Young Writers Society

Wishbone: Our Favorite Doggo Sleuth

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:50 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Time For Another Flashback to Childhood

First off, raise your paw if this television and book series took up a substantial amount of time in your childhood. I know it did for me and I'm just now starting to get rid of my Wishbone books. But I have not brought you here, to hear me complain about my mom making me get rid of books. Instead you're here to discuss the one and only dog detective, Wishbone.

Two, this was my favorite book series for ears and even up into the time I was about fourteen, because at that point I had read most of the movies and books they had given the dog twist. At a point though, the writing kid becomes too childish and the only thing you can enjoy about it, is your childhood connection. The tv series is still fun to watch from time to time but since I've had little to no look on the internet, I rely on my old VHS tapes.

Third, now you know my stance. What's yours? Have you always loved Wishbone and will love him to the end of the earth? Was the series good while it lasted? Did you always have something against the cop canine?

Four, there actually is still one book in the series I still love. Unleashed in Space which was shaped after the Legion of Space. (still haven't gotten a round to reading that and I've been working on it since 2011)

Discuss now or forever hold your peace.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:13 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

WISHBONE <3

aah, that was my favorite show as a child (and still is) :,). I was thinking about this show the other day, no joke. I think my favorite episode, if I remember correctly, was the Paul Revere one.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:41 pm
wakarimasen says...

I remember this show, albeit vaguely. It was good stuff. :D I think my local library had a lot of the chapter books, and old episodes on tape - that's probably where most of my exposure to the series came from.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:17 pm
Lava says...

YO ENID BLYTON BOOK YO!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:27 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

@Steggy in my true fashion of loving sherlock holmes, I loved the slobbery hound best. I watched it far too many times on tape once pbs stopped showing the re-runs.
And @Lava what about Enid now?

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:30 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I own the Robin Hood episode on DVD. I wasn't terribly fond of the Sherlock Holmes episode. Or the Time Machine episode. Wishbone kind of hit right when my anxiety skyrocketed when I was a little little kid, where even things I'd seen a million times were scary and too much.

Wishbone was my lifeblood lol I had the computer game, too, although I hated some parts of it because they got dark and unpredictable and scary. I actually remember being more involved in the "real life" story, and I treated the book as framing for the real life story instead of the other way around.

Although, I remember being distinctly confused about why the actual books didn't have dogs as the main character, when I tried to read the originals.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
— J.K. Rowling