z

Young Writers Society

The City of Gloxa

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:59 pm
Caesar says...

Gloxa is a city which, at first glance, looks orderly enough -- the streets, while loud and confusing, are safe enough, save a few pick-pockets. The Imperator's guards patrol frequently, breaking up major brawls fairly quickly... usually. One can find anything here, from the most extravagant of luxuries to the rarest spells.

Of course, the deeper you travel into the city's bowels, the darker and more perilous the situation becomes. The Necrorzhov, a group of insane madmen, harvest corpses, preferably of the... freshly dead, and set loose monstrous alchemical creations onto the unfortunate inhabitants. Murder and arson are common. Rumors fly of an even more mysterious sect. However, if you're bold enough, or simply suicidal, you can lay your hands on anything here. Things the law doesn't permit.

So, who will you be? Noble or thug, everyone has a place in Gloxa.

Spoiler! :
The usual Chit-Chat rules apply, of course.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:40 pm
Sourdude16 says...

Firesmith from Magi High School:
My senior year ended recently and things were clearly never going to be the same for me again. I had finally refused with Nashai and was able to fuse and unfuse at will. I unfused with my dragon companion and she floated next to me in the store for the rare and mythical spells. I was next in line to buy an new spell I had heard could cure my blindness permanantly and gave the money to a friend I had just met recently by the name of Siris.

Siris from Quest of the Magi:
I was next to my friend Siris and held his money for him as we finally got to the front of the line. I pulled out $500 dollars and gave it to the clerk, who gave me the spell needed. I tryed to heal the sight myself, but unfortunatley it didn't work, requiring the skills of highly skilled and illegal spellmakers like the ones in the store here. My and Firesmith went outside and prepared to use the spell to restore his vision.
~The future is only history yet to come~ personal quote
~Writing isn't a job or work. Its a passion and a gift.~ Personal quote
~Love is something everyone deserves, few know, and only the elite understand~ personal quote

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:37 pm
View Likes
neko says...

Martel

I watch the people passing by carefully, huddled in the doorway of an old house, waiting patiently for someone intriguing. Someone rushes past, too close, and I press myself harder against the wooden door behind me.
No-one seems to notice me. I'm invisible, watching those who have no idea I even exist. The thought brings a smile to my lips.
Listen up!
The future is bulletproof!
The aftermath is secondary!
It's time to do it now and do it loud!
Killjoys, make some noise!

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:15 am
ninjacookies says...

Avana

I wrap my cloak closer to me as I walk, weaving through the crowds as I make my way to the centre of the city and the houses there.

The sunlight is blinding and in my haste I almost trip up over a stall out on the open road and I hear somebody cry out behind me but I climb deeper into the crowd and soon enough the shouting stops.

That's when I catch sight of the Imperator's Guards on the path ahead of me and in impulse I dart away up another road. I've had enough of them people for the next few years, I think. And I have work to do. I cant afford to be pulled up now.

I keep walking, hoping that they don't follow and crash, smack bang, into somebody coming up the road, somehow managing to knock myself over in the process.

Well, if that doesn't get their attention...

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:55 pm
neko says...

Martel

Wincing, I look over at the person whom I just collided with, irritation rising in my mind. A cloaked figure, also on the ground, sits, slightly sprawled in front of me. I immediately switch to defensive mode, angry at being knocked over, at being TOUCHED.
"Watch where you're going!" I snap, feeling the familiar heat spreading up my arms and struggle to contain tha flames that threaten to burst from my fingertips. No matter how strong the urge to burn this person, I need to lie low.
Listen up!
The future is bulletproof!
The aftermath is secondary!
It's time to do it now and do it loud!
Killjoys, make some noise!

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg