Young Writers Society

Squills 5/15/23

Reviews: 0
Tue May 16, 2023 2:51 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

FEATURED MEMBER INTERVIEW: THE EGG
written by alliyah < PM: >

At the beginning of April something wonderful happened. Yes, yes, April Fools of course - and you can read @Omni's article for all those details. But I'm talking about something perhaps even more historically significant. That's right, @TheEgg was featured as YWS's own Featured Member. Most people know TheEgg as the subject of @fishsahimi's now infamous most liked post which now has the most likes of any people tab posts on YWS with 119 total likes including likes by @Mageheart, @Snoink, @KateHardy, @BluesClues, @Classified, @SPEW, and even @Nate!

Also of historical interest, though many people know Bartemius the Monkey as the mascot of YWS, in a more recent election in 2019 The Egg was actually voted as the Ultimate YWS Mascot by an overwhelming majority.

What's so special about The Egg you ask? Well in addition to being a wholesome mascot, supporter, encourager, and symbol - the Egg stood for truth and unity amidst the Classified vs. Unclassified uprisings in recent years, the Egg was one of the first users to sign the petition against Classified's conspiracies, and has withstood multiple attacks and conspiracies against them from the likes of LoonyMaroony and one attempt to crack the egg. The Egg has been a long-time supporter of the Chicken Genre and Chicken Fan Club and altogether I think you could just say is a Good Egg.

Well without further ado, I could not be more honored to interview one of YWS's most significant and influential members... @TheEgg.

alliyah: Hi Egg, first I just have to say it is HUGE honor to be able to interview you. How are you doing today?

TheEgg: Eggselent

a: Right, right, of course! So when your name was released as our newest Featured Member, I know a lot of users were really joyous including myself, seeing how much energy and attention you've put into the site all these years, what was your reaction when you learned that you were YWS's newest Featured Member, what were your feelings that day?

E: Eggcitement

a: I have to imagine that is very true, and you have every reason to be excited about those results! What qualities or accomplishments do you think most contributed to you being chosen as Featured Member?

E: Hen-durance

a: I definitely see that in you, in addition to your wonderful sense of humor - your ability to continue to endure through whatever life throws at you has really been I think an inspiration for many YWS-ers. So you have accomplished so much on YWS and also really given back to the community in so many ways - do you have an accomplishment you are most proud of, or something that is a highlight of your YWS journey so far?

E: Unscrambling the truth

a: Absolutely! Now if you could leave YWSers with one piece of advice on how to make an impact on YWS like you, what would you say?

E: Tell yolks! And #LongLiveBigBrother .

Thank you so much for your time Egg! We will continue to meditate on your wise words. If you enjoyed this article, you may enjoy catching up on other Squills Features of the Egg:

CHICKEN OR THE EGG: YWS HISTORY
BLUE GOLD MACAWS, CHICKENS, CLASSIFIED OH MY
And The Egg's Featured Member Post

Tue May 16, 2023 2:53 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

SHAMELESS PLUGS

written by SquillsBot < PM: >

We love to run articles and questions, but we also love to advertise for you. Let people know about your new blog, a poem or story you’re looking for reviews on, or a forum thread you’d like more traffic on through Squills’ Shameless Plugs. PM @SquillsBot with the exact formatting of your advertisement, contained in the following code.

Code: Select all
Place advertisement here. Make sure you include a title!

And now for this week's Shameless Plugs!

Reading Recommendation: Check out the COOP

Have you read the latest editions of The COOP: chickens of our poetry ZINE ? Your local YWSers @Rook and @alliyah serve as COOP's editors and have just released their 5th Edition . Give it a read and see what you think! You can even make your own submission to COOP over on the website if you have any chicken-related poetry or art and are at least 18 years old. Hope you take a look at these newly hatched zines!

That's all folks~ Now send us yours.

Tue May 16, 2023 3:25 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

SUBSCRIBERS

written by SquillsBot < PM: >

Find an enspoiler-ed a list of our subscribers!
Spoiler! :

@SquillsBot@Carina@Shady@ArcticMonkey@Hannah@KingLucifer@Caesar@veeren@megsug@StoneHeart@Skydreamer@Love@Aley@Rydia@Alpha@skorlir@KnightTeen@crossroads@neko@Aquila90@DudeMcGuy@kayfortnight@Cole@Blackwood@manisha@Rook@Gardevite@cgirl1118@KittyCatMeow@Willard@ChocoCookie@carbonCore@Auxiira@Blues@Paracosm@Sparkle@FireFox@Dakushau@wizkid515@yubbies21@PiesAreSquared@FatCowsSis@CelticaNoir@BenFranks@TimmyJake@whitewolfpuppy@WallFlower@Magenta@BrittanyNicole@GoldFlame@Messenger@ThereseCricket@TriSARAHtops@Ventomology@Evander@WillowPaw1@Laure@TakeThatYouFiend@KaiTheGreater@Cheetah@NicoleBri@Pompadour@Zontafer@Crimsona@vluvswriting@GreenTulip@Audy@EllaBliss@eldEr@Deanie@lostthought@CesareBorgia@Omni@Morrigan@AfterTheStorm@BrumalHunter@Arcticus@Wolfi@Pamplemousse@Sassafras@gia2505@ExOmelas@SkyeWalker@Noelle@elysian@TinkerTwaggy@kingofeli@SpiritedWolfe@malachitear@GeeLyria@AdmiralKat@Clickduncake@rainforest@Seraphinaxx@Pretzelstick@WritingWolf@EternalRain@Tuesday@Dragongirl@JKHatt@Lucia@donizback@Que@BlueSunset@artybirdy@IncohesiveScribbles@cleverclogs@MLanders@ClackFlip@PickledChrissy@racket@Lorelie@Gravity@BluesClues • @hermione315@Steggy@willachilles@tintomara138@AmatuerWritings@TheLittlePrince@TheForgottenKing@Shoneja123@Mageheart@Mea@klennon14@fandomsNmusic@Meerkat@HolographicLadybug@Sevro@DragonWriter22@RippleGylf@amelie@Morrigun@Megrim@Kazumi@inktopus@OreosAreLife@Saruka@rosette@PastelSlushie@Strident@darklady@Jashael@TheBlueCat@Mathy@Lives4Christ24@manilla@Danni88@Elinor@fishsashimi@TheWeirdoFromBeyond@shaniac@neptune@Storybraniac@WritingPrincess@Starve@JosephHGeorge@Amabilia@Fantascifi66@paperforest@alliyah@Lib@Dossereana@atlast@EverLight@AlyTheBookworm@mckaylaam@JesseWrites@lillianna@IcyFlame@writingbright@RadDog13579@Euphory@LUNARGIRL@yosh@momonster@rida • @starshipgirl • @ForeverYoung299@MailicedeNamedy@RandomTalks@QueenMadrose • @Phillauthet@MC • @Zyria

Do you, too, want to be enspoiler-ed and receive a personal biweekly notification when the Squills newsletter is posted? Shoot a PM over to SquillsBot to let them know, and you'll be pinged along with the next issue!

What about the chicken, Jack?
— David Letterman