z

Young Writers Society

Gosick Anime!!! :D

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:24 am
GreenLight24 says...

Hey, everybody! I just had to let this out. Recently I've been watching an anime called Gosick. Basically it's a mystery/detective show but it's classified as an action/adventure one. Point is, it is my favorite thing...ever. I've gotta say, I have never seen any piece of visual media that felt like I was reading a novel. I'm bringing this up on here because I really feel like this series was created especially for those who love writing as an art form.

It's got amazing symbolisms (both visually and through the dialogue), interesting allusions, is loaded with metaphors and parallels, and really works towards a single, very clear, central thesis. Not to mention that it's beautifully written and beautifully animated too. The conflicts and plot dynamic are also fantastic and serve as extended metaphors! Each of the characters represents something and there isn't a single detail that doesn't contribute something towards the overarching theme. I'm not even a fourth of the way through this series and already, it's a masterpiece.

I recommend Gosick to anyone who loves writing and the more intricate details and subtleties that make it such a beautiful art form. Cartoon buffs too! Gosick is one of those pieces of media that really challenges you to think really hard, but, if you do, the magnified experience is well worth the journey! It's an analytical paradise! ;)

Just because I can't help myself right now, here is a link to the opening sequence. It's a good sample of the many things that make this show great! ;)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y6L21UxAew

#gosick #mustwatch
"My Wellspring of Wisdom told me so!"

-Victorique De Blois, Gosick.

Just because you don't feel like a hero in your own story, doesn't mean you're not a hero in someone else's.
— Tenyo