I Dont Talk To Dead Men...Real Novel in progress

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:01 am
mhlectar123 says...

06 - 17 – 0001
DAY: 351

(This is Chapter One)

The smell is something you can’t get rid of no matter how much you try to hold your breath, the hot summer air and desert dry temperatures would make you vomit. Even at night the smell of death hung in the atmosphere, that strong smell of bloated coagulated blood and busted organs that spewed out of the bodies and onto the concrete sidewalks and black buckled roads. The night was black but the aqua glow form the moon gave me light as it cascaded down on the ground and coursed over the apocalyptic landscape. The trees along side of the streets where burned black and naked, I looked over to right and saw a yellow Honda Accord smashed into a tree that sat in a yard, the front end was scattered along the grass and the drives upper half of its body was smashed into the tree. The drivers face was dry and distorted, it looked as if parts of its flesh where ripped off from the small animals, its jaw was hanging from its face and its teeth were missing. I looked away then cocked my gun and slipped on the silencer as I walked through the residential street I stayed ducked down behind each car, the only sound I could hear was from my jeans shuffling with each step I took. The bottom of my Timberlands had a thin layer of carpet I cut out from an old empty home while looking for supplies. I hunched behind a Nissan Quest and stopped for a moment and listened to the stillness in the air I reached into my tan satchel that sat on my right side and pulled out a black bandana and cotton balls. I ripped off chunk cotton and shoved both pieces in my nose then wrapped the bandanna around my face.
I whistled in a bird like toon then waited for a moment then did it again. A second went by then I heard a bird whistle back to me. I got up from my crouched position and stepped over a small corpse’s body that was wrapped in a tattered dress with dimmed yellow flowers. I could feel the sweat dripping down from my face and burning into my eyes but refused to wipe it away, once your attention was taken away you became weak and venerable. I took a step and slide next to a dark colored BMW, the second I turned my head I saw a face looking at me through the window; its eyes where filled with maggots that crawled through the females skin. Her hair was thin and string like and from what I could see through the open sun roof where flies by the hundreds crawling on the glass, I reached into my bag and pulled out a small flash light so that I could peer into the car.

“Oh damn, they got supplies in there,” I said in a lower whisper. I held in my breath and pulled on the door handle but the car was locked. I let out two small bird like whistles then stood up and shot the window out with three bullets, the glass echoed as it hit the ground with a loud clatter. The flies began to swarm from out of the window; I reached into the car carefully as to not cut myself on the glass. Sitting on the back seat was a small black duffle bag, I grabbed it and pulled it through the window slowly and sat it down as gently as I could and unzipped it. Inside was a silver roll of duct tape, two bottles of water, candy and a small hand held pistol. I examined the pistol and found a small box of ammunition in an inside pouch pocket, I grabbed the duct tape and looked around for a moment then back down to what I was doing. With the duct tape in hand I sat my small flashlight onto the guns shaft and wrapped the tape around it tightly then shook the gun to make sure the flashlight didn’t budge. I whistled three times and kept moving on.

As I shinned the flashlight around their faces lit up; eye sockets were filled with maggots as the little white worms drooled from mouths and poked through skin. Sometimes they seemed to stare at me at times, the children where the hardest to look at. The streets were empty with other life; the cars were inside of homes, torched, flipped, smashed together or just sitting there. Most of the homes were burned down to their foundation or had gaping holes in them. The night was so quiet. I kept walking; from what I could see there was a plane a mile or so away from me, it rear end stuck up into the air in front of the blue glow of the moon like a tower. As I walked up behind a rear ended SUV I peeked over the hood and saw the tip of the plane’s wing four cars away from where I was standing, the ground had been spilt apart from the impact of the wing, probably from the plane’s wing crashing into the ground as it came down.

There was a loud whistle from three cars ahead of me, I looked up through the window of the car and saw two figures walking out of the clumps of naked trees. One was a male and the other was female, the male wore a tattered tan suit with a missing right sleeve, his pants where loos and almost torn off. The female wore a black shirt with ripped blue jeans, the shirt had been torn exposing her right decayed breast, her hair was thin and hung over her face. As the female walked she dragged her left leg that looked like it had been snapped from some type of accident. I reached into my pocket and slipped out a small black walky talky and whispered into it.

“Everyone under the cars, save your bullets there maybe more.” I slid my satchel under the SUV and forced myself underneath the chasse, my body was very thin but it was still difficult due to the ruptured shocks that caused the SUV to lay on its rear tire. I flicked off my flashlight and looked around as the sound of dragging feet whispered and got closer.

“Zach checking in,” I whispered into the talky.

“Becky checking in, Gary checking in, Rosemary checking in. Walky off.” I flicked off my talky and slipped it into my satchel. I looked to my left and saw a black shoe step next to me then another foot dragging behind it, the A.D. Stalker seemed to growl to itself as it looked around and stopped at the rear bumper of the SUV, I could its feet shift as it turned to the SUV. The male was somewhere in the distance, I could see his feet shifting along the ground four cars down. I stood as still as I could as I saw the Stalker step closer, her disgusting leg had dry flesh dangling from her calf, it looked as if someone had taken a Buck knife and slashed into her meat. The female began to growl louder, I could see her knees starting to bend and her hand coming into view. The male started to widely scream, then the sound of Becky’s voice echoed, the landscape flashed three times and the males scream stopped. It flashed once more and I watched as the female Stalker crashed to the ground with half of her head blown off. Her thick gelatin brain matter dripped down her face and her dry raisin eyes stared at me.

“Get to safety!” I heard Gary yell out as loud shrilling screams surrounded the area, as I slid out from the SUV with my satchel in hand I prayed that there wasn’t a hoard of A.D. Stalkers, I only had twenty bullets left.

I DO HAVE COPYRIGHTS TO MY WORK SO PLEASE DONT TRY ANYTHING, SOMEONE TRIED TO TAKE MY WORK AND I SUED THEM AND WON. THANKS.

Be steadfast as a tower that doth not bend its stately summit to the tempest’s shock.
— Dante Alighieri