Reviews: 0
Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:59 am
View Likes
SquillsBot says...

THIS WEEK'S ROUNDUP – 6/1
written by megsug < PM: >

These links are APPS-olutely fabulous!
Okay, that was terrible. . Don’t judge.

Yes, that’s correct. We now sorta kinda have an YWS app. Though it’s technically through the TapaTalk app, it gets the job done. @AriaAdams gives her seal of approval.

Clicking on someone's message, it allows me to quote it, edit, report… see in web version (which opens within the app, but functions just as desktop YWS does) and multi quote (might be my personal favourite, it'd come in handy so many times).

Click the link and find out how to get the YWS on your portable devices today!

Transhumanism is a term from the movie Galactica that describes the process of changing the genes of a baby to a more favorable outcome. So far, there has been a nearly equal representation of both. Some think transhumanism is inevitable, and others think it needs to be avoided at all cost. @DudeMcGuy gives his two cents:

Eh, I don't think "playing God" is as big an issue with transhumanism as people make it out to be. Advancements in medical technology allow us to "Play God" all the time. 

Do you agree?

@niteowl has a few suggestions for apps that poetry peeps must have. These range from reading poems to writing poems, but this one is probably my favorite:

This is a "refrigerator magnet poetry" style app. Basically, you get so many words on your screen and in a "word drawer" and you play around to make something interesting.

Check out these apps now!

There are a lot of people who agree that Twilight is terrible, but not so many people who talk about why. Many can’t get past Stephanie Meyers’ seeming lack of writing fundamentals. Others can’t stand her characterization. @Lumi has an interesting point though:

I think the Twihard hate was/is a bandwagon that just got out of control. And it probably didn't help that the co-star of the movie series hates it more than anyone in the anti-fandom.

He also included an interesting link. Why do you hate Twilight? Or… Defend Twilight if you love it!

View Likes
SquillsBot says...

SHAMELESS PLUGS

written by SquillsBot  < PM:  >

We love to run articles and questions, but we also love to advertise for you. Let people know about your new blog, a poem or story you’re looking for reviews on, or a forum thread you’d like more traffic on through Squills’ Shameless Plugs. PM @SquillsBot with the exact formatting of your advertisement, contained in the following code.

Code: Select all
Place advertisement here. Make sure you include a title!

And now for this week's Shameless Plugs!

Reviews By WillowPaw1

Want a Review? Feel free to request one in my topic: Come here for Reviews! 

That's all folks~ Now send us yours.

View Likes
SquillsBot says...

SUBSCRIBERS

written by SquillsBot  < PM:  >

Find enspoiler-ed a list of our subscribers! 

Spoiler! :
@SquillsBot@Carina@ShadowVyper@ArcticMonkey@Hannah • @Avalon • @Judas • @VeerenVKS • @megsug • @BlackNether12 • @thewritersdream • @Lapis • @Aley@Rydia@Alpha@skorlir@KnightTeen • @AriaAdams • @neko@Aquila90@DudeMcGuy@kayfortnight@Cole@Blackwood@manisha • @fortis • @HighTop • @cgirl1118@KittyCatMeow • @Strange • @ChocoCookie@carbonCore@Auxiira@Iggy@Blues@Paracosm@Sparkle@FireFox@Dakushau • @AlexSushiDog • @wizkid515@yubbies21@PiesAreSquared@FatCowsSis@CelticaNoir@BenFranks@TimmyJake@whitewolfpuppy@WallFlower@Magenta@BrittanyNicole@GoldFlame@Messenger@ThereseCricket@TriSARAHtops • @buggiedude2340• @ravenmoonstone • @WillowPaw1@Laure@TakeThatYouFiend  • @dragonlily@Cheetah • @pandabear7 • @Pompadour@Zontafer • @gaurav009 • @QueenOfWords@Crimsona • @ddman18 • @vluvswriting • @shoaib • @GreenTulip@Audy@EllaBliss@Isha@Deanie@lostthought

Do you, too, want to be enspoiler-ed and receive a personal weekly notification when the Squills newsletter is posted? Shoot a PM over to SquillsBot to let him know, and you'll be pinged along with the next issue!

Look, a good poem is a poem that exists. Any poem you write is better than the poem you don't.
— WeepingWisteria