z

Young Writers Society

Squills 9/16/18 - 9/22/18

Reviews: 0
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:58 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

Welcome to Squills, the official news bulletin of the Young Writers Society!
What will you find here? Tons of interesting news about YWS, including but not limited to: articles about writing, art, and the world of humanities; interviews with YWS members; shameless plugs; link round-ups; and opinionated columns.
And where will all of this come from? Take a look at our fantastic creative staff!

CREATIVE STAFF

Spoiler! :

Editor-in-Chief
Aley

General Editors
EternalRain
concord

Friendly Neighborhood Robot
SquillsBot

Literary Reporter
LadyBird

Community Reporter
TheWeirdoFromBeyond

Poetry Enchantress
Aley
alliyah

Resources Reporter
BiscuitsLeGuin

Storybooks Status Reporter
Available - PM Squillsbot if interested

Writer's World Columnist
elysian

Anime Maniac
Kanome

Social Correspondent
EternalRain

Code Master
WritingPrincess
concord

General Reporters
BiruKun

Ghost Reporter
ShadowVyper
shaniac

Of course, our content can’t come only from our staff. We also depend on you to help keep Squills successful. You’re all a part of a writing community, after all. If you’re interested in submitting to Squills, pop on over to the Reader’s Corner to find out how you can get involved by contributing an article or participating in other Squills activities.

Well, that’s all I have for now. So, what are you waiting for? Enjoy!

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:01 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

FEATURED MEMBER INTERVIEW: POPPY
written by TheWeirdoFromBeyond< PM: >

This week, our featured member is @Poppy, who has been a member of YWS for only a few weeks, and did more than ten reviews in their first week here! They are working on a novel, Pinewood Academy and have posted one chapter. They have been active during revmo and have earned the well-deserved title of Featured Member. I was able to get in touch with them and ask a few questions.

Squills: Thanks for letting me interview you :D How did you react when you were told you are the featured member?

Poppy: Well, I remember logging in and noticed my name on the front page. I thought, woah, how did I get up there? Once I figured it out, I couldn't stop smiling! I was (and am) very thankful for this, and honestly a little shocked. I haven't been here long, so I never would've expected anything like this. It's really an honor to be the featured member of the week, and I'm so stunned that y'all thought of me :D

S: I wasn’t that surprised. Why do you think you were chosen the featured member?

P: I can’t say I’m certain of why I was chosen. My best guess would be that it’s because I’ve been active in the community - writing reviews for RevMo and posting my writing. I play a lot of sports and something I’ve noticed is that if you work hard and really show passion about something, people are bound to notice that eventually. I am very passionate about writing and helping others with their work, so maybe that was what stuck out.

S: Looks like we noticed the right person. If you had the power to, what would be the one thing you would change about YWS?

P: I don’t think I would change anything. Everything seems to be working perfectly, and I love the layout of YWS!

S: Well, as the saying goes, don’t mess with perfection. Anything else you'd like to say before we wrap up this interview?

P: I would like to say to keep writing! I took a really long break (like a few years) because I got busy, and I just didn’t feel like writing anymore. I do not recommend it because with that break, my writing wasn’t improving, and I feel like I lost a lot of creativity. So, to anyone who feels like giving up, or that their writing isn’t good enough, keep going! Even if it’s just a little writing, it will still help you improve.
I would also, again, like to thank everyone for this amazing opportunity!! I am so honored, and I’m so thankful that I joined YWS! You are all so wonderful!!

And that’s it folks, make sure you congratulate Poppy here and check out Pinewood Academy .

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:04 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

REVIEW MONTH UPDATE

written by alliyah < PM: >

This Saturday marked our half-way point for Review Month, and activity seems to be continuing to go strong. At the time this article is being written, we're just about at our half-way point for our site goal of 1250 reviews too! Here are some of the highlights so far:

Username Color Changes
One of the cool perks of this year's review month is that each week folks who have made it to certain review quotas will get a fresh can of paint dumped on their username. This week, @concord, @Mea, @biscuitsLeGuin, @niteowl, @Carlito, @DarkPandemonium, @SpiritedWolfe, @scribbleinks, @BrumalHunter, and @Louisiana15 all made it to 15 or more reviews earning a snazzy dodger blue username. While, @LadyBird, @BlueAfrica, @alliyah, and @Zoom earned the brown username wih 30 or more reviews. If you missed out on the neat color-changes this week, you can still get in on the action by writing 15 reviews. You can also read about next week's target here, RevMo Color Changes .

Team Tortoise
Another fine group of users has been working on another sort of accomplishment over RevMo. These are those who are working on Team Tortoise, in which you review at least once every. single. day. This team takes a methodical and daily dedication to reviewing in order to stay in the running. This month, there are six members who've managed to stay on Team Tortoise so far: Mea, BlueAfrica, niteowl, BrumalHunter, Carlito, ScribbleInks. Congratulations on making it half way through the month Team Tortoise, and good luck on the second half!

Encouragement
A last important highlight from our first half of Review Month has to be all the encouragement for reviewing that's been going around. If you've watched the People Tab at all this month you'll have noticed the many users who are taking to their walls or clubs to encourage one another to meet their review goals.

Here's what a few users had to say:

Carlito

We're half-way through #RevMo !!
    Even if you're a long way from 50, don't despair and don't give up on reviewing! How close are you to getting your next review star? How close are you to beating the person above you in the all time leader board? If 50 feels too far to reach, set a smaller goal for yourself and keep on rocking!

Nate

Right now, Review Month is well on track to hit the 1250 goal. On an average daily basis, we're about 31 reviews behind right now, but we can probably count on at least 100 extra reviews on the Review Day. So, looking good!

ReviewBuddy

Wow! Half-way through #RevMo and look at all the wonderful reviews that have already been written! This raccoon is impressed.

And that's just some of the wonderful encouragement I've seen around the site this week. Best of luck to everyone as you continue to work on your goals!

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:08 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

SOME SUPER SERIOUS BUSINESS

Written by LadyBird < PM: >

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:09 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

REVIEW TIPS
written by TheWeirdoFromBeyond< PM: >

We are another week into revmo and as the end of September draws closer, the number of reviews increases. But for those of you who are stuck, here are some of the articles on reviewing that might help you out.

If you are new to reviewing, it might help you if you had a format of reviewing, which of course, is not necessary to follow. But if you find it helpful, you can stick to one.

There are four review templates that you might find helpful-

Basic
The basic template is for those who are new to reviewing or want a chance to casually cruise through some works and leave a bit of helpful feedback as they go.
Story
The Story template is for those who really like to dig into the heart of a story. It's about picking apart the characters and un-weaving the plot and figuring out what really makes the story tick, and is most useful to novelists and short story writers.
Technique
The Technique template is about really harnessing the art of stringing words together. It takes a keen eye to filter through the work, find those perfect gems and polish them until they shine. It's most useful to poets and scriptwriters.
Literary
The Literary template is about what makes a piece stand out. It's finding that tiny spark of something honest and raw and bringing it out to its greatest potential.

Check out the templates here: Review Templates .

If you often find yourself asking the question What Isn’t A Good Critique? , then this article is perfect for you. It asks reviewers to

Tickle your mind a little bit. Ask yourself these questions:
What do you think of the characters?
What do you think of the plot?
If you were writing this story, what would you do?
What do you think is going to happen to the characters and plot? (for novels or long stories)

Here is something a few of us can relate to-

We all post works on YWS, and we all receive reviews. How often do we read the reviews and think, “I meant to do that. This reviewer just doesn’t understand.” Well, that’s right, we don’t understand.

The article tells us about how Clichés, Mary Sue characters, and being blunt might be intended by the author. To know how to solve this problem, check out the full article here: When Reviewing, Consider

"I'm still new to writing. All these stories are so good, I don't know what to say for a review. Those writers know way more about what they're doing than I do."

If this sounds familiar and you want to know a solution, read Reviewing Writers More Skilled Than You .

And for those of you who need help with Critiquing poetry , @Cade offers some good advice.

"More what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules."
The poet and the speaker are not the same person.
A line break does not denote a pause.
Be nit-picky.
Think of things specific to poetry that you can critique.
Not just for old-timey rhyme-y poems.

But this is just a short sum up, so read the full article to know more.

That’s it, for now, but there is more out there which I couldn’t cover or missed, so if you still need advice, check out the Index where you can find several more articles about reviewing.

And if you haven’t already, join The Better Review Bureau and pledge your support to The Knights Of The Green Room .

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:13 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

SERIOUS DISCUSSION AND DEBATE FORUM
written by EternalRain< PM: >

The Serious Discussion and Debate forum is a place where members of all different opinions and ideas can express what they think in a mature space! There’s a variety of topics to talk about; from religion to social culture to TV shows to philosophy! Or, if there’s something you want to talk about but isn’t a thread yet, you can create one!

Here’s a little showcase of what’s being discussed right now:

1. Is there a God?

For the discussion of the idea of the existence of a higher power - not necessarily for a particular one deity but rather for the idea of a whole of a higher power. This topic was created nearly a year ago by @jimss23 but there is still a discussion going on!

2. Racial humor

What do you think about racial humor? What’s your personal line between racism and racial jokes? @Arcticus is curious about your opinion!

3. Aliens

Do you believe in aliens? Why or why not? Voice your opinion here in this thread created by @DEA.

4. Absolute Truth

@Lightsong created a discussion on absolute truth. How does absolute truth play a part in discussion and debate? (Should debaters believe what they’re saying is the only truth or should there be recognition of other possibilities?)

5. Are we too easily offended in today’s society?

@Clarity brings up an interesting idea about people getting offended easily. What do you think? Are people getting more easily offended, is it the recognition of offensive behaviors, or something else?

This is certainly not an exhaustive list of the threads in the forum, so if none of these topics pique your interest, take a look at there rest here . Remember if you do post to be respectful of others’ opinions!

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:14 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

POP CULTURE CORNER - BAD DISNEY CULTURE PART 2

Written by LadyBird < PM: >

My article from last week jumped through a lot of different topics, which was my attempt at getting the priority things out on the table. Now that the bulk issue is out on the table it's time to pick apart THE GOOD, THE BAD and THE UGLY of DISNEY.
For the heck of it though and to give some hope to my readers, it'll be in reverse orders.

THE UGLY
Not all the blame falls on Disney for the messages presented through their films because of the classic model of fairy tales that they like to follow. Classic fairy tales are half morals to guide children and half politics designed to look like something lesser. But while there are many good ideas that we can glean from the classics, they still do present some issues when thought about in the real world.

The main one that comes to my mind is the princess ideology and the dreams that some people have. I realize that my last article was sort of just beating on Disney without explanation and set out to crush some dreams. And that's not exactly how the design was meant to be. I'm not saying that little kids can't have dreams about being a princess/prince and the lifestyle that follows with that. I just want to make it clear that idea shouldn't have reached as far as it did into culture, where some people have psychological issues.

Aside from how I might talk about Disney in relation to rape, there's the further issue of the mentality that might be created from idols.

THE BAD
The tropes that exist in Disney classics (meaning the majority of princess movies), exist in modern, action-adventure movies too. The bad part here is that when talking about how these extend into the real world, the issues go far beyond the audience that Disney caters to. Disney caters to children but the companies that it controls, and of course many others outside of it, love the "damsel in distress" model of plotlines.

Damsel in distress is probably the most cliche thing I have ever approached, aside from the sappy romantical poetry that we would hope dies in high school. If you're not aware of what this type of plot means, it's pretty self explanatory. There's a damsel. She's in distress. She has to have a man rescue her.

This exists on many models in cinema and literature, from the princess type of movie to a more modern-ish Indiana Jones (which is again another thing I need to talk about but still a different time.) If I'm remembering correctly, it exists in long running franchises like Mission Impossible as well, even if not on such a blatant scale.

THE GOOD
With the new century (and really even the end of the last), Disney has been making its movies more progressive. In fact, Frozen got in hot water for its presentation of this change, when some parents found the different damsel model to be offensive otherwise...

However, I honestly don't think Frozen did that much as compared to Mulan and Brave, which were focused on more masculine female characters. In these, they weren't relying on men to save them and there was little romantic involvement.

For Brave, there's absolutely none for most of the movie. The premise is handing Merida off to a husband but that obviously doesn't happen. Mulan has different motivations, which mildly involve cross dressing, a canon thing that could actually be a good message wrapped up in there somewhere. On the bottomline, Merida and Mulan both prove they're stronger than most men and then therefore don't need to be saved.

A NOTE
There are a lot of Pixar films that qualify as movies with a good message, but for the purposes of this article, I was relying on the princesses. I know I started the series with talking about the soundtrack of a Pixar film but I don't have as many issues with Pixar branded films.

There's also the issue of Disney's control of Marvel and Star Wars, which are two franchises trying to give the market a run for its money.

So...
the ugly, bad role models in films pointed towards children.
the bad, the tropes that make those characters dangerous, exist across the rest of film, perpetuating issues.
the good, changes are being made in the different parts of the market.

Next week maybe we'll talk about some more princesses and historical development.
Until then,
- Lizz

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:14 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

RIDDLE MASTER
written by WritingPrincess< PM: >

This week, I’ve decided to introduce most consistent riddler/s. Every three Riddle Master articles, I will see who has answered riddles (correctly or incorrectly) the most in those three weeks. This week, we received answers from @Cloudkid, @Mea, @rosette, @BlueAfrica, @Lael and @TheBlueCat, which means that our most consistent riddlers for the past three weeks are:
Mea
TheBlueCat
BlueAfrica
Cloudkid

Well done you four! Let’s take a look at the answers to last week’s riddles.

What goes up but never comes down?

David’s father has three sons: Snap, Crackle and .......?

David (This one is better done spoken, but I had to include it somewhere as people are forever tricking me with it!)

Where does Christmas come before Thanksgiving?

In the dictionary/alphabet

You live in a single story house where everything is painted yellow. What colour would the stairs be?

There are no stairs as it is a single story house (This one is better done spoken as well)

What belongs to you, but other people use it more then you?

Your name

This week’s Riddle Master is...
Lael
Who got a total of...
5/5
Riddles correct! Well done!

Another new addition this week: prizes! The most consistent riddler/s every three weeks will each receive 10 points, and the Riddle Master every week will receive 15 points. I know this isn’t much but hopefully it will raise in the future. Anyway, here are this week’s riddles.

There is a dead man in the middle of a field, nothing is around him and there are no footprints of any sort. There is an unopened package next to him. How did he die? HINT: As he approached the field he knew he was going to die.

How is it possible to always find what you’re looking for in the last place you look?

What 5 letter word typed in all capital letters can be read the same upside down?

Flat as a leaf, round as a ring; Has two eyes, can't see a thing.
What is it?

Who always stalks you during the day but never stalks you at night?

If you have any ideas about what the answers to those riddles may be, fill out the Google Form here . Have a good week, Riddlers!

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:15 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

REVIEW MONTH PERSPECTIVE

written by alliyah < PM: >

The last two weeks we've heard from some of the folks participating in Review Month @LadyBird and @BlueAfrica about their RevMo perspectives, goals, and strategies. This week I thought I'd share some of my perspectives on RevMo.

This is my second year participating in RevMo. Last year, I was able to squeeze out 50 reviews, and this year I'm planning to do the same. So, personally I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with RevMo. Because 50 reviews is a lot for anyone to do in a month, no matter what your schedule looks like! I think a lot of people who do Review Month get so tied to that goal of "50 Reviews" that if they're unable to do it they think they've failed, or sometimes the quality of reviewing goes way down in order to accommodate doing more reviews. And for the folks that are doing 50 (or more) quality reviews I think it's really difficult not to feel burned out at the end of the month. For me, RevMo gives me a little bit of the feeling that the end of NaPo gives me where it feels like you've just accomplished a long race and now you just need to lay down and stop reviewing for a while.

Like I said though, it's a love-hate relationship, so there are some aspects I love about Review Month too. First, I love the encouragement all over the site for people to work on honing their reviewing skills. Just like it's important to work on different poetry or prose concepts to get better at writing, I also think it's important to sometimes check into your reviewing tool-box and see what resources you have and what skills you can work on there. Not only because reviewing well helps out our community, but also reviewing helps you better understand writing and how your writing is interpreted by a reader. I think that doing so many reviews in one month really makes you re-evaluate how you're writing reviews and look at ways you could do better.

My other favorite part of Review Month that should go without saying, is that coordinating my avatar to my username color gives me a lot of joy for some reason or another. Also if you didn't know, Dark Cyan is one of my favorite colors, so I am very excited about the next color-change challenge. Here's some examples of username color coordination I'm very proud of.

So, with all the "negatives" or risks of review month, I ask myself what strategies can I work on myself to avoid the aspects I don't necessarily like about it. One of the biggest strategies I think is to have and encourage goals that are attainable and realistic for people's lives and schedules. Review Month isn't "50 Reviews or Nothing". If you do just one review during review month, you have participated. And if you set your goal at something lower (or higher) than 50 and achieve that, seriously that's great. This year we have different color username goals at different levels, to ensure that more people can participate in it. If you do fifteen or more reviews during the month you still get to have an awesome username color change for the month.

Another strategy to avoid burn-out or getting stressed about the number of reviews is to keep the attitude fun and encouraging. I personally love using the wacky review banners during Review Month, especially all the neat ones LadyBird has been making, (example below) because they make it feel like you're not just in a competition against your self but are reviewing for team - whether it's Knights of the Green Room, the Better Review Bureau, Blues Clues, or something else. I also like posting or sharing encouraging posts that encourage reviewing quality or celebrate people meeting their review goals.

From my perspective, review month is about celebrating being part of the YWS community where we encourage each other in our writing and goals, it's about working on my individual reviewing skills, and having a chance to have a dark cyan username for a week. There are some aspects of review month that can end up getting a bit stressful and all about the numbers, but I think viewing it from a community perspective and keeping realistic goals helps me enjoy it!

Thanks for reading! If you're participating in RevMo and would like to share your perspective, I'd love to interview you for Squills, so feel free to send me a PM.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:16 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

REVIEWING NOVELS
written by concord < PM: >

Hello there, and welcome to another take on review advice! This week's topic is on reviewing those lovely creations often called novels and chapters.

Why review these sometimes intimidating creatures? Well, one reason is that by giving feedback, you can help writers in want of help. In addition, you can also learn from pointing out something to improve on and then take your own advice. Lastly, you get to start conversations with other, fellow lovers of writing.

Following novels could also be a great opportunity for staying involved. This way, not only can you help another with their writing, but you can have a regular source of reviews. One final note is that there is a chance that a friendship comes out of this relationship, which I think is pretty cool myself.

Now, onto actually reviewing novels.

Introduction

I wanted to say that grammar is not the only topic reviewers can focus on. If the writer asks for help concerning punctuation, for example, then you can definitely go over that, but it's really not too hard to give your opinion about other topics as well. Some of these I will explain below.

All of these topics are important in their own way, and the setting is not an exception. Having enough sensory details can be pretty difficult in a rough draft of a novel. Writers can feel pressure in trying to get everything in their opening chapters, and not see a way out. Here is where you can step in. Read parts of a single section and try to picture where it's taking place, with what you are currently given. Are you feeling lost with nothing more than "they walked down the hall"? Can you hear the trees whisper as the character limps through a forest? Let the author know! Every tidbit helps.

Characters

Making well-rounded and developed actors can be the goal of many writers, but that can be difficult to do. If a three-year-old speaks with a stronger vocabulary than an English professor, ask a question instead of writing that story off. What if they were frozen in a toddler's form? (On a side note, Reborn! has characters exactly like that!) On the other hand, maybe the writer meant to change around some lines or later turned that character into someone different. Give decent questions, and who knows? You could learn something new.

Another part of this is consistency. If a character tends to speak in puns, but they don't say one for five chapters, something might be up. The writer could have used this as a device to represent a change in their MC's life, or maybe they forgot. In that case, go ahead and remind them. Characters are a major portion of stories, and I'd say at least most writers want to make good ones.

Perspective

Another important topic for novels is the point of view. With reading comes opinions on how you prefer to read stories. I think the debate between the first person and the third person is pretty heated for good reason. The perspective could link you to a character or absolutely turn you away from the content. Giving your feelings on the narration can be both helpful yet unhelpful if it only contains dislike towards a certain point of view. Romance novels, especially those with teenager-large audiences seem to relish using "I" as many times as possible. Adventure and practically anything else usually uses the third person and may toggle between a few characters. Go ahead and state whether you connected with the narrator/main character, and address the view, but suggesting the other view may not be seen as too helpful.

Plot

Rounding out this last is probably the most obvious one, but it's still important to go over yet again. Concerning plot, I think it matters more on whether the chapters feel connected or flow into each other, rather than if you especially like the plot. Unless, of course, something is wrong, or is inappropriate or just unnecessary and confuses you. Basically, use judgment when saying you don't like what the novel is about, or instead, point out how it is inaccurate. Of course, if the writer wants a discussion on whether their novel makes sense, then fire away.

In the end, reviewing should be fun and helpful, which is a great combination! Keep making those awesome reviews in the second half of Review Month!

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:21 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

SHAMELESS PLUGS

written by SquillsBot < PM: >

We love to run articles and questions, but we also love to advertise for you. Let people know about your new blog, a poem or story you’re looking for reviews on, or a forum thread you’d like more traffic on through Squills’ Shameless Plugs. PM @SquillsBot with the exact formatting of your advertisement, contained in the following code.

Code: Select all
Place advertisement here. Make sure you include a title!

And now for this week's Shameless Plugs!

Review Month Review Contest

@ReviewBuddy is hosting a Reviewing Contest along with the Better Review Bureau. Submit your best poetry and prose review anytime over the month of September for a chance at the prizes.

1st Place - 700 points
2nd Place - 500 points
3rd Place - 300 points

More information here: Review Month Review Contest .

THE COMMANDER:
CALLING ALL KNIGHTS

The Commander is challenging all Knights of the Green Room to pledge their support to reviewing 10 Green Room Reviews during the September Review Month.

For the good of the Green Room will you support this noble cause?

Tales from the Airwaves
Have Arrived

That's all folks~ Now send us yours.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:21 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

SUBSCRIBERS

written by SquillsBot < PM: >

Find an enspoiler-ed a list of our subscribers!
Spoiler! :

@SquillsBot@Carina@ShadowVyper@ArcticMonkey@Hannah@KingLucifer@Caesar@veeren@megsug@StoneHeart@Skydreamer@Love@Aley@Rydia@Alpha@skorlir@KnightTeen • @ChildOfNowhere • @neko@Aquila90@DudeMcGuy@kayfortnight@Cole@Blackwood@manisha • @fortis • @Gardevite@cgirl1118@KittyCatMeow@Willard@ChocoCookie@carbonCore@Auxiira@Iggy@Blues@Paracosm@Sparkle@FireFox@Dakushau • @AlexSushiDog • @wizkid515@yubbies21@PiesAreSquared@FatCowsSis@CelticaNoir@BenFranks@TimmyJake@whitewolfpuppy@WallFlower@Magenta@BrittanyNicole@GoldFlame@Messenger@ThereseCricket@TriSARAHtops@Ventomology@Evander@WillowPaw1@Laure@TakeThatYouFiend • @RoseAndThorn • @Cheetah@NicoleBri@Pompadour@Zontafer@QueenOfWords@Crimsona@vluvswriting@GreenTulip@Audy@EllaBliss@eldEr@Deanie@lostthought@CesareBorgia • @Omnom • @Morrigan@AfterTheStorm@BrumalHunter@Arcticus • @Wolfical • @Pamplemousse@Sassafras@gia2505 • @BiscuitsLeGuin • @SkyeWalker@Noelle@elysian • @Tortwag • @kingofeli@SpiritedWolfe@malachitear@GeeLyria@AdmiralKat@Clickduncake • @yellow • @Seraphinaxx@Pretzelstick@WritingWolf@EternalRain@Tuesday@Dragongirl@JKHatt@Lucia@donizback •@Querencia • @BlueSunset@artybirdy@IncohesiveScribbles@cleverclogs@MLanders@ClackFlip@PickledChrissy@racket@Lorelie@Gravity • @BlueAfrica • @hermione315@Steggy@willachilles@tintomara138@AmatuerWritings • @Ithaca • @TheForgottenKing@Shoneja123 • @saen • @Mea@klennon14@fandomsNmusic@Meerkat@HolographicLadybug@Sevro@DragonWriter22@RippleGylf@amelie@Morrigun@Megrim • @outvaders • @StormCloud • @OreosAreLife@Saruka@rosette@PastelSlushie@Strident@darklady@Jashael@TheBlueCat • @Thundahguy • @ZeldaIsShiek • @Lives4Christ24@manilla@Danni88@Elinor • @BiruKun • @TheWeirdoFromBeyond • @GodHatesShane • @shaniac@neptune@Storybraniac@WritingPrincess

Do you, too, want to be enspoiler-ed and receive a personal weekly notification when the Squills newsletter is posted? Shoot a PM over to SquillsBot to let him know, and you'll be pinged along with the next issue!

When one is highly alert to language, then nearly everything begs to be a poem.
— James Tate