Young Writers Society

Lost

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:57 am
View Likes
birk says...

I can't be the only one on YWS who loves Lost to death, right? It was my life from 2004 to 2010, and I died a bit when it ended. Best series ever! (Although, to be honest, at this point I'm only waiting on GoT to finish it's run before it nabs the top seat)

Hellooo??

Who was your favorite character? It was Hurley, right?

And how did you like the ending? Wasn't Sayid cool? And Sawyer, why didn't that guy get a huge career afterwards? Should that guy who plays Damon Salvatore have returned to Lost somehow?

And will the series ever be continued in a way? Cause seriously, there's been recent rumblings about that. (whaaat?)

I'll also remember those numbers for the rest of my life. 4 8 15 16 23 42

So, am I the only Lostie on YWS??
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:27 am
View Likes
deleted868 says...

Lost was absolutely amazingly! It's by far my favorite show.

I'd say that Desmond was my favorite character, especially because I was totally rooting for him to find Penny.

I thought the ending was really good, just because this show needed a good end, and although I didn't expect that at all, I enjoyed it. Having a 2+ hour long was rather amazing.

Overall, Season Six blew my mind completely! I actually really liked Richard too, because I was so interested in his backstory.

Sawyer was in one show a couple of years ago, but it totally flopped, so I'm not sure where he is now.

Sayid scared me in that last season. Man. That was a really interesting character as well.

I liked Boone a lot, but I'm okay that he never got back on. I mean, I have no idea how he would been able to come back, so...

I honestly don't want the show to be continued. I know a lot of people were disappointed in the finale, but I think it ended on a good note and I'd like it be left there XD.
Hey! I hope your day's been swell, and if not, there's always time for it to get better. See ya!

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:39 am
View Likes
Virgil says...

Nope, you're not the only one. At least not completely--I haven't finished the series and I'm around two seasons or so in, but I do mean to finish it eventually. I haven't actually been watching it for awhile and I've been meaning to get back to it. I've been loving the show so far but I do hear that the ending got a bad reputation, so I'm not sure how fast I want to actually get there.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:43 am
View Likes
birk says...

While the ending was definitely divisive, it was in no way a bad ending. In my opinion it was just a lot of people who didn't understand what made this series that good. And that was the characters. Sure, the mystery keeps us on the edge of our seats, but the characters are what made the show.

Throughout its run, I didn't see Lost as having any filler episodes, whether or not the main mystery plots were moved on, because the backstory of each character episode was so good. (Okay, Nikki and Paulo was kind of filler, but that was a flib)
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:35 pm
View Likes
Persistence says...

Coincidentally, I finished Lost about an hour before you created this topic. I loved it a lot. I don't think it was a bad ending. It felt appropriate given the constant hints and symbolism thrown in throughout. Anything else would have been straying from the content for the sake of creating something people didn't expect, which is just as bad as pandering. This way they kept true to their material. And if we're being honest, it's hard to write an appropriate ending when people have high expectations. You'll always leave someone complaining.

The Nikki and Paolo thing did seem like a filler, and didn't have any significance to the plot. Maybe it was just there to represent all those other people on the plane whose stories never got told because they didn't matter to Jacob lol xD

I think it's definitely something that's worth watching. And even if you don't like the ending, at least you'll have had fun on the way to it. ( :
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:26 pm
Elinor says...

I need to get back into the show. I got sucked in over the summer I left off around Season 3, but it's fantastic. I love all of the characters.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:09 pm
Virgil says...

As of now I'm on season five, and I think I'm around five episodes in. I'm going to try and finish it before March ends, though I doubt it'll take that long seeing how much I've been watching it lately.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:48 am
ShadowPrincess16 says...

I definitely loved Lost! Sawyer was my favorite, though Hurley was a close seond. I've watched it six times now and I still manage to find things I missed before. It's insane.
“wanting what you could not have led to misery and madness”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

I exist as I am, that is enough
— Walt Whitman