z

Young Writers Society

Winter Wonderland

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:27 pm
FlowerPower says...

The small group welcomed me in whole heartedly as if they had known me forever. "um I'm more of a snowboarder myself, but I'm up for anything. This is my first time here at this resort so I hope you wouldn't mind if I tagged along." I smiled hoping they would accept me even though I did want to be alone. "I hope I'm not intruding on a romantic get-away or something." I blushed and lowered my head.
"It's better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission."

"Sometimes it's best to leap before you look."

Formerly known as FlowerPower ^_^ (Until TheClosetKidnapper decided to go psycho)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:34 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Zack

"Oh no, of course not" I said gritting my teeth in the slight awkwardness of the suggestion. "Well, that's one snowboard and one pair of skiis, how about you Carmen?" I asked, avoiding the impatient stare of the clerk.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:43 pm
Anoia says...

Carmen

I looked down awkwardly, and muttered, "Oh, skiis for me, thanks. And don't worry about tagging along- you're welcome to join." I smiled reassuringly at the girl opposite.

Glancing up at Zack, I saw he looked uncomfortable, and wondered why. It hadn't been that awkward- just a mistake, after all. I gave him my warmest smile, to show no harm done, and he smiled back. I relaxed a little, relieved that our new friendship was still intact.
"What we're trying to do is to write cricket bats, so that when we throw up an idea and give it a little knock, it might...travel."

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:33 pm
View Likes
FlowerPower says...

I smiled graciously, and collected my snowboard from the counter. "So do you guys come here often." I turned away realizing how corny I must have sounded. " They laughed at my awkwardness and made their way out the door.
"It's better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission."

"Sometimes it's best to leap before you look."

Formerly known as FlowerPower ^_^ (Until TheClosetKidnapper decided to go psycho)

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:31 pm
Icleminiangel says...

Jamie-
I passed the frozen fountain and stared at it in awe, it was so beautiful. I kept walking until I got indoors and rejoyced at the sudden rush of warm air I hadn't realised how cold I actually was. I asked for directions from a group of people hoping that they were regulars here, they were two women and a man. " ummm hi, do you know where I need to go?" I gestured to the snowboard that I was currently holding.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:56 am
Kelpies says...

Spoiler! :
If this isn't in use anymore... sorry!

[i]Isdand/i]

I limped into a park, something of a garden, but coated in snow. I didn't know how long I'd been walking, but it shouldn't be winter yet. My blood-spattered wings clung to my feather-garbed frame as the blood started to freeze. My gashed leg gave way under me and I fell, into the hard-packed snow. Hard packed, and covered in foot prints. I looked up through my freezing eye lashes that weighed heavily on my eyes. A building, warm light filtered through the windows. But could I trust it as a safe dwelling? Last person I trusted with anything had attempted to de-wing me. It was my only hope, my blood wasn't going to stay warm forever, especially with the inconvenience of being cold-blooded. I crawled through the door, and passed out on the floor right after I had seen a girl gasp, on her way to the slopes I thought as I drifted off, by the skiis the clerk was handing her over the counter.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

Anne felt that life was really not worth living without puffed sleeves.
— L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables