Young Writers Society

Review Month 2022

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:22 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

YWS Training Camp: New Challenges!

Some new challenges have been released over at the YWS Review Training Camp!

LONGER CHALLENGE

Write three reviews (it doesn´t have to be only Green Room works) by using a review template!

SHORTER CHALLENGE

Write a review that has at least 3 times the word “chicken” in it without spamming!

To help you, Mailice has posted in that same thread another review method (hint: it involves an 8-letter word beginning with "t" and ending with "e"!)

Completing a challenge can get you 200 points!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

542 Reviews

Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:05 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

September Review Day

Hello hello!

On 23rd September - 25th September, we'll be having a Review Day. If you've not heard of those before, it's basically an event where YWSers compete to write reviews. This Review Day will be a bit different from ones prior:

1. You'll need to sign up for teams via a thread in The Lounge, and your team planning, hype and chatting will all occur via Lounge threads.
2. Progress will be logged in terms of number of reviews, not by points!

Note that if you don't make the deadline to sign up for a team, or if you prefer to participate individually, that also works!

More information will be coming your way in The Lounge soon!
she/her

542 Reviews

Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:17 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Hashtag: Review Tag!!

Spearmint wrote:We're about two thirds of the way through RevMo now... (!!) How's everyone doing? Cranking out those reviews? Or need a friendly push to do some more? :]

Well, feel free to motivate a friend with #reviewtag! How this works is you review a work, then tag another ywser to do a review too. You can also spice it up by giving them a choice between reviewing and writing you a poem or a joke! ^^

P.S. Be on the lookout for Review Day as well, and check out the official RevMo 2022 thread for all the other fun activities this month!! =D

Link to original comment
she/her

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:50 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

hashtag: ReviewShoutout

Have you gotten any fabulous reviews this review season? Or seen any wonderful reviews around the site? Why not give them a little shoutout with the hashtag ~ #reviewshoutout !

We also have a thread for Review Testimonials in the Will Review For Food Forum for reviews you see that go above and beyond.

YWS has some pretty skilled reviewers out there!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
— Groucho Marx