z

Young Writers Society

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:58 am
View Likes
supercanti says...

Fight Club is basically about this dude (we'll call him Jack), and he doesn't really like his life. But when Jack meets a guy named Tyler Durden everything changes. Tyler and Jack start up Fight Club were he and Tyler and other people who feel society has done them wrong fight, they fight in Fight Club. And one thing adds to another and this little Fight Club turns into something really really big, Project Mayhem, where they mess with civilization and all of society. And in this book some chick named Marla Singer ties into it all.
I loved this book. In my opinion it is an example of a perfect novel. From start to finish it will be hard to put the book down. After reading this book it will make you look at life and everything a little different, and any novel that actually effects what you think of life you know that's one HECK of a read.

WARNING: This novel is not for all ages. I think if your about 14 or 15 and on would be the appropriate age group for this book. Fight Club is violent, has some sexual references, and some suggestive themes, and a little language.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:15 am
Galatea says...

Brilliant book.

I'd put the age appropriacy line higher, though. more like 17 or 18.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:44 pm
Cassandra says...

I've been meaning to read this for sometime--there's a poster for the movie in my English class, plus it's by Palahniuk, an author from whom Panic! At The Disco gets a lot of inspiration. Just gotta wait for the library to get it. :(
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

7 Reviews

Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:12 am
supercanti says...

Galatea wrote:Brilliant book.

I'd put the age appropriacy line higher, though. more like 17 or 18.

The book wasnt that bad. I think 17 or older may be a little extreme.

128 Reviews

Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:15 am
Galatea says...

Its one of the most disturbing books I've ever read. The film was rated R for a reason. Books are more graphic, by virtue of our imaginations.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:16 am
Snoink says...

Still, it depends on who you are. In any case, take caution. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

7 Reviews

Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:19 am
supercanti says...

^
But looking back on it (its been a while sense Ive read it) it didn't seem THAT bad. Sure, there were some parts that I don't think would be appropriate for some but still.

128 Reviews

Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:14 am
Galatea says...

You must understand, I work at a daycare and one of our boys (aged 10), told one of our other boys to "Shut the f*ck up" on the playground. When queried, he informed me that he learned it from the books he and his father read together. I'm only suggesting that caution is exercised. Besides, you'll likely appreciate the book much more in 6 years or so.

7 Reviews

Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:40 am
supercanti says...

I agree. In that situation you are right.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:32 pm
PandorasChild says...

I adore Fightclub. It changed my entire mindset, and Im glad some one else has read it as I haven't found many people who have, haha sorry, I am 5 years late on finding this :)
"Dad, I'm hungry."
Hello hungry!
"Dad! I'm serious."
I thought you were hungry?
"Are you kidding me?"
No. I'm dad.

There was nothing he enjoyed more than a good book. He'd wander into the study, take down some leather-bound volume, and eat it.
— Terence Brady (dog owner)