z

Young Writers Society

Cuppa Mud Cafe

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:58 pm
jimdandy says...

Ken

Opening my tear stricken eyes and letting a soft sigh breathe. Did I care? Do I not care? It didn't matter any more, I had to face my fears of loneliness and get myself some change.
Sitting up in my bed, my bedding all crumpled to wave-like patterns, I wiped off my eyes and looked over to the silhouette in the doorway.
"Some company would be nice. It's just hard to face my own self, the voices..." Am I really...? It shouldn't matter any more, I'm changing.
"There are a variety of voices in my head that take many different sides in my head. They hurt me often. When I wasn't alone it was nice, I was at peace."
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus
"I didn't lie! I just created fiction with my mouth." - Homer

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:26 am
artsy says...

Sebastian

I sat down on the edge of the bed and my hand searched for his. Once I found it, I took it in mine lightly. He paused for a moment, as if he was waiting on me to speak. "Keep speaking." I urged softly.
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

8 Reviews

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:21 pm
jimdandy says...

Ken

I continued on calmly. "I was always in a way dependant like that. I nearly required a companion in order to keep my voices quiet and in check."
Looking up at Seb's face, eyes a tinge of red and tear stains on my cheeks. "It was the way the pan flashes, and the way the whip lashes. I hope you don't think I'm weird or anything, it's just my damned mind."
"Seemed to start after Heather went away, I just couldn't handle much then and I did things I regret doing. I improved little but I didn't have that support."
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:39 pm
artsy says...

Sebastian

I moved closer and wrapped him in a hug. He was a sorry sight, if anything. I squeezed his hand a little before relaxing it. He had his heart wrapped around this 'Heather'. She must've been something special to him. "I don't think you're weird." I said quietly. "Not in a bad way. I believe weird people are some of the best kind. And you seem like a good person." I chose my worda carefuly.
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

8 Reviews

Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 pm
jimdandy says...

Ken

"Well, thanks." I said, "Though the hour is late, and I wouldn't want for you to be deprived of sleep so I'll leave you to it."
I slid out of her hand and guided Seb out the door.
"Knock if you need anything." She nodded and I closed the door, and prepared for bed.

8 Reviews

Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:59 pm
jimdandy says...

And with the 50th post upon this thread. I do sadly declare this grand tale to an abrupt close.

Reviews: 0
Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:16 pm
olivere says...

The door opened slowly as I walked into the café. It was crowded but I found an empty table in the back. I opened my jacket pocket and pulled out an unmarked envelope, read the letter again I made sure this was the meeting place. I was here to meet Felix Lancaster, an old friend from when I worked as a courier, we hadn't talked since we were both fired. Felix was my manger, he was a old man but still acted like a twenty year old. He was more reckless than I was, and that's something. He had left Riverside on his Harley a few hours after we were fired, but not before he messed around with the bosses wife. Felix wasn't usually vengeful, and I suspected that he did it for me. I confirmed that I was in the right café and waited. There was so much I wanted to say to him.

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
— Dr. Seuss