Young Writers Society

Wandavision Discussion

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:43 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Okay, so I don't think I'm fully prepared to "review" Wandavision just yet, especially since it has not finished yet (according to some people I have followed, we still have a good two hours of runtime left if the estimates given before Wandavision released were accurate and true.)

However, this is a show that just DEMANDS to be talked about. So! LET'S FANBOY AND FANGIRL TOGETHER!!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:20 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Not even talking about the show just yet but the absolute DEMAND for Wandavision as of Episode 7 was so insane the servers couldn't handle the load. I had to wait a good fifteen minutes just to get onto Disney+

For a streaming service with almost 100 million subscriptions, that's super impressive.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:56 am
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

I just watched the first two episodes so i wont be in here till i catch up so i dont see spoilers but i can say WHAT THE HECK IS THIS SHOW I LOVE IT, BUT ALSO WHAT WANADA WHAT
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:15 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

We binged the first six episodes last Saturday and then episode 7 last night! I'm really enjoying it. The difference in style between the sitcoms is so interesting. I also love that they have Darcey and Agent Woo on the outside-- and I REALLY like Monica as a character, I can't wait to see where she's going.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:09 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I think I'll just be posting some of my thoughts randomly because, well, organized thoughts? too much effort lol

Episode 7 Spoilers

Spoiler! :
Okay, MONICA RAMBEAU has the best on-screen superhero origin in cinematic history. I sincerely think Monica's arc so far is the best handled arc in Wandavision, and her motivations in Episode 7 has cemented her not only as a wonderful superhero and protagonist, but also as a deeply relatable character.

The transformation that happens when she goes through the Hex is just... it was awesome to watch. You see her being ripped apart into different versions of her throughout this reality, and you hear her motivations through Captain Marvel dialogue that are repeated in the scene. But she pulls herself together, literally, and becomes something more because of it. It's such a powerful story, and I can't wait to see how it continues.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:11 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Episode 7 Spoilers :D

Spoiler! :
This absolute B O P

phpBB [media]

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:40 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Wandavision Episode 8 spoiler discussion

Please turn back if you haven't watched the episode! I don't avoid spoilers

Spoiler! :
The flashback to the salem trials posed a lot more questions than it answered lol. What was this forbidden magic that agatha connected with? Was it the dark hold? Mephisto? Agatha can absorb magic. How will this work with wanda?

I feel like a lot of this episode was info dumping and exposition to explain this to those who don't really get what's going on. This feels like it drags on for those in the know more.

Agatha isn't a villain! She just knows power without constraint. Maybe agatha is wondering where this huge amount of magic is coming from? Maybe she can't absorb this magic and it makes her afraid. This also begs the question: who is the villain?

The flashback to sokovia is just heartbreaking. It also explains the first commercial in the show. I wonder if the commercials were agatha trying to break through to wanda?

This also shows that wanda was a witch before age of ultron. She had powers beforehand, which agatha says wasn't strong but I think wanda was a naturally strong witch.

And wow, the infinity stone scene. This reminds me a LOT of the phoenix force. Is this kevin feiges version of the phoenix force? The mind stone was communicating with wanda. It seems like magic mixed with the mind stone creates chaos magic. Was the mind stone showing what was truly inside of wanda? (The scarlet witch). There's more to this than I can think of right now (it's 4 am right now lol). This is probably the most important scene in this episode, and there were multiple important scenes.

So! A lot of people suspected that hayward manipulated the footage back in episode five. This confirms it. I think hayward went back to sword headquarters in ep 4 to confirm visions body was still there. Like, wanda didn't steal it, right? Hayward was making a gamble on trying to get vision back. This also brings into question episode six, where they saw hayward was tracking vision by vibranium. So vision is fully alive in the hex. New body, new mind. Wanda created him. New mind stone?

Then we see the scene where wanda creates the hex. Her grief causes the magic. I suspected this was the case because of age of ultron. When wanda felt pietro die, her magic burst out of her.

And we get the reveal that wanda is using chaos magic like from the comics, she can manipulate reality and create matter, and she can bring people back to life or even create life. She is the scarlet witch.

AND THEN WE GET A MID CREDIT SCENE

Hayward brings a new vision to life. This one is white with a triangle in his forehead instead of the mind stone. This doesn't have jarvis or the mind stone. So it loses the humanity and instinct to do good and the sentience of the mind stone. What replaces this? A lot of people are theorizing it's ultron, since there's been hints of ultron returning in spiderman homecoming and ultron was almost finished downloading in age of ultron. Perhaps there's a vestige of ultron that was left in visions body.

So we are gearing up for a battle of magic and science. Agatha vs wanda and vision vs vision. How does maria and feitro fit into this? There's also a chance for vision to be alive again in the future with that white body. The mind of vision in the hex and the body outside of the hex. I also like the sidenote that vision and wanda are a marriage of magic and science.

We still don't know what that rabbit is. Senor scratchy. Is it really mephisto?

As for this episode... It was a nice episode. By far the most emotional episode so far. It explained a lot. Unfortunately, most that it explained was stuff I already guessed, so I wasn't really invested for the first few minutes. I also wished this episode was longer, even though it was the longest by far. Episode nine has a lot to do to conclude this series. I have a feeling it's gonna be a long episode (here's hoping for a movie length?) Because while this episode did answer questions, it had a lot more posed. I cannot believe we only have one episode left. We feel like we only just got to the second act, honestly. At this point, I want to learn more from other fans online before we get to the finale. This next one might be the only episode I'm okay with waiting a week for!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:21 am
LadyMysterio says...

WHoa, there was a whole forum for this show i majorly geeked out about, and i didnt know at the time XD
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

It's been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable.
— Mr Collins, Pride and Prejudice