z

Young Writers Society

Opinions on RWBY

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:37 am
PrehistoricEchoes says...

So what do you think of Rooster Teeth's new animated production RWBY? I honestly don't know what to think other than that team JNPR is more interesting than the main team and the soundtrack's great.
My life was described in the Halo 3 Machinima, Flag Campers: "The last two hours of travel are confined to a small, hilly area. And it's all squiggly..."

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:25 pm
KingLucifer says...

Wiess seemed the most interesting to me, by her trailer. But in the actual story she seemed Mary-sueish, like in one episode she had problems with Black and in the same episode she's all kool with her. I love the soundtrack but the story isn't the strong point when it probably should be.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Reviews: 1
Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:27 am
UncleQrow says...

The show was kind of dull until I came along. Just sayin'.

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:07 pm
View Likes
kman134 says...

it is the best american anime series ever made since Avatar: the Last Airbender. the series incorporates strong female and male leads but also features realistic individual personalities and character development from all the characters.

in the beginning of the series, Team RWBY--the main group of the series consisting of Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long, Weiss Schnee,and Blake Belladonna--start off as inexperienced and idealistic about their enrollment at Beacon Academy to become huntresses. however, as the series progresses, things start to become darker and slightly more mature, but still retaining its' PG-13 undertone. the characters start to mature and become more experience while learning that being a huntress/hunter is like a fairy tale of romanticism and that there are obstacles and tragedies to achieving their dreams.

the villains are so realistic, either becoming villains because of a need to rise up into the world and strive to rule, or became what they are through unfortunately circumstances and are only bad because of their hatred for the world.

the anime takes much of its' influence from anime series like Gurren Lagann, DBZ, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, Sailor Moon, Strike Witches, Soul Eater, Evangelion, etc. but also incorporates fairy tales and mythological stories from all over the world, also, such as Little Red riding Hood (Ruby Rose), Snow White (Weiss Schnee), Goldie Locks (Yang Xiao Long), and Beauty and the beast (Blake belladonna). the Grimm, while based on real-life animals, are also based on mythological monsters such as dragons and griffins.

It is worth watching

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:01 pm
Zolen says...

It's very clearly inspired by anime, with all the flaws and advantages that come with that direction.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:21 pm
Remington38 says...

Honestly, I am not really an anime kinda girl and so only watched it cause my ex said I should at the time we were dating and I wanted to be into what he was. I was shocked by the very first episode and how very strange it was. I like strange things, but I really just was not a huge fan. I watched a few more seasons but was never absolutely entertained. I did on the other hand love red vs. blue.
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

Remember: the plot is nothing more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations.
— Ray Bradbury