Young Writers Society

My first Article

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:37 pm
View Likes
Judy says...

Paths and Directions

You know, I sometimes wonder to myself when things are going wrong in my life I think to myself “Is there a right path to follow or a right direction to turn”. I sit and wonder when something good in my life happens I think “that’s great I’m climbing up another step on the ladder but when something bad happens I fall off the step and go back down again”.
My family always told me all things happen for a reason whether it’s good or bad it doesn’t matter. Say like you’re driving your car a certain direction but you don’t feel it’s the right direction what should you do, keep going in the same direction or move into another direction? Nobody can choose but yourself, or you’re going for a walk and you’re trying to get somewhere and you feel you’re on the wrong path. What do you do stay on that path or move to another path?

Life is full of surprises not just for me for everyone you could get a surprise when you least expect it. Sometimes it’s good surprises, and sometimes it’s bad but that doesn’t matter because after a bad surprise comes a good surprise and after a good surprise comes a bad one or visa versa. It could be a surprise like… You’ve got a new job or you’ve got a new partner or you passed your exams it could be the tiniest little detail but there could be bad surprises in life also like A death of a Family member or you can’t get a job or nothing’s going your way life could surprise you with anything and you wouldn’t even expect it.

In life everybody sets themselves different goals and different targets that they hope to achieve while they are creating and living their lives. These could be what they want to be when they are older things like a Teacher, Doctor, Nurse, and Midwife, Coach everything but sometimes not everyone achieves those goals.

Sometimes the people who don’t get to achieve their goals go on to do other things with their lives, if they don’t get to do their dream job they will go on to get a normal job and enjoy that and make a career out of it.

Some people will meet someone and get married and settle down and have children of their own and move on to live their own life, some may stay single until they can find someone perfect for them. And some may get married and settle down with the one they think is for them but years down the line it’s not working out anymore so they get divorced and are back to square one all over again.

Life is like a jigsaw puzzle you have a piece for every part of your life…
You start off with a Family and Friends who support you from when you were a Baby, A Toddler, Nursery, Primary School, High School and College until you are about 18-21 and then it’s time to fly the nest.
Time to stand on your own two feet, Time to find a job that will be your career, Time to find your partner and to settle down with them and create your own little family, Time to find a little house for you and your Family to live in and it’s Time to complete the Jigsaw, have you found the missing piece to your life only you can be the judge of that, do you think you have found the right path to take or are you heading in the right direction again only you can be the judge.

So as you can see in life there are so many different paths and directions you could choose to take or follow but at the end of the day it’s your life, your future and only you can decide which path and direction is yours.

By Judy Jamison :)

"Perhaps it is better to wake up after all, even to suffer, rather than to remain a dupe to illusions all one's life."
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening