The future is bulletproof!
The aftermath is secondary!
It's time to do it now and do it loud!
Killjoys, make some noise!

Reviews: 4
Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:15 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

Well, here I was, doing something I said I'd never do. Although I didn't like doing favors for Cass (because she'd never stop going on about how much she owed me) I had agreed to take care of her cafe while she was on vacation. I wiped off the cheap fake granite countertop, turned the TV on to some baseball game, and went to the front door to flip the little sign around. "Cafe Cosmos," I said to myself. "Open for business."
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:37 pm
neko says...

I walk through the back door tying on my apron.
"Shit, sorry I'm late." I mumble to my boss.
Listen up!
The future is bulletproof!
The aftermath is secondary!
It's time to do it now and do it loud!
Killjoys, make some noise!

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:33 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

Just seconds after I flipped the sign over, a girl walked through the back door, tying on an apron at the same time. She apologized for being late, and then started cleaning off the grill.

"It's okay," I said to her. "Um...I actually don't really know what's going on. Cass is gone this entire week, and she left me in charge. I'm Sunny, by the way."

LIZARD!!!!!

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:31 am
Catchphrase says...

((This is my first reply to a thread!))

Don

The taxi driver slammed onto the brakes and swerved next to the curb. I yelped at the sudden excitement and my head swung forward, hitting the driver's headrest. I stifled a whimper and rubbed my head gently. I looked into the interior mirror and saw the driver's amused grin. I grumbled under my breath.

"En' 'f dah line, bub." The man said.

"Gee, um, thanks?" I reached into my back pocket for my wallet. My eyes widened, and I went into a cold sweat. No wallet. My hands moved for my front pockets, but nothing was in there. I felt my cargo pockets. Something really squishy, probably a rotten grape or raisin. Yuck.

I put a pitiful look on my face. "Hey, you wouldn't mind if I payed you in pocket lint, would you?
------
After a verbal and physical beating by the driver, I stepped out of the taxi, straightening my glasses. The taxi jerked forward with my luggage still stuffed in the trunk. The taxi ran over my foot. "Agh!" I cried. I jumped back, and tripped over the curb. I landed on a crack in the sidewalk, and my left shoe flew off and landed in a rain puddle a few inches away. Splash. Dirty rain water splashed on me. What great luck I was having today.

Standing up wobbly, I brushed myself off. I turned my back to the road and saw a small cafe in front of me. "Cafe Cosmos." I said. "Meh, better than nothing." I walked to the glass door and ran into it. "Pull, yeah, right, I knew that..." I pulled the door open.
I just got my way :elephant: living every day

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:49 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

As I came out from the kitchen, I heard a bang--a guy running into the front door. Hadn't I told Cass not to polish it so well? The guy righted himself, pulled the door open, and walked inside, limping a little.

"Hey," I said. "How's it going? Can I get you anything?"

LIZARD!!!!!

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:12 pm
Catchphrase says...

Don

As I walked in, I gave this "Cafe Cosmos" a quick scan. Cobalt blue walls. A darker blue tiled floor. Tables were scattered all around the room, but in an orderly fashion. I turned my head to the front counter.

The woman standing behind it spoke. "Hey," she said. "How's it going? Can I get you anything?"

I look at my soggy left shoe and dirty clothes. "How do you think it's going?" I grumbled, and asked, "Do you know where the bathroom is? I need to clean up."
I just got my way :elephant: living every day

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:26 am
Ranger51 says...

Laiel

Cafe Cosmos, read the sign above the door. Laiel had heard this place had good food, and he was getting hungry.

Some poor guy got his foot run over by a taxi, then bumped into the door. Laiel went in after him, careful not to hit the door. He was grumbling something at the woman behind the counter.

"Dude, are you okay?" Laiel asked him. He looked like he'd gotten into a wrestling match with a tumbling boulder. And then landed in a puddle. "What happened?"
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:17 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"Yeah," I said to the injured guy. "That was kind of a dumb question. The bathrooms are over there." I pointed toward the back of the restaurant.

Just then, another guy walked in, almost bumping into the guy with the limp. "Dude, are you okay?" he asked. "What happened?"

"I'll explain in a minute," the limping guy muttered, trudging off toward the bathroom.

"So..." I began, trying to end the awkward silence. "Can I get you anything, mister?"

LIZARD!!!!!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:36 pm
Ranger51 says...

Laiel

"I'll explain in a minute," the guy said, leaving.

For a second, there was an awkward silence, and then the woman asked if she could get something.

"I just heard the food is good here," Laiel said. "I'm not sure what I'd like. Is there a menu I can look at?"
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:54 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"I just heard the food is good here," the new guy said. "I'm not sure what I'd like. Is there a menu I can look at?"

"Sure," I replied, slipping behind the counter. "Here you go." I handed him one of the pieces of laminated tagboard Cass called menus, and then ducked into the kitchen.

"Okay," I said to the employee. "There are two people in here, and one of them's looking at a menu, so we should probably fire up the grill pretty soon." I turned to go back into the main room, but then stopped. "Hey," I said to the girl. "What's your name, anyway?"

LIZARD!!!!!

In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
— Albus Dumbledore