you don't want to listen to the podcasts.

Anyway. I love Gmm, it's one of the few shows that makes me belly-laugh. It's a lovely escape from the real world, and Rhett and Link are brilliant comedians. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a light show to watch on youtube.
Last edited by Hijinks on Wed May 20, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

440 Reviews

Mon May 18, 2020 8:41 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

The thread is alive again, yay! <3

it feels like the show is keeping up with me as I grow up

I definitely agree with that!

The moment they momentarily switched to that infamous weird multiple video format a while back, my streak of watching GMM every morning was over. I still watch GMM quite a bit, but not nearly as much as I used to.

I do, however, loveee Ear Biscuits and the new vlogs. Whenever I work on a big art project, I usually have enough EBs lined up in my watch later to see me through the whole process. I love EB because it's the pure, unscripted essence of conversation between two lifelong best friends. They're so honest and open, especially now with the Lost Years series behind them.

I sent the rat in the attic vlog video to my mom earlier this year while I was away at college because she hates rats and thinks that we have some in our own attic. She and my dad watched it together and they enjoyed it so much that they started binging the vlogs that night. I was so delighted by that! They've been familiar with R&L a long time because of me, but never have they voluntarily chosen to watch anything, especially my dad. So yeah, I love the vlogs. The rat one, LA river one, and the off-roading ones have been my favorites.

A few days ago I finally got my hands on a copy of The Lost Causes of Bleak Creek and ooh I loved it! It's definitely the most intense, page-turner-y book I've read in a long time, and I liked that every single scene had a purpose. It's a great story, but also such a wonderful tribute to their childhood for those of us that are familiar with it. The end of the acknowledgements made me tear up when they thanked all the mythical beasts, because I've been fans of them for... seven years now? And I'm so proud of them for having come this far to write a book together and everything <3

I agree that Emily is my favorite active crew member! Of all time though, my favorite is John Warder. He has a great channel himself now.

I assume y'all are familiar with youresoloud's videos? So dang good haha. If I need a pick-me-up, these and other GMM compilation videos are my go-to.
and do not be afraid.

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Mon May 25, 2020 11:13 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

The rat one, LA river one, and the off-roading ones have been my favorites.

Yeah, those are some great ones! I also really like the one where they review their kids' toys.

I assume y'all are familiar with youresoloud's videos? So dang good haha. If I need a pick-me-up, these and other GMM compilation videos are my go-to.

Those videos are gold! Any compilation videos of GMM are wonderful, but youresoloud's are particularly funny. No matter how many times I watch the same stupid clips, they still make me laugh.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:03 am
View Likes
Euphory says...

OMG MYTHICAL BEASTS <33333 HOW COME I NEVER KNEW THIS EXISTED
Do any of you all still watch them today? I know all their videos from their 2013-2017 era by heart, but unfortunately am not much of a regular follower now -> though they are still one of those channels that can manage to make me laugh anytime :')
AND SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME YOU REMEMBER THIS BECAUSE I'VE BEEN TRYING TO LOOK FOR THIS GMM SONG ALL THROUGHOUT YOUTUBE BUT FOR SOME REASON IT DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE but the song was supposed to have been made using clips from ther GMmore episode for the Lumberjack Challenge
"It wouldn't be so popular if it werent' effective-
effective for what?
between you and me, you know what?
WEAR WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY (yep)
That was hellish, a HELLISH experience
(WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY)"
?????
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

I am proud of my self, the reason why some of you might disagree with me a little with, but nevertheless I still proud.
— Oxara