z

Young Writers Society

Roman Beginning's Chapter 2

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:32 pm
KingLucifer says...

I walked back to the house seeing the wolves guarding the door, I sheathed my short gold sword feeling the two at my sides I felt strong I quickly realized I was bleeding on my right arm somehow the cyclops had cut me open and my shirt the sleeve was torn open with a large cut on my arm. I wondered how he had no weapons with im so that was impossible, and it looked like no wound a wolf could cause. I snuffed it off pretending it wasn’t there and walked towards the wolf crowd.

“Well done Luis, you have pass your first test.” Lupa said.

“The test was easy Lupa, the cyclops was all brawn and no brain.” I said dusting myself off from my fall.

“It seemed like you were struggling during it tho.” Lupa said.

I grunted to myself, I was hoping she wouldn’t see that.

“Let’s just say I’m not used to fighting with blades, It was just I need to get used to using them again.” I lied.

“Well then with that said let’s go inside, you’ve earned your rest.” Lupa said.

I followed Lupa the more I was with the wolf the more I trusted her, but I knew she wouldn’t hesitate to kill me in the case I showed fear. I wouldn’t be easy to scare but I did have my breaking point, she lead me up stairs to the left into a bedroom it was a master bedroom there was no carpet or beds no drabs but there was a single night stand to the right side. Lupa walked over to it and there appeared a bag with fruit and a silver canteen over a what seemed to be a fresh set of cloths and a stand with a set of armor on it.

“I suppose this is for me right?” I said.

“That is correct.” Lupa said staring off towards the door.

“Put on the armor first then the cloths.” She said.

The armor stands consisted of a bronze cheat plat, with leggings, and greaves, don’t ask me how I even knew that but I did I knew how each strap was suppose to be. It was weird in a way but it felt natural to wear each one. Almost as if I been wearing them for years on end. And then came the final part a long white edged dagger it was small, smaller than my golden short sword.

“Do you know who you are now?” Lupa asked.

“No.” I said.

“You are a roman demigod, half mortal half god. Born of a major god of Olympus you serve your godly parent to his or her will.” She said.

“Why don’t I find that hard to believe?” I said.

“Some demigods take it better than others, your one of few demigods who have been attacked by monster’s and survived.”

“Thanks to my brother and mother.” I said.

“Ah yes, your mother showed you emotion of how to be mortal while your brother taught you how to fight like a god since he had trained under your father.” She said.

I had grown tired of hearing about my father and his accomplishments, he was such a great this and such a great that, I was growing annoyed by the minute. I wanted to go home now, but something kept me wondering.

“Who is my father?” I said.

It was quite for a minute I listened to the wolves howling in the distance, and the house itself was completely silent. It felt like I hit a sensitive spot, I placed my hand on my bronze black sword there was something wrong I felt a fight coming, That’s when an arrow had cracked the window it hung there as a message.

“We must get moving we are no longer safe here.” She said getting up with a slight growl in her voice.

I felt it to something big coming in the dozens was headed our way, they were no more than 10 miles away, again don’t ask how I knew that. I put on my cloths over my armor and equipped my swords at my waist again. I strapped on the dagger to my pants and the bag of fruit with the canteen in my jacket. I left the helmet behind feeling no need for it, and Lupa bolted out the door a I did the final strap, I quickly to follow behind.

We were outside in the blink of an eye, we saw arrows flying everywhere it was a war except for the fact there was no one fighting back against the rain of arrows I saw a dreaded sight of a wolf impaled though the neck on the ground, I over heard Lupa.

“You will be remembered my friend.” She said.

She gave out a howl to the rest of the pack probably signaling a retreat, since fighting an invisible enemy was not the smartest of idea’s I heard voices coming from the way the arrows were coming. They were whoops and hurrays probably an invasion force to clear out whatever the arrows couldn’t get to which would be the inside of the manor.

“We must leave.” Lupa said.

“We gone!” I said.

We headed towards the forest where most of the wolves who survived the rain of arrow were headed, I was able to keep up with Lupa without having to stop I was sprinting faster and harder than I ever could. It was hard to tell where all the energy was from, I didn’t care we were on the retreat I felt I should go back but I would be killed quickly.

“How far we running?” I yelled to Lupa.

“Were headed for the next state, second test begins now survive and find your companions to travel with.” She said.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

What's stopping you?
— David Mamet