z

Young Writers Society

Winter Wonderland

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:02 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Welcome to Rimestone Park! It always snows here, but that makes it a very popular place for tourists, as well as winter-sports and romantic holidays. The slopes are the perfect place to ski and snowboard, and the cozy cafe an amazing relaxation spot. There is only one rule, enjoy yourself!

^Metaphorically, here are the rules for this chit-chat:
No sex
No inappropriate language
No trolling
Put the name of your character at the top of each post; you can have more than one person at a time.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

67 Reviews

Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:20 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Zack

I took a seat at the frozen fountain, my insulated trousers still allowing the bitter cold to conduct through. I scratched my stubble and looked up at the slopes, I hadn't skiied for a while, but I could give it a go. I needed a while to get away from the office, I was sure that the Rea Law Offices could do without me for a week or two. A vacation was the first thing on my cards for a month now. It was a shame I broke it of with courtney a week before, but I wasn't willing to bring a cheat with me on holiday. I shook this thought to the back of my mind, and let out a large sigh; the air growing warm and steamy.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:40 pm
FlowerPower says...

Cara

I made it off the bus and onto the snow the crunched under my feet. I looked back at the bus as it drove off and thought about what I was doing. This was my first time being away from home without anyone to lean on if things got rough. I sighed and continued my journey up the mountain to reach the ski lodge; taking in the beautiful landscape as I went. "Relax", I told myself, "This is going to be fun. I hope"
"It's better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission."

"Sometimes it's best to leap before you look."

Formerly known as FlowerPower ^_^ (Until TheClosetKidnapper decided to go psycho)

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:51 pm
Anoia says...

Carmen

I felt the gleaming snow mould around my fur-topped boots, crisp and new. Grinning, I ran forward and turned a cartwheel, and another. Bliss. I paused in my jubilation, spotting a man seated across the courtyard, at the fountain. Blushing as I thought of how I must look, spinning around like a child, I straightened my padded jacket and walked self-consciously over to where he sat, framed by the tumbling icicles, the water from the fountain frozen in a beautiful cascade. "Umm, hey," I smiled, extending a mitten-clad hand towards the stranger. "Will you be staying here long? I'm just starting my holiday. Oh, I'm Carmen, by the way."
"What we're trying to do is to write cricket bats, so that when we throw up an idea and give it a little knock, it might...travel."

67 Reviews

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:34 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Zack

A young woman sat next to me on the fountain, and spritely introduced herself. I took off my thick, black ski glove and shook her hand. "Very nice to meet you miss Carmen," I smiled "name's Zackary Rea, but you can call me your..." I paused. Old habits died hard I guessed. "I mean, you can call me Zack" I tried again, being a lawyer definately made a large impression on my social life.

She looked at my bare hand. "Introductions must always be made personally, how else will you trust somebody?" I stated, one of my key rules of being a lawyer. "I'm only planning on sitting here for a few minutes," I joked "but I'm here for two weeks, just to get away from work and home. I hope you have a wonderful time here, it seems like a really fun place".
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

9 Reviews

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:41 pm
Anoia says...

Carmen

I giggled as the serious man by my side stuck out his bared hand. "Well," I smiled, pulling off my own mitten, "here you are, then." We shook hands solemnly, and then sat in silence a second, before I said: "So, you're here a couple of weeks? Cool! I'm only staying 10 days, unfortunately- have to get back to work." I pulled a mock-sad face, and then asked, "So, what do you do? For work, I mean."
"What we're trying to do is to write cricket bats, so that when we throw up an idea and give it a little knock, it might...travel."

67 Reviews

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:48 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Zack

"I know how you feel," I chuckled "work does get a bit tiresome at times. Myself? I'm a lawyer at Rea Law Offices. The Head of department, actually" I playfully boasted. "How about yourself? You look like you have an interesting story" I inquired, smiling.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

9 Reviews

Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:58 pm
View Likes
Anoia says...

"A lawyer, huh? Well, that's pretty cool." I grinned, and said: "Me? I'm a private investigator. Y'know, solving crimes and all that jazz." Sounds waaay cooler than it is, I thought, but I don't have to mention that. Or that I'm here on my first ever proper case. Or that if I screw up, I get fired... I felt a cloud of gloom swooping in, and banished it with a sunny smile. C'mon, Carmen, I thought. This is your big break, girl! Make the most of it... or you'll have me to answer to!

67 Reviews

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:45 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Zack

Wow, a private investigator, not many of those around any more. I bobbed my head in reply, and I saw as her face changed in tint ever so slightly, then transition straight back to sunshine and happiness. I chuckled. "Well," I said "I'm gonna head up the slopes. Going to join me?"
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:37 am
PixieStix says...

Mia Charlotte-
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 96-594.jpg

http://image.imagesexplore.info/images/ ... 9-1931.jpg

a girl with Brown hair and red highlights with dark red lipstick gets dropped off. She is absoulutly beautiful in ways. She has large, dark brown eyes. She shivers, crossing her arms while walking over to two people, a girl and a handsome boy, talking, the boy about to leave. She waltzed over and sat down next to them. "Hey, I'm Mia." She introduced herself.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

67 Reviews

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:21 am
DarknecrosisX says...

Zack

A girl danced over to the frozen fountain where Carmen and I were sat. She introduced herself with the name of Mia. "Zackary Rea" I replied. i looked at Carmen. "Well, have fun here!" I smiled "you too" I nodded to the new girl. I managed to stand up from the fountain and begin to climb the concrete stairs to the side of the slopes. The mushy concoction of grit and slush made an odd squishy sound as I progressed, but I was glad I wasn't tumbling down the steps.

I reached the shack at the top of the slope, and made my way inside. The interior was a deep pine, and was well illuminated and heated by the trapped fireplace at the border of the room. Above the counter sat skiis, snowboards, and a variation of other winter sport equipment. The clerk emerged from the store room and stood behind the counter. He looked up. "How may I help you?" he sighed. I guess work gets to everyone.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

9 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:02 pm
Anoia says...

Carmen

I nodded my greeting to the new arrival, who introduced herself as Mia, saying "Hey, my name's Carmen," then rose to my feet, preparing to follow after Zack. I smiled at Mia, and said: "Well, guess I'll see you round, then... Unless you feel like joining us on the slopes?" I struggled up the slush-coated steps, and pushed open the door, a wave of heat hitting me in a welcome blast. Zack was already talking to a gloomy-looking clerk, so I skipped over to the counter and waited my turn behind him. He look back as I lined up, and smiled. Bobbing my head, I waved in response, looking at my shoes to hide the blush that I could feel glowing on my usually-pale cheeks.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:59 pm
FlowerPower says...

Cara

As I walked up the mountain to start of my vacation I noticed a group of people, and went to introduce myself. Maybe they could point me in the right direction. As I opened the door I was rushed with a burst of warm air that seemed to envelope the entire lodge. "Hi." I waved and they all smiled back.
"It's better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission."

"Sometimes it's best to leap before you look."

Formerly known as FlowerPower ^_^ (Until TheClosetKidnapper decided to go psycho)

9 Reviews

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:47 pm
Anoia says...

Carmen

A girl walked in behind me and introduced herself as Cara. I welcomed her to the resort, and asked her if there was anything I could help her with. "I've only just arrived myself, but if I can help then just let me know." I smiled warmly at the girl as she thawed out beneath the heater in the ceiling. "There's a girl called Mia outside, and this-" I gestured to Zack, who had turned to listen, "is Zack." He grinned and waved, looking at me before he turned back to consult the clerk at the desk. "Zack and I were going to hit the slopes," I explained. "Do you ski, or are you more of a snowboarding girl?"

67 Reviews

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:28 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Zack

A new girl named Cara burst into the shack and introduced herself, I had the common courtesy to do the same, although Carmen had managed to do it for me. I smiled and then turned back to the clerk, asking for a pair of skiis. Remembering I had company, I pivoted right back around to Carmen and Cara. "So, what do you two need?" I inquired.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

I don't care what the miserable excuse is for showing the death of books, live, on screen. Men, I could understand; but books! -
— Edwin Morgan, From the Video Box 2