z

Young Writers Society

Squills 4/17/2017 - 4/22/2017

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:57 pm
SquillsBot says...

Welcome to Squills, the official news bulletin of the Young Writers Society!

What will you find here? Tons of interesting news about YWS, including but not limited to: articles about writing, art, and the world of humanities; interviews with YWS members; shameless plugs; link round-ups; and opinionated columns.

And where will all of this come from? Take a look at our fantastic creative staff!

CREATIVE STAFF

Spoiler! :
Editor-in-Chief
megsug

General Editors
Gravity
Aley

Friendly Neighborhood Robot
SquillsBot

Literary Reporter
Holysocks
Spots available - PM Squillsbot if interested

Community Reporter
marmalade
Casanova

Poetry Enchantress
Aley

Resources Reporter
Available - PM Squillsbot if interested

Storybook Reporter
Available - PM SquillsBot if interested

Quibbles Columnist

Writer's World Columnist

Link Cowgirl
megsug

Social Correspondent
Mea
EternalRain

Associates of Pruno and Gruno
Pruno - Available - PM SquillsBot if interested
Gravity

Code Master
Available - PM SquillsBot if interested

General Reporters
Nikayla
PrincessInk

Of course, our content can’t come only from our staff. We also depend on you to help keep Squills successful. You’re all a part of a writing community, after all. If you’re interested in submitting to Squills, pop on over to the Reader’s Corner to find out how you can get involved by contributing an article or participating in other Squills activities. You can also subscribe to the Squills Fan Club , or PM SquillsBot to receive a notification each time a new issue is published!

Well, that’s all I have for now. So, what are you waiting for? Enjoy!

See an empty position you'd like to fill? Find position descriptions and instructions to apply here .

Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:59 pm
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

FM INTERVIEW: PRINCESSINK
written by Lumi < PM: >

Welcome to a wholesome Featured Member interview, where I, your typewriter-wielding host, will dig deep into the cogs and gears of what makes our newest addition to the YWS Hall of Fame tick! This time, we're following @PrincessInk as she attempts to enter a quaint Denny's (not a sponsor.) At the table, I got to sit down with her and get a heart-to-heart!

PrincessInk: You successfully caught me at Denny's, so I'll be answering your questions!

Squills: So, PrincessInk, Knight Ink, Princess of the Green Room...you are the newest Featured Member! How does it feel to be recognized in front of all of YWS for your outstanding work (and love for Grand Slams?)

PI: The Knight inside of my hummingbird feathers is honored, but I’m the “Yay” kind of happy—and definitely surprised. You will be surprised if you woke up one morning, logged onto YWS while you still weren’t fully “fresh”, and discovered you were Featured Member. By the way, what are Grand Slams?

S: Grand Slams are these...well, they're basically miracle breakfasts that have...everything! Some folks don't like them with bacon but. Well, I really don't think the Grand Slam is quite the same without Bacon, but you are your own person and entitled to your thoughts and opinions...especially given your new title! But on-subject! Next on the questionnaire is Why Do You Think You Were Chosen For Featured Member, and do you prefer Mickey Mouse (not a sponsor) pancakes, or elaborately decorated waffles?

PI:I honestly have no idea (and about who is Bacon either). I suppose it’s because I review regularly, enough to be one of the Top Reviewers Weekly panel and am generally active. I’m joining a bunch of Storybooks as well. For the last question, I have mixed opinions. I like Mickey Mouse and pancakes; but if Mickey Mouse’s face is on a pancake, it’s a bit cruel to eat it...? I ever ate such fancy waffles (with ice cream) for a dessert once in a Chinese restaurant. I’ll choose elaborately decorated waffles after all then.

S: Oh, Princess. Mickey Mouse for days. My final question is something so many people across so many realms of the site will be wondering...and it's on your shoulders to be dead-serious about it: what advice do you have for those who one day hope to become Featured Member?

PI:Definitely reviewing—especially if it’s helpful—is important here! I’ve seen a few Featured Members here and they’ve all been reviewing a lot when they became Featured Member (such as @ GoldenQuill). And participating in a few Storybooks wouldn’t be a bad idea either. People will be more familiar with you! To sum up: be active, but there’s no need to be hyper. But don't forget the fancy waffles!

S: That is some solid advice, and I thank you graciously for the free breakfast! YWSers, I hope you take this to heart: if you want to be Featured Member, eat at Denny's, and don't forget the fancy waffles!

PrincessInk has done 17 reviews this month as of the writing of this article and participated well in the Storybook forum. So we wonder, YWSers: Could You be the next Featured Member?

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:00 pm
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

NAPOWRIMO INTERVIEW WITH NIKAYLA
written by Aley < PM: >

This week I spoke with the one, the only, @Nikayla or Kaos or Yams or Atsumi or … well, we won't go there. Yes, this is a member that has had a lot of usernames in a very short time here on YWS. As she has only been here a year, to have had five different usernames is quite the achievement! That being said, I sat down with Nikayla about her progress this year in NaPo.

She is one of the only people to have already finished NaPo's requirements of 30 poems in one month and is working towards a grand total of 60+ as she aims to receive all of the badges for this year. Here's our interview.

Squills: Hello Nikayla! I saw that you were taking names in NaPo and I wanted to know if you had a little time for an interview?

Nikayla: I'm free, go right ahead!

S: What is your motivation for writing so many poems this NaPo?

N: Before NaPo started I hadn't been writing that month and the whole month of NaPo for me has been quite experimental so far in that I'm able to write so much and I'm able to put a main focus on experimenting around in poetry, so I guess that's my motivation towards it.

S: What are some of the experimental things you have done with your poetry?

N: A lot more regarding specific structures such as Ghazals and Sestinas and I think even just over the course of NaPo so far, my writing's developed from since the month started

S: What are some of the areas you have focused on developing?

N: I've been trying to focus on developing and branching out from the point of view or perspective I write in, more poems with different themes and different styles played with throughout them and not just one certain tone or mood throughout the month.

S: What encouragement would you give someone trying to live up to you in NaPo?

N: My big piece of encouragement, at least if it's regarding the quantity of poems I've been putting out: Don't aspire to write a large amount of poems if that means your quality is going down due to it. I've felt moments of burnout from this and I don't think I'm the exact role model for how someone should approach NaPo. There are so many different ways to, even if it's just a casual activity! It's meant to be a self-challenge and it's meant to be fun for you!

S: Speaking of, how did you first get involved in NaPo?

N: I first got into NaPo, from, well, being a poet. Last year I got into it from hearing talk about it around and I decided to join but never officially finished it.

S: What is your goal now that you've already accomplished all 30 poems for NaPo?

N: My new goal is to get all of the badges for NaPo as well as trying to win April Madness , but I'm not very ambitious about the second one since there are so many great poets in the competition!

S: That is lofty, what are you doing to try to submit the best of the best to April Madness?

N: Editing. Editing. Editing. And being incredibly indecisive.

S: What plans do you have for the rest of NaPo as one of the Poetry crew on YWS?

N: Reading and catching up on NaPo threads as well as running jams and workshops! Even casual jams seem to get the creative juices going, and they're a lot of fun to host.

S: Thank you so much for your time! Do you have anything you think I should have asked but didn't?

N: Yeah, maybe 'Why are laser pointers so addicting?' would have been a good one.

S: That is a good one, and why Are laser pointers so addicting?

N: Dunno, Aleyhooper, that's one of the secrets of the universe that no one will ever know.

S: One last question, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a universe?

N: None, we're in the center of the universe, silly goose.

S: Thanks so much for your time and I'll see you around my fellow Squillian!

N: No problem, Aleyhooper!

Nikayla's forum is open for comments if you want to drop by and check out a bucolic meadow she would happily give you a tour! Most of her activity has come from running and participating in different Jams, which are pop up poetry events.

To give you an idea of what you would be experiencing, here's is a poem from Nikayla's thread.

Skyscrapers - Number Fifty-six

Could you imagine
being mounted upon
a skyscraper that menaces
over nocturnal creatures
roaming the asphalt streets
at this ungodly hour when
revenants come back to life
and when deities perish?

Could you imagine
being on the low ground,
the buildings lofty over your
trifling body as the rest
of the city sleeps, buried
underneath the roofs
that will someday be
nothing but rubble?

Nikayla's poetry usually deals with something ethereal or mundane and draws it towards a new understanding. In this one, it could be talking about the apocalypse, or just an abandoned city before a hurricane or when the night is old, but it engages the reader to consider what will become of it. In this way, Nikayla can make things engaging that usually wouldn't be, and it's a joy to read her work.

Keep it up Nikayla! It's not the 30th yet!

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:13 pm
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

POEMS, SHORTS, AND STORYBOOKS
written by OreosAreLife < PM: >

Poem , Shorts and Storybooks that's what's happening!
I'm gonna let y'all in on a little secret.... There are great poems, shorts, and storybooks out there by some pretty great writers. And here you shall find just a few! So go ahead and read. After you finish, you'll want to go check them out.

Poems:
Summertime Memories by Remembrance
This is a beautiful full of imagination. The detail really gives you a clear image as to what is happening as you read. The writer does a great job of bringing you in and keeping you there throughout the poem. The description is so vivid you can just see what the writer wrote as uou read! It is like you are actually there in the poem itself. Here are some lines to the amazing poem Summertime Memories.

young lovers of summer sing on the sleepless bed,

The sun kissing your bare legs,

A quick word from @Remembrance:

I was inspired by the white noises I use to help me sleep at night. Living on the beach for a year when I was little really had a effect on me. I also wanted to capture a summertime romance...something fun and new to me. I had just watched grease and was already in bed with the white noise going when I had the idea. The ocean has this calming effect on people and I wanted to try and capture that and summertime romances have to end at some point, mostly at the end of summer. And promises made then usually have no meaning. So I really wanted to capture the feeling of being completely in love only to have it end abruptly.

You by Mockingjay78 -
This poem has great emotion to it. It really tells how the writer is feeling and it makes you feel it to at points in it. The description and imagination are spot on like you can see it in your head. The format it is in also really goes with it. Like its clipped as if the author is talking and can't get the words out. Here are some lines from You.

I’m confused, I’m empty, a black void,

You are a ghost, a phantom,

A quick word from @Mockingjay78:

What inspired me to write You was a crush on a friend and I'm trying to ignore that crush.

Shorts:
Missing by AmeliaGryffin
Phenomenal is what this short is! It has amazing detail and keeps you in suspense the entire time. The writer does a marvelous job with the emotion and description all throughout the story. The plot was interesting and it stayed on one course It also did not jump from place to place or character to character. The ending makes the reader begging for more. It was awesome. Here are some parts to make you want to read all of it!

A stroke of pale orange light appeared, illuminating a small part of the room that I lay in.

I flinched, my stomach dropping with shock. My heart began to beat furiously once more. What was that? It sounded close, very close.

Here is a quick word from the @AmeliGryffin:

Hiya! I was actually inspired by a song I heard. It's called 'Missing' and it's by Evanescence. Unsurprisingly, that is where I got the idea for the title of my short. The song itself doesn't necessarily match the tone/style of my piece of writing, but it definitely inspired me. I don't often get inspired by music, but the song is so beautiful that I couldn't help writing something that links to it at least a little.
Thank you for choosing to write about my short!

Dead Inside by Nerrvany
This is one of them shorts that you can relate to on some level. It has the raw emotion of a that sucks you in and keeps you in the story as it unfolds. And there is a surprise that is just waiting for you in this story
Here is a little preview to get your curiosity spiking.

He sighed as he hauled his carcass to the kitchen, too tired to bother with anything more than a shuffle.

He saw their faces, smooth unbroken skin, shining eyes, smiling teeth

Storybooks:
The Eclipse Circle by KiraThePotatoChip
This sounds like an interesting and exciting storybook full of mischief and fun. Check just what it is about, who knows you might just end up liking it! Also the storybook is accepting!

Peace doesn't last forever. Keep that in mind, as the circus is always pursued by the men clad in white, assassins

"Welcome one, and all to the Eclipse Circus! My name is Sunder, Alexander Sunder to be precise, and I'll be in charge of you lot!

A word from the creator @KiraThePotatoChip:

Plenty of things inspired The Eclipse Circus, but there are some parallels to other stories. The main premise is actually based of Black Butler Book of Circus, which I had just finished recently before writing the story. As someone who was new to YWS and didn't like reviewing to put points into a story, I found storybooks to be pretty neat. The story just kind of grew from there, with influences from games, books, comics, and manga. I tried to develop the story to keep the main elements of horror and dark themes whilst straying from the actual stories inspiring me.While the story was influenced by various sources, I basically tried to make it my own, and The Eclipse Circus was the result, and I'm a fan of what I did, instead of loathing the work. If you have any other questions just shoot me a message.

Ashfall 2.0 by Craz -
In this thrilling storybook you have to survive after a volcanic explosion shakes everyone and everything. Test your character skills and your survivsl instincts. You can have as many characters as you can handle. This storybook is accepting people so come join now!

What has caused this horrendous disaster, you say? A supervolcano, more precisely the one under Yellowstone National Park (about thirty four by forty five miles large), has erupted and now roughly one-third of the U.S. of A is drenched in ash.

One minute, you are living out yet another day of your life. The next, your ears go deaf from the insatiable howling that assaults you from all directions, and as the earth seems to split around you, any glass nearby shattering, the ground under your feet shudders with vibrations strong enough to tear a home into pieces.

A word from the creator @Craz:

Actually, the storybook Ashfall is a direct interpretation from the book Ashfall by Mike Mullin. Most of the background is from the book, haha. I really liked that it was a different kind of the "end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it" scenario, which was based on science and findings and all of that mumbo-jumbo. It's always fun to explore what we would do to survive.

These are all for this week. But there is always next week! Who knows you just might get featured? Until then, keep writing and I hope to read more of your guys' work!

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:16 pm
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

STORYBOOK COVERAGE

written by Princess Ink < PM: >

The monthly Storybook poll hosted by @AstralHunter is asking you which genres of storybooks you want to join next month. So far, there are 47 votes. The most popular choice is the beloved Fantasy with 26%, while Adventure and Sci-Fi are vying for second place with 15%.

On to the storybooks:

A New Unpopulated Storybook

-Land of Darkness by @Remembrance

The child of the Queen of the Fae and the leader of the humans was one day stolen from his/her bed. The goal here: to journey through the Land of Darkness to get back the child safely. However, the Land of Darkness is very perilous and the political situation is quite fragile. One wrong move could lead to war. It's quite promising, so be sure to try checking it out!

New Popular Storybooks

-The Time Games by @Sheyren

Leonardo da Vinci has created a time machine. Because of his success, he is hosting a contest in 2017 and inviting highly intelligent and renowned figures from the past. How will they compete in the games and experience the modern world?

-The Sky of the Aether by @Feltrix

This showcases the corruption and corporations vying for power in the city Kryn of Archora. Sky pirates can choose to take sides as well. Magic is channeled through the element Aether. It’s already quite populated with eager participants!

A Closed Storybook:

-Pokebook VI: World Tour by @Lumi

This SB is about a World Tournament among Pokemon lovers, set in Kyoto, Japan. A group of them have met online and this is the first time they will meet! One quirky rule: there must be plenty of food here, because it’s a Pokebook!

A Sneak Peek into Roleplay Realm

-The Stranded Hotel by @Mage

The setting of the roleplay is inside quaint hotel that is rumored to be haunted. One Friday, a storm completely separates it from the entire world, and till Monday rolls along, nobody in the hotel can find a way out. And perhaps the ghosts are waking up because of the storm…It’s a definitely fascinating roleplay so try taking a look at it!

If you’re interested in any of the accepting Storybooks or the roleplay here, take a look at the Storybooks area—I’m quite sure you’ll find something that suits you. Happy Storybooking!

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:17 pm
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

THE WORD OF THE WEEK: Promulgate
written by megsug < PM: >
Pronunciation: prom-muhl-geyt

Part of Language: Verb

Definition: to make known formally; to set forth publicly

Used in a Sentence: They refuse to promulgate their plans of world domination though they insist it is a serious endeavor.

Origin: Promulgate comes from the Latin promulgatus though an archaic synonym was promulge.

Related words: promulgation, promulgator, nonpromulgation (n.); repromulgate, repromulgated, repromulgating (v.); repromulgation (n.)

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:17 pm
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

Poetry Popper: Night Sky With Exit Wounds
written by Nikayla < PM: >

Hello everyone and welcome to a Poetry Popper! Since poetry can be sometimes hard to find, especially in anthologies, I'll be giving a recommendation, as well as explaining why you should all read it, or at least check it out.

Background

This week we're going to be covering Night Sky With Exit Wounds, a poetry anthology by Ocean Vuong. The book is a winner of the Whitling Award for exceptional writing and came out only last year.

Ocean Vuong is a 28 year old poet born in Saigon and is known for his themes of loss, desire, and other ideas and concepts similar. Another reoccuring aspect of his life that plays into the book is his heritage, being Vietnamese-American. Other books of his are Burnings and No released in 2011 and 2013 respectively.

Giving you a fair warning, though, this is not appropriate for all ages and can get quite mature with aspects of certain poems having sexual themes or violence, so pick it up knowing that I warned you so you aren't caught off-guard if by chance you do decide to pick the book up!

Poems By: Ocean Vuong

Aubade with Burning City
Telemachus
Someday I'll Love Ocean Vuong
Homewrecker
Trojan

The poem I'd like to introduce to you, though, is Telemachus, the second poem in the book Night Sky with Exit Wounds since I think it gives the reader a good taste of his writing style.

Telemachus

Like any good son, I pull my father out
of the water, drag him by his hair

through sand, his knuckles carving a trail
the waves rush in to erase. Because the city

beyond the shore is no longer
where he left it. Because the bombed

cathedral is now a cathedral of trees.
I kneel beside him to see how far

I might sink. Do you know who I am,
ba?
But the answer never comes. The answer

is the bullet hole in his back, brimming
with seawater. He is so still I think

he could be anyone’s father, found
the way a green bottle might appear

at a boy’s feet containing a year
he has never touched. I touch

his ears. No use. The neck’s
bruising. I turn him over. To face

it. The cathedral in his sea-black eyes.
The face not mine but one I will wear

to kiss all my lovers goodnight:
the way I seal my father’s lips

with my own and begin
the faithful work of drowning

Conclusion

I picked this anthology for it's beautiful imagery and the ache it leaves after reading it. I recommend it if you think you can handle the maturity and if you're in for a read that will leave you broken by the end of it. If you want to check out more of Ocean Vuong, here are some more of his poems if you wish to research more before buying the book!

Until next time!

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:18 pm
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

TWO CENTS: EDITING NOVELS
written by Aley < PM: >

I don't share this on YWS very frequently, but I'm actually working on a novel series with my mother and we're publishing it on Kindle after having it published for a while on Fiction Press. As it stands now we're editing Book 4, and we're getting to the point of editing where we basically rip apart the beginning of the book and re-write it, so I thought I'd talk about why.

The first draft of books leads you towards an awkward need for brevity, but also a need to explain, to put in all of the facts, and often that becomes something passive, something where the characters aren't doing anything as you're working through the past that you know so well with them, especially in a multi-book series. In this case, descriptions are one of the worst culprits.

Take a few seconds, open up a pad, and describe your favorite main character as they would appear in the beginning of a book. Let's say you want to open the book with a chase scene.

Kane ran quickly down the ally, shooting a glance over her shoulder for just a moment to see the bulky, angry man running at her, full tilt. He had huge muscular arms, thick legs, and the torso that represented a rhino if it were a human, in short, he was thick. Meanwhile Kane was just a lanky, but tall girl with long fiery red hair, and bright amber eyes. She had two fox ears tipped with black, and a long fox tail that swished beneath her long trench coat as she ran helping her balance as she turned sharply around corners.

Naturally this is somewhat necessary to set up the scene at the beginning of a book. We need to know what we're looking at, but it can be done in a much more active manner, and that's one of the first things I like to edit in novels.

Kane ran quickly down the ally, shooting a glance over her shoulder for just a moment to see the bulky, angry man running at her, full tilt. She banked around a corner whisking her long red fox's tail to keep her balance, sending her coat flying as it flicked off her tail. She felt the bulky hand of her rhino-like chaser brush her long red hair as her ponytail swished behind her.

If you change descriptions from passive to active like this, you get a better result with the momentum of the scene, and your descriptions matter to what is going on rather than just being there to show what things look like. You can even do this with a room or scenery by having people bump into things, avoid different pieces of furniture, or novicely run into them. It adds flavor to the story, and description, but it also adds character to your people as you make them do normal people things like stub their toes, or touch surfaces.

No matter whether you're describing a storm or a stairway, active is better!

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:20 pm
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

This Week’s Link Round Up 4/16
written by megsug < PM: >

Introducing a new section of the forums on This Week’s Round Up

@Castor started a conversation about Beauty Queens, introducing it as they were introduced to it:

…It’s like Lord of the Flies, only with pageant queens.

Described as a feminist book with lots of laughs, it’s definitely added to my Goodreads list!

NaPo is in full swing, and the poets are writing away. @Sonder has written some great poems even though she says she’s pretty rusty. One I think is particularly beautiful is number eight:

The sand you slept on was white and
soft, and you loved it. You dreamt that
the grains beneath your shoulder blades
would gather into wings of shell and
fin, that you would be transformed into
a creature most fearsome and most
beautiful, and all would stare and say,
“here is the one who deserves all
good things, the one who sleeps on
white sands.”

Her other poems have the same wistful tone a deliberate word choice. Check out her thread today!

@ReisePiecey wants to start the dreaded conversation. That’s right. She wants to talk about our past works. However, sometimes reflection on where you’ve come from is a good thing. As ReisePiecey says:

Welcome to a safe place where we can all revisit our dark literary pasts and see how much we've grow

This even has its own hashtag: #writeitagain , so share your origin story with the world (or at least all of YWS).

There’s a new forum called YWS Trading Post. It’s exactly what it sounds like. If you need points, open a thread exchanging wall posts, book recommendations, or storybook posts. If you have points to burn, see what people are offering! @Rydia offers flexible guidelines:

1 novel review = 5000 points
1 art commission = 300 points
1 literary work commission = 300 points
1 chapter/ poetry review = 200 points
1 storybook post = 100 points
1 book recommendation = 10 points
1 wall post = 10 points
1 new follower = 10 points

You’ll want to read Rules and Regulations and How to Make a Listing before you dive into bartering.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:21 pm
SquillsBot says...

SHAMELESS PLUGS

written by SquillsBot < PM: >

We love to run articles and questions, but we also love to advertise for you. Let people know about your new blog, a poem or story you’re looking for reviews on, or a forum thread you’d like more traffic on through Squills’ Shameless Plugs. PM @SquillsBot with the exact formatting of your advertisement, contained in the following code.

Code: Select all
Place advertisement here. Make sure you include a title!

There were no Shameless Plugs this week. Send us yours.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:22 pm
SquillsBot says...

SUBSCRIBERS

written by SquillsBot < PM: >

Find enspoiler-ed a list of our subscribers!

Spoiler! :
@SquillsBot@Carina@ShadowVyper@ArcticMonkey@Hannah@KingLucifer@Caesar@veeren@megsug@StoneHeart@Skydreamer@Love@Aley@Rydia@Alpha@skorlir@KnightTeen • @ChildOfNowhere • @neko@Aquila90@DudeMcGuy@kayfortnight@Cole@Blackwood@manisha • @fortis • @Gardevite@cgirl1118@KittyCatMeow • @Strange • @ChocoCookie@carbonCore@Auxiira@Iggy@Blues@Paracosm@Sparkle@FireFox@Dakushau • @AlexSushiDog • @wizkid515@yubbies21@PiesAreSquared@FatCowsSis • @Noiralicious • @BenFranks@TimmyJake@whitewolfpuppy@WallFlower@Magenta@BrittanyNicole@GoldFlame@Messenger@ThereseCricket@TriSARAHtops • @Buggiedude2340• @Kosmos • @WillowPaw1@Laure@TakeThatYouFiend • @RoseAndThorn • @Cheetah@NicoleBri@Pompadour@Zontafer@QueenOfWords@Crimsona@vluvswriting@GreenTulip@Audy@EllaBliss@eldEr@Deanie@lostthought@CesareBorgia • @Jhinx • @Morrigan@AfterTheStorm • @AstralHunter • @Autumns • @Wolfical • @Pamplemousse • @ReisePiecey • @gia2505 • @BiscuitsBatchAvoy • @SkyeWalker@Noelle • @Lylas • @Tortwag • @kingofeli@SpiritedWolfe@malachitear@GeeLyria@AdmiralKat@Clickduncake@ely@Seraphinaxx@Pretzelstick@WritingWolf@EternalRain@Tuesday@Dragongirl@JKHatt@Lucia@donizback •@Falconer • @BlueSunset@artybirdy@IncohesiveScribbles@cleverclogs@MLanders@ClackFlip@PickledChrissy@racket@Lorelie@Gravity • @BlueAfrica • @hermione315@Steggy@willachilles@tintomara138@AmatuerWritings • @Ithaca • @TheForgottenKing@Shoneja123 • @Mage • @Mea@klennon14@fandomsNmusic@Meerkat@HolographicLadybug@Sevro@DragonWriter22@RippleGylf@amelie@Morrigun@Megrim • outvaders • @StormCycle • @pkidchick • Stormcloud • @OreosAreLife • @SarukaTheHuman

Do you, too, want to be enspoiler-ed and receive a personal weekly notification when the Squills newsletter is posted? Shoot a PM over to SquillsBot to let him know, and you'll be pinged along with the next issue!

Find wonder in the everyday, find everyday language to articulate it.
— Maurice Manning