z

Young Writers Society

Arkham Asylum

Reviews: 1
Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:27 pm
View Likes
Cramerx says...

Specter

With one of my tormentors laying dead at my feet, I felt some what refreshed. Maybe it was the little thrill that I got from killing him but whatever it was, it didn't last long cause a few moments later a voice appeared over the P.A. system "Attention all guards: prisoner 21758 has escaped- do not provoke on sight, contact Jonathon Samuels ASAP." The prisoner I wasn't sure about but the man, Jonathon Samuels, was the warden of this place. The escape wasn't any of my concern, but it might provide some cover while I carried out my own. "First, I need some weapons. I need my weapons." I ran out the door and through the wall into the next corridor. Luckily, I knew exactly where they kept all of the inmate's belongings (If they had any). After phasing through a couple more walls, I found myself in the hallway where the vault was located and I heard heavy footsteps heading in my direction. So I pressed myself against the wall allowing my body to become invisible. A guard came running by carrying a little girl in his arms. What's a kid doing in this place? I thought becoming visible again after they turned a corner at the end of the hallway. The large metal door had a digital lock and a sign that read 'Authorized Personnel Only'. I scoffed passing through the door into the room. Never got how they thought criminals would obey such signs. I tossed around crates until I came to one that I been stamped "Specter" in bold, red letters. Normally, they would put the real name or known alias of the person on the box but nobody knew my real name and there wouldn't be enough room to put all of my known aliases. I pried the top off with my fingertips, smiling when I looked inside. "Hello my old friends." I said picking up two silver custom-made handguns. I equipped myself with the weapons -- throwing knives, two swords, and duel handguns -- and outfit, a white Kevlar reenforced hooded body armor, from the crate. "Now. It's time to leave this hellhole..."
Men are born without limits but learn about them throughout their years.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:49 pm
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Emmy

We hid at the end of a hallway, Jackie and I. I still wasn't sure exactly what Prezzie had done, but it had definally hurt. More important, though, I think he might have recognized Jackie. That meant I was in trouble. I had a lead, though. Once I had learned more of it, Jackie would be expendable. Too bad, I liked him. "So, Jackie, who's Raithen?"

He looked somewhat uncomfortable. "A psychopath. He calls himself Dr. Raithen. He's a bad man, Emmy. Promise me you'll stay away from him?"

I laughed in his face. Bad men weren't any sort of problem for me; I had Dolly. But I couldn't take Jackie with me to look for him, and if I left him here, he might snap out of it and tell them where to go. Mommy always said not to leave loose ends.

Of course, she regretted that advice after I had Dolly take care of her. I whispered, "Oh, Dolly? Jackie isn't useful anymore."

Dolly's head twisted around to look at me, and a slow smile spread across her face. I nodded grimly and set her on the floor. She stepped slowly, menacingly, towards Jackie, who backed against the wall. "Uh, Emmy..."

"News flash, Jackie: I can't let you live. Don't worry, though. Dolly will make it quick because you saved me. She didn't like Mommy, so it took a really long time for her to die."

Dolly leapt, grabbing Jackie by the neck. He frantically tried to pull her off, but Dolly was a lot stronger than she looked. In no time at all, a long scream echoed through the corridors as Dolly squeezed.

I stepped around Jackie's body and picked up Dolly. Then I ran, knowing from experience that a scream like that would draw guards to the area, and I had no time for that kind of trouble.

Spoiler! :
*hums* There's a creepy doll...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgfklKnOg4w
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:06 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Basilisk

It had helped that I knew this asylum like the back of my hand; it was only so long before the abilities possessed by other inmates bored an intellectual such as myself. This knowledge had proven to be particularly useful in Raithen's operations, and it amused me to notice, when I revived from my feigning unconsciousness (my head still ached from the power Pressure had used), that Quartermaster and the new interrogator had fled in the direction of the catacombs entry. Did it not strike them that someone as smart as the Doctor would make sure he was well equipped before springing a potentially lethal captive. No, I knew who was to fault for the mix-up, it would be none other than my old colleague and friend Brigade.

Unlike the mindless brute, I knew exactly where I needed to be, and I would not waste a moment in arriving at the rendezvou- it may be a matter of life or death (or success or failiure, as the dear Doctor saw it). Through the carnage I broke through, plowing through any security staff that tried to challenge my might in physical combat. As I butchered them in uncaring recklessness, a hideous face (one much like a squidged face of a rat) broke through that caught my eye. He lumbered towards me in an odd way, and I readied myself to take yet another life, yet he instead held out his brown-furred hand and offered me a piece of technology that I did recognise: it was a receiver.

"Raithen sent me," he growled bluntly before taking flight away from me. I cared not about the lack of prelimineries; I never was one for small talk.

As I continued my route towards the laboratory, realisation set in that gunshots were sounding above the blaring sirens. It would be apparent that Raithen had found himself in a spot of trouble. I focused a bit more and cleared my mind of my visual imaging and instead tried to locate heat signatures nearby. I could feel the heat that was expelled at an alarming rate from the firearms that rang out, but behind the wall to my left was a crunched up figure, avoiding the bullets that rushed past him with lethal pace.

Grinning, I sank my fist into the concrete, then again, cracks spread in a pretty spider-web pattern. Stepping back, I took a deep breath, storing the oxygen in my muscles as I readied myself for a sudden charge. Growling in the anticipation of pain, I lunged forward with the entirity of my two tonnes of weight, bowling through the fractured wall and attracting the rounds that fired blindly through the dust that obscured my figure. I looked briefly at Raithen, but continued walking dangerously towards the guards that weren't expecting a bullet-proof lizard-man.

I tore them apart in quick time, then turned back towards the Doctor who nodded to me in a fashion that granted me a thanks, but only one that praised me for doing my duty. After a few moments of situational confirmation, my suspiscions of Brigade's moronic misunderstanding had been confirmed, yet the element of surprise was a great one to possess, even if it was that we would have to improvise.
Last edited by DarknecrosisX on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:44 pm
TyrantOfWar says...

Quartermaster

"I know where there heading," I said, the realisation sinking in. "The catacombs."

"Why would they head into there?" Pressure asked.

"I don't know, there's supposed to be nothing down there," I replied and turned towards my office. I would need more firepower than the two basic pistols I had on me. I signalled for the guards to guard the entrance to the catacombs. With Pressure a step behind, we finally arrived at my office, and scanning the room, looked around for the scanner hidden somewhere in the mess that was my office. Due to the lack of incidents at the asylum, there had been little need for the armoury that I had concealed but I had deemed it safer to have it installed, even though I had forgotten where the actual switch was. Pressure looked at me, impatience starting to creep in. Where was the damn switch I thought, I thought, looking for something familiar to jog my memory. A thought struck me and I moved over to my desk and reached underneath it. Got ya, relief temporaily taking over.

"Really? You spent all that time looking and it turned out to be in the most obvious of places," Pressure said, annoyance in his voice. Ignoring his comment, I pressed the button and the wall behind us slid open. A gleaming white room is what met our eyes as well as the large amount of weapons that lay unused in the room.

"You wanted to know where all my shit was, well here it is," I said, and walked in.
I want to see you choke on your lies,
Swallow up your greed,
Suffer all alone in your misery.

My Life Story:
Lies Greed Misery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dq9q6afIP8

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:19 pm
Crow29 says...

Dr. Raithen

From the relative cover of the asylum's shadow, our small group watched as Quartermaster led Pressure and a small squad of troops into the Catacombs. More guards stood outside, watching the heavy door as it slid back into place with a dull thud.
Brigade made as if to move forward, but I stayed him with an upraised hand.
"Patience, my brutish friend. Our opportunity shall come."
Whether Brigade absorbed the mild insult- or any of the words containing more than one syllable- was a matter of speculation, but the beastly hulk of muscle seemed placated, at least for a time. Basilisk seemed somewhat less complacent, but I trusted him not to ruin all we had built thus far.
I turned on Vergil, who even now knelt bound, cold sweat running down his pastey features. I knelt before him, bringing my eyes to his level, though they remained masked by my goggles.
"If you disappoint me," I hissed, barely audible through my vocal filter, "I will let these fine men have their fun." I threw a glance over my shoulder for effect; Basilisk coiled his bicep, though Rufus looked uncomfortable. I decided I should have been more specific.
Vergil stared back, giddy, but grinning. "You made that sound pretty fucking sexual," he laughed.
I stood, and with a growl of unsupressed rage, hit him across the face with my gloved hand. It was not the base retort which had enraged me- though I would expect higher social graces- but the very fact that he had spoken at all indicated that he was already beginning to grow accustomed to the drugs.
On the plus side, it would seem the chances of him disappointing me would be very slim.
At the end of the day, when the sun is gone and the light is lost, the shadows will play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9IJVoFR_Q

Random avatar

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:50 am
kayfortnight says...

Emmy

I hid around a corner, watching and waiting for the right moment to say hello. People tended to act stupid under my influence, so I wouldn't be using it on this Raithen if I could help it. But that didn't mean I didn't want to have influence.

There was an entire gang there; the lizard-man from that office, and four strangers. Nevertheless, I could easily tell who was giving the orders here. Whether or not he was this Raithen didn't matter; whoever ran a band like this had to be at least semi-intelligent.

I said calmly, staying out of sight, "Try not to look at me. Don't let yourselves be drawn into my voice. I need to talk to you."

The man in charge said with a touch of dry humor in his voice, "How am I supposed to talk to you while ignoring your voice?"

"You need to try. I can't turn my power off; I was never able to. Willpower can hold it back." My voice grew harder. "But just because you know about that defense doesn't mean I'm helpless if you turn on me. I have a friend, and she'll insure that I'm completely safe while I hold the key to her mind. Just a warning. But I can help you."

I felt Dolly tense in my arms as we waited for an answer. "Not yet," I whispered.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:53 am
Crow29 says...

Dr. Raithen

I almost laughed at the front this child meant to have us believe. I felt her effect as I listened, the slight pressure behind my eyes a clear giveaway.
"Little girl," I called out in reply, "I think you need to come out from the shadows now. Yes, come out where we can see you."
"I don't think so," the girl replied. I tensed, biting back a response which agreed all too readily. The child wasn't lying about her 'influence', that much was clear, but she had also made clear that all that was needed to resist her was willpower.
Knowledge being the ultimate weapon, I had no reason to fear a confrontation. Willpower was something I had in droves.
"Rufus, leave us," I gestured to the bat-like man, who immediately turned and flew away. I doubted he carried a similarly iron will, and there was no point risking such a useful asset in any kind of confrontation.
"Why did you send your friend away?" the voice asked. I supressed the guilt it brought up in me.
"Little girl, I think it's time you leave us now, too." With a wave of my hand, I dismissed her, turning to Basilisk and nodding in the direction of the catacombs' door. He and Brigade began to move in the indicated direction.
"Dolly doesn't like you," the voice calld out again. I stopped dead in my tracks, turned, but thought better of prolonging interaction. There was much to be done.
At the end of the day, when the sun is gone and the light is lost, the shadows will play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9IJVoFR_Q

Random avatar

Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:39 pm
kayfortnight says...

Emmy

He did not just do that. I shouted, trying to get him to pay attention, "Dolly doesn't like you."

He hesitated for a moment, then walked through the door. I glanced down at Dolly, and she took my look as an order, hopping out of my arms. I grabbed her hair though, pulling her back. "Listen to me." She stopped.

"Your orders are to watch. Nothing else. I'm going to need Raithen alive, Dolly. That means no strangling, stabbing, choking, breaking his neck or spine, hurting him in any other way, or finding a loophole in this list. Do you understand?"

She tilted her head at me and slowly nodded. I let go of her and slid down the wall into a sitting position, watching her totter down the hall. "Mommy always said Dolly'd be nicer as an actual doll, and instead she made her into something that wants to kill me when I'm sleeping. This is what happens when Mommy decides her fortune-telling business doesn't make enough money." I dropped my head onto my knees, but jerked it up when I thought of something. "Oops. I forgot to tell Dolly not to hurt the lizard man either."

67 Reviews

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:57 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Pressure

I had certainly been shocked by how much weaponry Quartermaster had managed to conceal, but more worried about how many asylum regulations he broke by retaining ownership of the intimidating arsenal of weaponry. “That’s quite the collection,” I commented, as he dived into the room, hauling complex weaponry from the walls and examining them before, very carefully, returning them to their original position.

“Those chumps back at the entrance had weapons right?” he called to me over his shoulder. I found myself rolling my eyes in impatience with the warden.

“Shows how observant you are- yes, they were armed; it’s only us we need to equip.

“Great. Pick a gun, any gun at all,” he invited, enthusiastically highlighting the display, as if it wasn't visible enough.

I paused for a few moments, scanning the selection, before pointing out a jet-black assault rifle with various gadgets on it- I was going to need all the help I could get considering my inability with firearms.

“Any one but that one,” Quartermaster smirked.

After we had left his office, the mysterious warden and I ventured back to our group, luckily they had not been disturbed much by the carnage around them; this hall was decidedly clear. One of them addressed me at attention. “Sir, I must ask, why must we head down into the catacombs? It’s where all the dead inmates go.”

I looked to Quartermaster, after all, he was the one who proposed we travelled through the suspicious undergrounds of the asylum. “Well, the reason we have to do this is because I said so, happy?”

“Not entirely sir.”

“We need to stop a bunch of freaks escaping with some nutjob god,” he summarised, carrying out the safety checks for each of his weapons.
The guard looked to me for elaboration.

“I am sure you have been informed about the imprisonment of cellmate 21758, and his capabilities.”

He nodded.

“You heard earlier that he had escaped, and it is both Quartermaster’s and my own belief that those who freed him have attempted to smuggle him from the premises via the catacombs. After all, there will be little to no resistance from the corpses down there.”

“But it’s restricted,” the guard said, panicky, as the warden swiped a card into the enormous door, I had heard the lock had to be repaired after two inmates had torn the giant steel girder bolt away. Yet this replacement slid aside smoothly, the pneumatics hissing as the titanic action was undertaken.

“Yeah, a lot of stuff is nowadays,” Quartermaster replied complacently, “but obeying the rules is no fun. Unless you’re a villain, ‘cause then you have to deal with me. But then, that’s fun for me,” he mused.

A loud beep echoed as the door parted, the darkness greeting us with eerie silence. I found myself shivering just from the mysteries that lurked in the black, waiting to be uncovered, revived, remembered. I stroked the revolver on my hip in it’s holdster, anticipating a monster to lunge in attack... but nothing came.

“Let’s go men,” Quartemaster ordered.
We descended into the catacombs together.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

67 Reviews

Fri May 10, 2013 9:47 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Basilisk

This little encounter with the child following us through the chaotic halls was boring me; I wanted to execute this task as fast as possible with few complications. As long as I found out just what lay dormant within the catacombs of Arkham, as well as what use it may have had to myself, I could resume my daily business until the conditions were right to attempt an escape. Needless to say, the dismissal of the girl from Raithen kept my impatience at bay.
We continued to move in our direction, Brigade carrying the dampened Vergil in his enormous arms with little effort, and the Doctor walked at my side, silently considering the possibilities of what we might meet in the depths of the asylum and how we might combat them. Although we both had already ran into a trio of atrocious creatures that were somewhere between corpse and machine, it was quite possible that the dangers could grow increasingly worse as we progressed through the dim tunnels.

We arrived at the colossal firmly closed steel door that had sealed the unsuspecting Quartermaster and Pressure inside to their doomed fates. It was not my place to laugh about this however, for we were soon to join them.
“Gentlemen. If you please.” Raithen gestured at the gate.

Brigade lumped Vergil onto the hard, cold floor, the great cough from our living cargo greatly amusing to both myself and the dear Doctor. Brigade stood, idle, waiting for me to begin what we had planned. I had the hide and the raw power to pound through dense materials, and although Harvey was stronger than I, his skin was barely thicker than a regular man, making his efforts pathetic when pursuing the goal of penetration. I rocketed my fists into the dull, grey mechanism and began to pull it apart with as much conviction as I could. Slowly and carefully the gap in the entrance was revealed, and I managed to haul it open enough for Brigade to slot his hands in.
One great push was all it took for the hulking man to split the two halves from each other, and Raithen hurriedly grabbed Vergil and pulled him into the catacombs after me, who was instructed to cover the front at all times due to my bullet resistance and generally greater fighting ability.

As the fatigue began to set in on my old friend, he launched himself forward, after we three, killing the last gleam of light into the dreadful tunnel. Now we were trapped in this labyrinth too. And I feared that it was not we who played the part of the Minotaur...
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

67 Reviews

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:15 am
DarknecrosisX says...

Pressure

Seven beams of piercing white light fought the endless darkness, shuddering with unease as fear gripped us all- though some more than others. Quartermaster's demeanor seemed to be more inquisitive rather than scared, with an equal measure of alertness. I had no idea how I felt; I was numb. It was something about this place- its dankness, its mystery, its atmosphere of doom.
For seconds, or minutes, or possibly even hours we wandered down a straight corridor, until finally we came to a t-junction. It was simply a situation of pure chance, there were no indicators as to which way the group had been for no footprints could be left in the murky, shallow waters in which we trod, nor were there marks on the walls of the tunnel.
Left or right?

"I can't detect any signs of recent temperate activity, so we'll have to guess which way they went," Quartermaster said, clarifying our predicament to our section of guards. As we stood, considering non-existent pros and cons to the left and right, a growl echoed eerily to our right.

"I vote left," one of the group chuckled unsteadily.

"Nonsense!" replied our warden, slapping the man on the shoulder forcefully, quite clearly in scolding for being cowardly. "That sound means mischief, something I happen to be magnetised to."

"And," I interrupted, "on the side of logic, the sooner we become acquainted with the denizens of this horrific place, the more prepared we shall be should we run into more of them."

"What kind of an incentive is that?" Quartermaster scoffed ironically. I decided to ignore his defiant humour and continued forward to investigate the source of the sound we heard.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

Random avatar

Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:32 pm
kayfortnight says...

Spoiler! :
I thought this was dead

Emmy

I listen carefully, planning on running if anyone approaches. I didn't have Dolly or Jackie anymore to protect me, and Prezzie and Raithen could resist my influence. I was hoping Raithen would see we could be on the same side, but I'd be in big trouble if I ran into Prezzie again. Unless, of course, he met Dolly...

I got up to head for the catacombs. I had waited long enough to give Raithen a lead, and maybe I could catch Dolly and amend her orders. She scared even me sometimes; her greatest desire was to kill, and she even wanted to kill me.

When I reached the catacomb doors, I noticed with unease that they had been wrenched off their hinges. Dolly was angrier than usual.

67 Reviews

Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:12 am
DarknecrosisX says...

Spoiler! :
Yeah, that's not going to happen. This is (was) a unique idea for the chit chat forum, and probably one of the best, if I do say so myself.

Basilisk

Well, Vergil had one thing to thank us for- at least his feet weren't getting soaked in the grimy waters of the catacombs. It was like a sewer down here, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if these passages doubled as them. I, for the most part, guided the group-;my ability to smell keenly and detect heat signatures rarely failed me, and was much better than the alternative- feeling around for directions. The tunnel was pitch black, and Raithen knew well enough to stick close to me in case of anything bad happening, Brigade could probably handle himself if it came down to a confrontation.

As we carried on through the spelunking of the tunnel, little was said, Brigade knew he'd have little to no understanding of the plot Raithen and I had become a part of, as well as our plans for Pressure and the Warden. Needless to say, he did take a particular liking to the word 'destroy' when their names popped up.
Still we maintained our element of surprise to the security group, and when we reached a little split pathway in the catacombs all I required was a quick sniff of the air to figure out that they had headed to the right. But something didn't sit well with me. I couldn't put my claw on it, but there was something weird going on. It hadn't struck me before, but the weaponry the guards used were made by Leech Corporations; although my hide wouldn't change, it would negate my freakish strength- yet that didn't happen when I rescued Raithen. Was it the Doctor that was responsible for this? Or was there a greater power at work...
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

Reviews: 3
Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:47 pm
RedEyedRunt says...

Harley Quinn

i peered out of my cell and waved to Mr. J. He rolled his eyes and then faked a smile. I sighed and attacked my cot leaping onto it. Then the guards unlocked all those maniacs and lead them to the cafeteria. Finally a guard unlocked my cell and lead me with the rest of the group. when i saw an opportunity i tried to punch the guard but he hurt me! Now that's crazy! *hysterical laughter*
Winterfell is cold.

Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads.
— Marianne Moore