z

Young Writers Society

Roman Beginning's (Edited) Seg: One; Chapter One

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:26 pm
KingLucifer says...

I sat atop a cabin over looking a lake out in a forest, I began to think to myself the events that led up to me being where I was. Nearly a thousand miles away from home, no parents around to guide me, my friends were only a few miles away. Ever since the wolves came for me and waking up in the house surrounded by wolves, I shown no fear to them even if they had been growling at them the whole time. I was a tall guy no more than 5'5 I had sweats on with a crimson shirt with a design on it. My black straight hair was somewhat of a mess from sleeping on the ground. I drew my sword’s in preparation for battle then I heard the voice.

“Good, you are calm in the face of danger Luis” the voice said.

“I have faced the numbers game many times before at school, what makes you certain I will fear it now.” I questioned.

“If you are to show fear anytime now and until you complete your training my wolves will not hesitate to kill you.” The voice said.

A single wolf came out from the ranks and in a grayish black wolf sat before me. The wolf’s stare vigilant and demanding of respect. But I smiled at what she had said.

“Am I the only one who doesn’t fear death? trust me wolf if you are to attack me I shall do my damnest to destroy your pack.” I said sternly.

“Empty threat’s is all you can make against me for I am Lupa! The wolf who gave shelter to Romulus and Remus.” She said.

I held my swords in my hands in my right hand a short almost dagger like sword with a leather hilt and a a golden blade, in my left a long sword its hilt was black with its hand guard the blade itself is a bronze like black. I held the two swords at my sides remembering the feel of using both at once, it had been such a long time since I had held both at once.

“Bring it on Lupa I am ready for battle.” I said.

“Your fight is not with me young one your first test is right outside.” she said walking towards the door of the house.

For once I noticed it was dark here but it was bright enough to tell I was in a huge mantion and we were only in the flour of the place, I follow Lupa outside and noticed a tall man standing outside his shirt was tattered and ripped and so was his jeans he must have been homeless or something.

“You see that man over there?” Lupa said.

I nodded keeping quite something was not quite right about this guy.

“He is a cyclops one that roams the streets eating other cyclopes children and hurting and killing other demigods.” She said.

The moment she had said “demigod” my blood began to boil.

“Are you ready for combat?” Lupa said.

I nodded and I opened the door and walked outside, it was warm outside with a small town that seemed deserted. I noticed wolves were fighting the big guy must have been about five or six wolves all attacking at once, they backed off from the cyclops as I approached.

“Where is that coward goddess Lupa at! I demand a battle with her!” He bellowed.

I instinctively drew my small golden sword to my side and waited for the monster to attack.

“I have deemed you unworthy of challenging me to battle, instead you face my champion.” Lupa said.

“Coward goddess! Fight your own battles!” The cyclops bellowed.

As I drew closer I noticed changes in the cyclops he was taller than I first made him out to be and he had no shirt on and only a loincloth to hide his other parts I also noticed scars on his back. He looked somewhat like a caveman if it wasn’t for his big white eye and his grayish skin.

“So now I must face a shrimp demigod GWHAHAHA Lupa you have sealed your fate.” The cyclops said.

“Trust me, one eye I much more dangerous than you see.” I said.

His hands swatted me aside like a fly I landed on the grass hands first, my vision blurred from pain of the swat he gave but shock it off. I got back up and charged after him I saw his hand coming back from the left I ducked and stabbed at his stomach I I barely pierced it before his hand grabbed me and threw me away from him.

“You are more dangerous than you look, it has been a long time since I faced a hero I have grown rusty at fighting since the great war.” The cyclops said.

I lstabbed my blades into the ground to stop my fall landing on my feet I pulled out and put the black bronze blade away and charged back in with the golden blade in hand, just as I had gotten up to him out of the corner of my eye I saw an axe swinging my way I leaped up in the air and stabbed downwards the axe just barely missing me and me lossing my grip on my blade.

He picked me up by my shirt and threw me away again this time with my golden blade.

“Very good it makes me wonder who you’re the child of? Jupiter? Maybe Minerva? It doesn’t matter for all in the end your death is here.” The cyclops said pulling my sword from his shoulder.

I stayed quite it did not know if it was due to the intense stress I was putting on it or he hit a sore spot. It wouldn’t matter much to me, I was determined to kill this beast. I drew my black blade and charged in once more the blades met each other as we swung wildly at each other; each time our blades meeting time and again I wouldn’t allow defeat so easily my body shock from each blow with the cyclops.

He was pushing me back to a medium size bridge that spanned a river to the mansion, I could see his swings starting to slow down more and more. He was getting tired I was sure of it. As he swung one more time it was going to slow, I took a step forward and thrust my blade towards his stomach. But his free hand caught it and took it away from me, I was thrown back my grip on my sword lost.

He dropped my short sword to the ground, I had one chance to retreve it and I had to work quick. I charged forward free handed, he came down with my sword in a downward swing, Jumped back and ran around picking up my short sword and sticking it in his knee cap. He got down on one knee with a mighty roar. I pulled my short sword free and moved out of the way, I pulled my black sword free from his hand as he recovered from his injury. I leaped back and waited for the cyclops to recover.

“Your... a mightier opponent.... than I thought...” He said panting.

“I’m threw playing around!” I yelled at the top of my lungs.

Almost as if I had no control I ran forward both swords drawn as I got close to him he raised his hands into the air and thrust downwards I leaped and my feet landed on his hand. He didn’t stop tho, his hand did a 240-degree angle, I used the left over energy to launch myself into the air above him. I repositioned my blades so they point downwards as I began to go down.

My blades landed straight threw his chest right at the heart gravity and the force o f the fall pulled me downward carving a huge scar into his chest and stomach, I pulled the blades out as they hit the bottom and flipped off backwards landing on my feet. He began to disappear into a cloud of dark smoke, and his final words I would never forget.

“The blessing.... of... Mars...”
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold