z

Young Writers Society

The Sci-fi Nightclub

Reviews: 4
Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:50 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Addy

It was clear that the Umbrian wasn't going to talk--not while he was sober, anyway.

"Two Respeni Supernovas, please," I said to the bartender. I had built up a fair amount of tolerance to Supernovas, especially since I'd started visiting the Endeavor's lounge with Vesper, our Respeni shrink, but they were almost impossible to find on Umbra. Did Umbra have any liquor? They must have--but they didn't import any from other planets, that I knew.

As the bartender mixed the drinks, I glanced at the Umbrian again. He had to be working for Astraea--how else would he have gotten here? The Umbrians weren't an advanced civilization, by any means--no interstellar travel, no fusion power...not even a real space program, if I was remembering correctly. But this Umbrian had hitched a ride--on Astraea's interceptor.

I pushed one of the Supernovas toward the Umbrian. "Drink up," I said, taking a sip of mine. He obviously didn't like the flirting (although I didn't blame him; after Astraea, I probably looked cartoonish) but a Supernova or two would do the trick, especially since the Umbrian wouldn't be used to Respeni liquor.
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:06 pm
Omni says...

Omniyus

This is very irritating. I thought. I had ditched the Tallboy because it was making me a little light headed and I needed to be at my best attention. The 'Addy' girl was rambling on and on about different topics, burning through them fast then a piece of wood doused with gasoline. In between changing topics, she shouted at the bartender to get a drink for her and I.

I don't know much about alcohol, since my homeworld shun it from most societies, but I know most drinks are full with alcohol.

Her order caught me, but only for a second had my emotions showed on my face. Respeni I heard that name before. Astraea had mentioned it. My smile became forced, and I was wary of this 'Addy.' I glanced back at the Projects. They were still talking with the other person.

I smiled at Addy. "Excuse me, I'll pay for the drinks, but I think I had far enough." She smiled, but pulled me back into the barstool by my shirtsleeve.

"I'll pay for this drink, and really, this is very good." This ought to be interesting.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:02 am
SidereaAquila says...

Addy

"Don't worry," I said to the Umbrian, being careful not to lie outright. "It's really sweet. See?" I took a sip of my Supernova. "Just tastes like fruit."

The Umbrian took a small, hesitant sip of his drink. "What's in this?" he asked. He sounded genuinely curious.

"It's myurlum fruit juice," I replied, slurring the syllables together like Finch, the Endeavor's linguist, had told me to. "Myurlum grows in the Respen highlands. You've heard of Respens, haven't you? That small planet in the Achernar system?"

LIZARD!!!!!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:21 pm
Omni says...

Omniyus

I nodded curtly. Respen and I were not on the best of occasions. The drink was sweet and tasted like fruit, but there was a bit of an aftertaste...

I felt my head nodding. "I'm so sorry, I must be tired. I am bad company.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:13 am
SidereaAquila says...

Aster

"No, you're not!" Addy said to the Umbrian, giving him a little bump on the arm. "You're great company. So what brings you out here?"

"Isn't staring going to give you away?" Project 100 remarked.

I glanced back at him, just noticing that my eyes had been locked on the Umbrian. "I don't like Addy over there on her own," I said. "It's too soon after her injury..." I shook my head, not caring that I was rambling to myself. "Never, ever give an Umbrian a projectile weapon," I muttered to myself. "Bunch of trigger-happy--"

"Aster!" Addy called. "Come over here! This is..." She looked back at the Umbrian, who was staring down at his drink. "What did you say your name was?"

LIZARD!!!!!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:15 pm
Omni says...

Omniyus

Addy's friend has been staring at me for a while, and now, Addy invited him over.

"What did you say your name was?" Addy asked.

"I didn't." I said abruptly. I stood and bowed lightly to her. "Thank you for your company, but I really must be going..." As soon as I stood up, the two Projects were in front of me.

Addy stood up, and her friend joined her. She seemed to be in a bubbly mood, which far contradicted mine. "Well, you should tell us your name."

sass levels loading

[he/him]

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:50 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Project 100

I stood in front of the Umbrian, supporting Addy as she continued her questioning; this was simply a facade to avoid any more inquiry about the position or business of my master (biological weapon manufacturing warmongers never were popular). The Umbrian was certainly stubborn, but he wasn't going anywhere- not while '98 and I were stood here.

I wanted to get out of the club as soon as this predicament was finished, but the situation was becoming more and more strenuous, and this mission dossier wasn't going to analyse itself. '98 leaned forwards and whispered in a pitch far higher than a biological being could perceive.

"As much as mutilating all forms of life in this place would amuse me, should we be discovered, I certainly think it's time we call it a night. Lash may be nice enough to give us some R and R, but even a psycho has his limits."

I nodded my head in agreement, and Aster turned to me, inquisitive, oblivious to what my fellow droid had said. He turned back to the situation at hand, however.

Another thing that I was surprised about was how many people had seemed to recognise us, had our blueprints really been taken into mass production by some interstellar company? Well, it didn't matter, Lash corp. is the only facility that possesses our level of SF technology.
Last edited by DarknecrosisX on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:06 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Addy

Next to me, Aster stood stiffly, staring at a point on the Umbrian's forehead. If he didn't turn his program off soon, he'd lose it. I elbowed him gently, and he gave me the tiniest of nods, to let me know I'd gotten his message. He blinked once, and his face went blank, his entire frame relaxing.

"Alright," I said to the Umbrian, keeping my voice nonchalant. "If you won't tell me your name, then will you tell me what ship you arrived in? Surely you came here by starship."

When the Umbrian hesitated, Aster took a small step forward. "We detected several in the area," he said--a lie, but a good one; Aster's face didn't move a bit. "Is it...the Electra, perhaps? Or the Divinity?"

LIZARD!!!!!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:01 pm
Omni says...

Omniyus

My jaws tightened and I could swear that the vein in my forehead was about to pop. "I know of no ship." I said curtly. I heard a light whine. The projects were talking with another.

My staff was right next to me, only in a different dimension. With only a small whistle, I could grab it and finish the people. The Projects would be a little difficult, but I'm sure I could finish them with a little luck. The Divinty was outside, ready to send in troops at a moment's notice, but I have not gotten what I was sent here for. "I know you robots like to stay in one piece, so I would advise you to step aside and let me be on my way. On my way to the... Divinity."

sass levels loading

[he/him]

67 Reviews

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:40 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Project 100

I would have winced in reaction to what the Umbrian had said if I had the ability, because at this rate, his chances of being whole were becoming very slim. '98 had an ego of diamond; indestructible but easily dirtied, and his reactions were all but pacifistic. As the words left the being's mouth I had sensed my fellow droid's rage build up and overflow, like lava bubbling from the mouth of a volcano.

If the Project had taken one more pace forward, those diffusion blades would be out in a flash, and the Umbrian counting his last few seconds, but I had managed to keep my ally restrained by shoving my hands backwards; I was much stronger than he. The man had made his point, and I, unlike my colleague, had a sense of humility, which I used to excuse myself from the situation at hand; it was a perfect way to get away without further inquiries from anyone here.

"Very well, I have no means to waste your time any longer, but I would certainly keep an eye out for those two," I smiled with my robotic face, "they have been known to be a bit... troublesome" I lied, leaving the duo with a final piece of help.

'98 was still clawing at the Umbrian, and I had to drag him, quite comically I may add, from the club, grunting and cursing in his piercing tone.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:10 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Aster

That did it. I had put up with Astraea for too long; I wasn't about to let this Umbrian escape.

I pulled out my rader and stepped between the Umbrian and the door. "Don't move," I ordered, in what Addy called my "evil Aster" voice. "Don't call me a robot, and don't touch the science officer." I took a millisecond to glance behind myself at Addy--she was already halfway across the bar, barking into her transmitter.

I would protect Addy if I had to, but the last thing I needed was a fight in a crowded club. Biological beings didn't hold up well against me--not purely biological ones, at least. "What did Astraea tell you?" I asked the Umbrian. "What did she say to trick you into following her? I'd think it would take a great deal of persuasion to get that many of you on a starship. What did she promise you?"

LIZARD!!!!!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:31 am
Omni says...

Omniyus

I laughed. Just as I expected. One of the Projects was scrambling to get at me, and the other was pushing him out the door of the bar. Smart idea, come to think of it.

Turning to Aster, who was beyond furious, I smiled a wicked smile. "You have no clue who I am? Really, now that is purely disapointing." I faked a sigh. "I know all about you, and why you're following us. And I overheard your conversation with those Projects. The truth is, this is the beginning of something much, much bigger than you, me , or either of our masters." I leaned in, so that even with all the music blaring in the background, Aster would still be able to hear me. "You want to know who I am, Aster? I am Omniyus, First Officer of Astraea. Fight me if you want, but I guarantee you will not be able to land one hit on me." With a huge flourish of my hand, I grabbed my staff and slammed it against the floor. All the music stopped.

I sent a wink to Addy and bowed to Aster. "Farewell, and may your trek to find the Divinity ever put us on the path to meet once again." I slammed the staff once more, and teleported.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:45 am
SidereaAquila says...

Aster

"Oh, no you don't!" Addy shouted from across the club. She ran over, but by the time she got to me, Omniyus was already gone.

"Callow, take us wherever he's going," Addy said into her transmitter. There was a mumbled reply from the engineer, and I felt an odd heating sensation as the Endeavor's teleporter steadied our atoms.

"He doesn't know who I am," I commented.

"Huh," Addy remarked. "You'd think the first officer would recognize you...how long were you there, again?"

"Well over three days." It had been five, actually--Astraea had held me hostage for five days before the crew had saved me.

Just before we were teleported, Addy turned to me again. "You still have those files, right?" she asked.

"Of course," I answered. Astraea would have to learn to pay more attention to her victims--I was a marvelous computer hacker, and when she kidnapped me, I had taken the opportunity to copy everything in the Divinity's computer. "Looks like they're charting a course to Aurin," I said. "We'll have to--"

Then, with a sensation much like being flung out of a slingshot, Addy and I teleported.

LIZARD!!!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:00 am
Romi says...

As I walked to my table,I saw the other flamers sitting with a few humans.I heard the other guests snicker as I ordered a martini-the humans were the ones who usually order Earth drinks.Most of my kind despise these beverages.I saw an Etrosian walking toward me,he reached out with his massive hand and threw my drink in my face-I hated the Etrosians.they were big,stupid and aggresive-often without reason.He started making rude remarks and I lost it.I drew up a fireball and hit him with it smack in the face sending him flying accross the bar.I got up and started for the door.I heard heavy footseps behind me and as I turned around ,a meaty fist connected with my face felling me.I saw him towering above me as I struggled to stay conscious.He lifted me in a choke and drew back his arm to punch me.With one last ounce of strength I flamed my whole body,burning him.He screamed in pain,clutching his hand as I gave him a kick to the jaw in mid-air.The last thing I remembered before slipping into unconsciousness was the other guests surrounding us to see if we were alright.

67 Reviews

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:21 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Ra-Chak-Zid

The world seemed to move in surreal frames of flashing light: a static existence of brightness that subsided into pitch-black darkness in less than a quarter of a second. The strobe effects were already causing me trouble in my fore-brain, so I found that I was becoming a victim of dizziness.

I stumbled across to the bar on the first floor, groping for support so I didn't collapse to the ground. I was glad to see that the effect dissapated and was replaced by a seductive and smooth wave of magenta and blue, soothing my six narrow crimson eyes. I shifted my jaw side-to-side, my mandibles stretching and ironing out any cramps in my mouth. I rested my midnight-blue arm on the bar surface, gazing around the club in search for any sign of suspicious activity.

Being a bounty hunter was hard work for the vast majority of the time, but there were times when jobs could be more... casual. Thankfully, despite the importance of this assassination, this contract was indeed one of the latter, therefore allowing to take a bit of relaxation time in one of the most renowned night-clubs in the entirety of the charted universe.

I was slightly surprised when a Kaleesh bartender appeared when I turned to order a drink, but at the same time we Chiaropoids were supposed to be pacifistic- and look at me. "Good evening," I cocked my head. "Erm, what's the best drink you serve here?" I inquire.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
— Martin Luther King Jr.