z

Young Writers Society

Character Role-Play

Reviews: 4
Tue May 22, 2012 12:48 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"She's doing volunteer work somewhere," I replied, trying to think of where exactly. She had told me before she left, but that had been last week...

"Nepal!" I exclaimed, snapping my fingers. "She's in Nepal, helping an orphanage, I think."
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Reviews: 184
Thu May 24, 2012 12:21 am
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I could feel my hopes fall with my shoulders. I guess everyone left, too. That's what I was hoping anyway. Then my disappearance wouldn't seem so strange to this tiny town. They'd never understand why I had to leave. I shook my head to clear that thought. "She was born to save the world," I said lightly. "I always knew it."

Thu May 24, 2012 1:32 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"Yep, that's Cass," I agreed. "Can't seem to stop herself, actually. This is, like, the fifth time she's gone on one of those trips. Making us all look bad." She really did--I liked to tout my contributions to music, but really, I hadn't done anything humanitarian at all, except donating to a few random charities. "I guess we can't all be perfect, though."

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Fri May 25, 2012 1:06 am
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I nearly spit out my coffee. I laughed to cover it up. "That's the understatement of the century!" I tried to be normal about it but I knew I'd slipped up. They knew.

Fri May 25, 2012 10:40 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"So true," I agreed. "Did you hear about that other guy from our class? He went to jail for killing a bunch of people, or something. That kind of thing only happens in horror movies. Talk about imperfect, huh?"

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:04 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

"I had no idea," I said quietly. I always knew that kid, Randy, would take a turn for the worst.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:38 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"Yeah, it was messed up," I remarked, shuddering a little. "I'm so glad I was out of town when that happened... But enough about serial killers. I've been blabbing for...what, ten minutes now? Anything you want to talk about? I don't want to monopolize the conversation."

LIZARD!!!!!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:53 am
neko says...

Deanna

I fumble with the huge stack of plates and sigh, flicking my hair out of my eyes and eying the clock. Break time. Okay, so it's not break time yet, but I need a ciggerette. I dump the plates in the giant sink and sneak out the back, tugging the pack of cancer sticks out of my pocket. Lighting up, I look around the carpark and lean against the wall.
Listen up!
The future is bulletproof!
The aftermath is secondary!
It's time to do it now and do it loud!
Killjoys, make some noise!

184 Reviews

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:19 am
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I laughed. "You weren't monopolizing, Sunny," I said, patting her shoulder. "It's just been so long since I've been here. I feel like I've changed so much." I sipped my coffee to stop me from saying anything more.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:45 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

I nodded in agreement. "Same here," I remarked. "It's so weird coming back here after five years at college. Feels like a time warp, or something. Here, especially. I don't think this cafe has changed one bit."

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:27 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I looked around to hide the red in my cheeks. Five years? I was gone way longer than that, wasn't I?
"Yeah," I said at last. "Time flies...when you're..." When you're what? Having fun? If that's the case, time should have crawled along. "When you're flying," I finished, a casual laugh escaping.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:41 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

I laughed along with Rose. "So true," I agreed. "And technically, time does speed up if you're in an airplane, according to general relativity." I paused for a moment, remembering that I wasn't with my nerd friends anymore. "That sounded really geeky, didn't it?"

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:39 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I hugged Sunny. "Not at all," I said. "I missed the old nerd talk from back in the day."

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:56 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"Aw, thanks," I replied, hugging Rose back. "I majored in astronomy, so I'm still a huge nerd." I made a mental note to wear my chocolate molecule shirt to work the next day.

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:37 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I grinned and laughed. "Astronomy? Wow," I said. I tried to think of a way out of the inevitable question but Sunny beat me to it.
"What are you majoring in?" she asked. "Or are you out of college?"
I sipped my coffee.

Stop being mean to your self-insert character, you're just being mean to yourself.
— WeepingWisteria