z

Young Writers Society

Cadet Challenge Chapter Four: A betrayal and a choice.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:22 am
KingLucifer says...

“Player eliminated.” The mechanical voice called out.

“Squad leader eliminated.”

“Game Over.”

“Winner Player One.”

It was over before I knew it, I had nearly keeled over with knowing I had lost. But instead I won, how? I wondered it took James a second to realized that he had lost he turned and saw no other than Amanda. I became relived that Amanda’s selfishness came in handy if it was the only person she be the one to strip me of rank.

“Amanda, why?” Isaiah said.

“That’s my friends rank you endangered there if anyone’s going to strip him of it, its me.” she said.

I gotten up halfway before Amanda offered me a hand I took it in friendship.

“Game over James.” I said dusting myself off.

“Son of a bitch you HAD to ruin it for me didn’t you Amanda?” He said.

“Yep like I said if anyone is going to strip Andrew of rank its me and me alone.” she said slinging the shotgun onto her shoulder.

I was filled with joy that my relationship with Amanda had come though and that I had her loyalty as a friend and as a cadet. We all began to walk back to the stairs picking up Robert of course. We had to do a lot of explaining first, he didn’t look to happy for what Amanda did. But none the less I had won. Moments later we were back in the drill hall we had explained what had happen somehow keeping Amanda’s betrayal a secret, the class had come back up from a lower floor of the hall two formations were made into one a sopmore and freshman classes. The three Sergeant first classes walking around the huge formation with the help of higher cadets, among them were Command Sergeant Major Valdez and Lieutenant Colonel Aranda. Both commanding officials in the regiment I stood up front to receive my rank.

“For playing admirably in the Laser Tag Depro game and having high account of grades, by order of Corp of Cadets, Staff Sergeant Stoddard is here by promoted to Master Sergeant and Platoon sergeant of Foxtrot Company.” Lieutenant Colonel Wargo said as he stood before me.

as I stood in the position of attention I was handed my new rank and brass, we saluted each other I did an aboutface and met the eyes on me, the bell sounded and I took my leadership of my new position.

“Platoon attention!” I said.

“Present Arms!”

“Order Arms!”

“LET 2 formation Dismissed”

The power felt good, that was the base line, I had earned my position and would not have had it if it weren’t for Amanda. I owed her on this, I just wish that her helping me won’t come back to haunt me.

“Mr.Stoddard over here.” I heard.

It was Sergeant Molina, Sergeant Molina was shorter than Lieutenant Colonel Wargo he has little more hair than him but otherwise he had everything LTC Wargo had glasses and wrinkles same attire.

“As you know Mr. Stoddard a newly promoted Master Sergeant must form a new squad in the regiment.” He said.

“Yea I know if I known I would be promoted to Master Sergeant I would have given this some thought over.” I said.

“Alright I need to ask you to turn in a list of who your squad members were tomorrow.” He said.

I nodded and walked off, I was soon to meet up with LTC Wargo who I had a question with. I stood by the barrecks right before the the entrance into the drill hall as he finished up giving an announcement to the LET 1's and the upcoming Corporals board in February. As he walked off to the side finishing his speech I began to talk to him.

“Sir may I have a word with you for a moment?” I asked.

“Yes Mr. Stoddard.”

“Why was I promoted to Master Sergeant? Wasn’t I suppose to be a sergeant first class?” I said keeping my tone professional.

“You were promoted because of your high grades and performance in your game earlier.” he said his hands behind his back.

“I see, thank you sir.” I said as he went by.

I walked out the door my book bag slung over my shoulder. I traveled down the halls my chest out my pride showing, I went all the way to the west lunch room, as I went into the door I was greeted with a warm welcome.

“Congratulations Master Sergeant!”

“Woah, woah, woah, this is unexpected.” I said smiling.

I saw a flurry of faces from my class Amanda, Robert, Amy, Lizzet, and even Isaiah. I saw some eyes from students who weren’t in JROTC glance in our direction I could hear a few whisper’s from the crowds at the table. But I didn’t care.

“So what’s all this for? I asked.

“It’s to congratulate you duh.” Amanda said.

“Yea when I heard you had beat Amanda, Robert, and Isaiah I was amazed.” Lizzet said.

Lizzet was hot, she were tight jeans and a slightly loose T-shirt, she had black hair and eye shadow on. What made her hot tho also made her proficient she was an H-Squad member. She knew how to spin a rifle and if you messed with her while spinning it, she would drop it on “ascendent” and either be out cooled, hurting badly or she missed completely and slap you. Most freshman, were informed to stay away from when she was practicing most understood the stupid got either lucky or hurt very badly. It normally taught them a lesson, normally.

“I think you deserve a little more of a reward.” she said kissing me on the cheek.

I bowed my head as a blushed uncontrolablely.

“So who you taking on your squad?” Robert said.

I shrugged “I barely had any time to think it over I had all of today to think about it.”

“I don’t know yet but there will be a sheet submitted to Sergeant Molina saying my squad members. If your not one of them its nothing personal.” I said turning to face the crowd.

They all looked at me with eager, I knew that this would be a long day but I had to make a choice this was the start of something big I knew it. But it was time to think and I didn’t have all the time in the world. I walked back out the doors leaving everyone behind and began to wonder down the halls thinking of who my squad member’s would be.

But wait! This is not the end of the adventure for Master Sergeant Stoddard! You the reader’s choose if it is! What will you do? See the next segment of this story? Or go to another series? It is time for a decision to be made! Please comment and review below I look forward to your answer’s.
Last edited by KingLucifer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

Random avatar

Reviews: 30
Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:25 pm
Flyingchaos says...

“Player eliminated.” The mechanical voice called out.

“Squad leader eliminated.”

“Game Over.”

“Winner Andrew Stoddard.”

It was over before I knew it, I had nearly keeled over with knowing I had lost. But instead I won, how? I wondered it took James a second to realized that he had lost he turned and saw no other than Amanda. I became relived that Amanda’s selfishness came in handy if it was the only person she be the one to strip me of rank.

“Amanda, why?” Isaiah said.

“That’s my friends rank you endangered there if anyone’s going to strip him of it, its me.” she said.

I gotten up halfway before Amanda offered me a hand I took it in friendship.

“Game over James.” I said dusting myself off.

“Son of a bitch you HAD to ruin it for me didn’t you Amanda?” He said.

“Yep like I said if anyone is going to strip Andrew of rank its me and me alone.” she said slinging the shotgun onto her shoulder.

I was filled with joy that my relationship with Amanda had come though and that I had her loyalty as a friend and as a cadet. We all began to walk back to the stairs picking up Robert of course. We had to do a lot of explaining first, he didn’t look to happy for what Amanda did. But none the less I had won. Moments later we were back in the drill hall we had explained what had happen somehow keeping Amanda’s betrayal a secret, the class had come back up from a lower floor of the hall two formations were made into one a sopmore and freshman classes. The three Sergeant first classes walking around the huge formation with the help of higher cadets, among them were Command Sergeant Major Valdez and Lieutenant Colonel Aranda. Both commanding officials in the regiment I stood up front to receive my rank.

“For playing admirably in the Laser Tag Depro game and having high account of grades, by order of Corp of Cadets, Staff Sergeant Stoddard is here by promoted to Master Sergeant and Platoon sergeant of Foxtrot Company.” Lieutenant Colonel Wargo said as he stood before me.

as I stood in the position of attention I was handed my new rank and brass, we saluted each other I did an aboutface and met the eyes on me, the bell sounded and I took my leadership of my new position.

“Platoon attention!” I said.

“Present Arms!”

“Order Arms!”

“LET 2 formation Dismissed”

The power felt good, that was the base line, I had earned my position and would not have had it if it weren’t for Amanda. I owed her on this, I just wish that her helping me won’t come back to haunt me.

“Mr.Stoddard over here.” I heard.

It was Sergeant Molina, Sergeant Molina was shorter than Lieutenant Colonel Wargo he has little more hair than him but otherwise he had everything LTC Wargo had glasses and wrinkles same attire.

“As you know Mr. Stoddard a newly promoted Master Sergeant must form a new squad in the regiment.” He said.

“Yea I know if I known I would be promoted to Master Sergeant I would have given this some thought over.” I said.

“Alright I need to ask you to turn in a list of who your squad members were tomorrow.” He said.

I nodded and walked off, I was soon to meet up with LTC Wargo who I had a question with. I stood by the barrecks right before the the entrance into the drill hall as he finished up giving an announcement to the LET 1's and the upcoming Corporals board in February. As he walked off to the side finishing his speech I began to talk to him.

“Sir may I have a word with you for a moment?” I asked.

“Yes Mr. Stoddard.”

“Why was I promoted to Master Sergeant? Wasn’t I suppose to be a sergeant first class?” I said keeping my tone professional.

“You were promoted because of your high grades and performance in your game earlier.” he said his hands behind his back.

“I see, thank you sir.” I said as he went by.

I walked out the door my book bag slung over my shoulder. I traveled down the halls my chest out my pride showing, I went all the way to the west lunch room, as I went into the door I was greeted with a warm welcome.

“Congratulations Master Sergeant!”

“Woah, woah, woah, this is unexpected.” I said smiling.

I saw a flurry of faces from my class Amanda, Robert, Amy, Lizzet, and even Isaiah. I saw some eyes from students who weren’t in JROTC glance in our direction I could hear a few whisper’s from the crowds at the table. But I didn’t care.

“So what’s all this for? I asked.

“It’s to congratulate you duh.” Amanda said.

“Yea when I heard you had beat Amanda, Robert, and Isaiah I was amazed.” Lizzet said.

Lizzet was hot, she were tight jeans and a slightly loose T-shirt, she had black hair and eye shadow on. What made her hot tho also made her proficient she was an H-Squad member. She knew how to spin a rifle and if you messed with her while spinning it, she would drop it on “ascendent” and either be out cooled, hurting badly or she missed completely and slap you. Most freshman, were informed to stay away from when she was practicing most understood the stupid got either lucky or hurt very badly. It normally taught them a lesson, normally.

“I think you deserve a little more of a reward.” she said kissing me on the cheek.

I bowed my head as a blushed uncontrolablely.

“So who you taking on your squad?” Robert said.

I shrugged “I barely had any time to think it over I had all of today to think about it.”

“I don’t know yet but there will be a sheet submitted to Sergeant Molina saying my squad members. If your not one of them its nothing personal.” I said turning to face the crowd.

They all looked at me with eager, I knew that this would be a long day but I had to make a choice this was the start of something big I knew it. But it was time to think and I didn’t have all the time in the world. I walked back out the doors leaving everyone behind and began to wonder down the halls thinking of who my squad member’s would be.

But wait! This is not the end of the adventure for Master Sergeant Stoddard! You the reader’s choose if it is! What will you do? See the next segment of this story? Or go to another series? It is time for a decision to be made! Please comment and review below I look forward to your answer’s.

I thinks this is one of the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG it's great...!

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

I can't even consider that a review, can I please get someone decent here?
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:40 am
Ghost42 says...

Hahaha, you had mistakes in spelling, a small typo with confusing where with wore, I do that all the time don't worry, and I can't spell worth a crap so who am I to say you're spelling was off. That's all I really caught, besides comma usage mistakes, other than these errors, I would have to say this was perfect. I would love to see this story continued and what happens, where, and how, all the rest of the stuff that makes the book intresting. I can't wait to see what you have in store for these characters.
If there is one thing I never go anywhere without, it's my pencil.
Another thing, if schools don't allow wepons, then why do they allow pens? Because, if the pen is mighter than the sword, doesn't that mean the pen is a wepon too?

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:31 am
MikeMoney says...

I really enjoyed this story and I really want to read more, though I found a couple spelling mistakes, but everyone makes those nothing big. I fond some spaces where the comas are supposed to be periods. Everyone makes punctuation and spelling mistakes. My advice is try working on Microsoft word to fix your mistakes and then re-read it to find the mistakes Microsoft word did not pick up. Edit, edit, edit from a writer to another, Mikey out X.
"If your horrible to me, I'm going to write a song about it, and you won't like it. That's how I operate" - Taylor Swift #Stop Bullying!

Need (Re)views on your work?: page.php?id=1535

#longlivebigbrother
— alliyah