z

Young Writers Society

The Sci-fi Nightclub

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:19 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Project 100

So '98 is having a little temper tantrum. Let him, compromising Lash's orders is a one-way ticket to trouble. He takes all into account. Project 98 was always spouting nonsense about his intricacy and elegance, but he was just as insane as he was when I first became myself. He was not elegant, he was chaos- the definition of it. It was quite poetic really; I was designed to follow commands and demonstrate perfect order, while '98 was unstructured and spontaneous.

Astraea was an enemy of Lash Enterprises (almost everyone was), but I had been ordered to remain passive until conflict presented itself, which it hadn't... yet. I allowed '98 to go and do his own thing while I undertook a full-scale observation of the club: temperature, structure, altitude, sturdiness, etc. It wasn't long before I realised that a dropship was approaching the nightclub. Initially I presumed it would be the return of Mercury, yet the technology on board was not of the correct calibre to deal with a public engagement- it was much too heavy. Whatever was about to happen, it was going to be loud.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

Irresponsibly-conceived assignments don't deserve responsibly-executed complies.
— Persistence