z

Young Writers Society

Audrey Hepburn Kills Zombies Without Ruining Her Hair- pt 1

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:34 pm
MasterGrieves says...

She woke up to survey the wreckage. All burnt to a crisp, the area where trees once stood is now where the brown leaves flourish. Where the buildings full of populated civil servants were, has been transformed into a hot spot for mindless cannibalism, and a barbaric wasteland. Her gloves were still firmly on her hand. Her beehive style hair, her wondrous eyes- like a deer stuck in the headlights, and enjoying it. Her glasses had a fur design on it like a cat's, and a thin black dress covered her body in a velvety manner.

She was floating like a feather in an absence. The coma didn't do her good. It didn't do the fashion industry any good either. Her smile was the selling point; her over-sized cigarette still rests between her fingers, like a femme fatale through and through. Her life was full of memory of sheer celebration. She promised us great films but became a fashion icon on top of her success. Her multi-thousand pound bag gives her mystique away to holy eyes.

Beside her was a nurse, still and motionless. Her eyes didn't even dare to move, like a lion reluctantly waiting to pounce on prey. The nurse wore a standard attire for a nurse, yet she had neither cap nor a sense of reality. Her eyes were still not flickering.

The recently awakened woman looked at the window to see nothing had changed. She was still cautious with her steps, and she had no knowledge of how she got there in the first place. All she remembered were the shots, the camera, and the paranoid director. Her co-actor's tantrums, as well as endless retakes, dominated her brain when it was last active. Shooting had finished and she went upstairs for a nap. She never woke up until now.

The survivor, as glamorous as she may look, couldn't believe her eyes. The city district was shut off, and the thick colour of smoke covered the once standing trees. She took one final gaze outside, until she sarcastically said these words:

"This is what happens when I leave Hollywood for two seconds."
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

Reviews: 1
Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:51 pm
CStar says...

This is just awesome! It;'s so descriptive i can easily picture it. i knew who you were talking about without reading the title! You are just indescribable!
Nice job can't wait to read more!
Coraggio di essere piü forte

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:01 pm
emoticon220 says...

You're right. I like it. Audrey Hepburn and Zombies. Lovely.
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:04 am
Snoink says...

Haha... yeeeeah. XD

The only thing that kind of bugs me is the "two seconds" line because obviously you don't take a nap for two seconds and she went to take a nap. But still, it's such a nit-picky thing to mention. :P

Also! There was no actual killing of zombies yet! So, this must happen next.

I hope you write more! :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

The important thing is never to stop questioning.
— Albert Einstein