Young Writers Society

RP your character here!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:11 am
Mageheart says...

Oceanus:
As the waiter goes to yet again get us more food-more specifically me-I notice a girl out of the corner of my eye. She's rushing into the bathroom, a napkin held up against her mouth.
"Nosebleed." Will guesses. I give a nod, yet something still doesn't seem right. My focus changes to the food that we are soon served, and I quickly devour the salty fries.
But then, as I finish eating, she reappears. The napkin has been discarded into the trash, and there is no sign of the "nosebleed".
Me being me, I get to my feet and drag Will over to her. I stick my hand out. " Brook." I introduce myself using that name, gaining a barely hidden snicker from my boyfriend. I cough something that sounds suspiciously like Wilhelmina. A blush spreads across his face.
I point back at Will. "This is my boyfriend and soon to be husband-"
Will grabs my arm and brings me away. "Oceanus, humans don't get married at the same age we can. Right now we're still a little on the young side." I pout and give a sigh. Why do humans have to be so...I don't know, rule-loving? We return to the girl's table, who now has a look of intense confusion on her face.
"This is my wonderful boyfriend and not-soon-to-be-husband William Knight."
Will face-palms.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Reviews: 3
Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:31 pm
View Likes
RedEyedRunt says...

I look at the boys in confusion.

I shook his hand back,

"My name's Jackie, nice to meet you."

Boy the heat in here was hot, I wiped a piece of food off the corner of my mouth . . . Uh oh. Not the best choice. But barely anything was showing. I laugh nervously,

"Oops, well look at the time. I really must move to another table"

Well that came off wrong and rude. So I quickly apologized and sat back down.

"Hey, I didn't mean for that to come off rude, but I'm kind of in a crisis right now, but it's nice to meet you!"

I said that wrong, again. Last try.

"I'm sorry, my brain is acting up again, would you like to chat?"
Winterfell is cold.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:59 pm
Mageheart says...

Oceanus:
Will and I exchange glances. We both agree on one thing-Jackie is an even worse liar than I am. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a small, barely noticeable scar showing near her mouth. It's nothing more than a tiny dot, really. Will doesn't notice it.
I smirk. Genius idiot yet again. Though, in this case, it could be because Will doesn't have as good eyesight as a human.
I pull out a chair. Being as princelike as possible, I gesture for my boyfriend to sit down. "We'd love to." I say as I get into my seat. I rest my head in my hands and stare at Jackie with my green eyes. "So, like the rain much?" Out of habit I reach a hand up to twirl a strand of my usually long hair around my fingers, only to realize that my hair is a little on the short side now. I settle with trying to flatten my hair, hoping that it would be convincing to the human sitting across from us.
mage

queer and here.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:04 pm
View Likes
RedEyedRunt says...

"I somewhat like the rain. It feels really good, but where I live, it doesn't rain much."

The compulsive lying had to stop, but I had to cover myself up.

I needed to tell someone, that I could trust. I felt as if I could trust this one. I sigh and say in a concerned tone,

"I know that this will sound really weird, but I feel like I can trust you,"
Winterfell is cold.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:18 pm
Mageheart says...

Oceanus:
We once exchange glances. Will pushes up his glasses ever so slightly. "What do you mean by that-" My boyfriend begins, but I interrupt him.
"You're some sort of non-human creature that wants to experience the human world so you're using a temporary human form."
Jackie stares at the two of us. From that, I have the sneaking suspicion that my theory is totally wrong. I give an obviously fake laugh, gaining another face-palm from Will.
"Alright, scratch that. Forget I ever said anything about me not being human-I mean, me thinking you're not human." Will's face palm turns into a worry filled look. I'm coming so close to revealing the truth. The truth we can't reveal, or the two of us will end up in a lab for the rest of our lives once we're caught. "So." I awkwardly say. "The whole trust thing. Why do you think you can trust the two of us, and what do you want to trust us with?"
mage

queer and here.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:17 pm
View Likes
RedEyedRunt says...

"Everyone else doesn't care, they don't like to chat with strangers these days. But you guys actually talked to me for once."

Then, I paused,

"I doubt you know who the Joker is . . . do you??"
Winterfell is cold.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:55 pm
Mageheart says...

Oceanus:
The name doesn't ring any bells. But when I glance at Will, he's giving her a look that clearly says he believes that she's insane. "I need to talk to my boyfriend for a second. Please excuse us, Jackie." He gets to his feet. Will drags me away from her.
"What did you do that-" I loudly question. He puts a finger to his lips.
"The Joker is a fictional character. I know of him from when I was human. I wasn't a big fan of superheroes-" He sighs at my look of confusion. "Superheroes are usually ordinary humans with powers that other humans don't have. They're all fictional. The Joker is a villain for a superhero named Batman."
I stare at him for several more seconds before finally realizing his point. "So you think she's crazy because the Joker doesn't exist, and you think Jackie believes that he's the source of her secret problem."
"Yeah."
I think for a couple of minutes. I can tell that Jackie's getting worried from the looks that she keeps giving us. Then finally, I speak. "I'm a merman, Will. You were a human once, and now you've become a merman. I can ask Poseidon to grant wishes. Both of us appear to be humans right now. The whole fictional characters being real thing doesn't seem too farfetched, does it?"
He sighs. "No."
I smirk, happy to have won the argument. "Now let's go back." I march back over and sit down. Will quietly follows my example.
"Do you know who the Joker is?" Jackie repeats her question.
"Not quite." I reply.
mage

queer and here.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:44 pm
View Likes
Halfbloodcheetah says...

*Lyle, Jarrod, and Tamara fall out of the sky. Lyle is a anthropomorphic wolf, Jarrod is an anthropomorphic cheetah and Tamara is a pop star*

Jarrod lands sprawled on the ground and Lyle and Tamara fall on top of him. "Ow... UGH!" Jarrod winced as he looked up at Lyle. "Hey... random wolf dude... Get off me... Please..."

Lyle looked down at Jarrod and Tamara. "Sorry, cheetah-kid..." He got up and helped the girl up. "Sorry miss." He helped the cheetah up, "There! All better!" He clapped the cheetah boy on his back.

Jarrod winced as his back cracked a little.

Lyle's eyes widened, "Oh... Crap... Did I just break his..."

Jarrod shook his head, "No... I'm okay... Just need a few minutes to heal..." He turns to the others in the room, "I heard something about the Joker? The guy is awesome!"
Someone needs to make Captain Cold a fursona.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:11 am
View Likes
RedEyedRunt says...

When I heard someone utter the word joker, I spun around in fright. I started to stutter,

"Yes."

I started to stutter again,

"He's after me . . ."

They looked at me in confusion,

"He's my father . . ."

They looked at me as if I was crazy, I have to admit, maybe I was a little crazy but I gained my sanity back.

"I was insane at a time. But someone helped me gain my sanity back. He did horrible things to me, including this."

I slowly picked up a napkin and sighed. I wiped it across my cheeks, the haunting scarring grin forever etched on my face, now showing. I start to cry. . .
Winterfell is cold.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:17 pm
Mageheart says...

Oceanus:
After hesitating for a second, I give her a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder.
"We can help you, Jackie." Will offers, smiling.
"Yeah." I agree. "Though I may not look like it, I've been training with grown men from the moment I could walk."
Will stares at me strangely. "You have?"
I nod, then give him a smirk. "That's why I can outrun you so easily." My gaze turns back to Jackie. I know that I'm about to risk both my boyfriend and I's lives right now, but because no one seems to be making a fuss about the mutt and the cat, and because Jackie entrusted us her past, I know that this is the right thing to do.
I send a wish to Poseidon, and about five seconds later two mermans are standing next to Jackie.
"You're not the only one with a secret." I say. "My real name is Oceanus, not Brook. And I'm the youngest prince of an underwater kingdom."
Spoiler! :
I just realized we're all on the same review team. Go Team TARDIS!
mage

queer and here.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:12 pm
View Likes
RedEyedRunt says...

I look at the mermen, my mouth was wide open in shock, then, after a second, I pulled myself together and nodded politely.

"That would be amazing. Thank you. I should probably get my makeup on before does something bad. . ."

The prince looked puzzled,

"My father . . . If he finds me, he'll probably try to twist my mind again, but hopefully my friend won't let that happen . . ."

I nodded once more,

"If you could help me, that would be great."

I just wanted to be a normal girl, but I guess that won't happen anytime soon . . .
Winterfell is cold.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:16 pm
Mageheart says...

Oceanus:
"If your friend can't help you, you have me and Will!" I exclaim.
"We'll keep you sane." Will adds, getting to his feet. He gives a small smile. "Though I'm not as agile or strong as Oceanus, living underwater for the past year does help a lot in the physical department."
"And it does help that Poseidon has a bit of a guilt for sinking Atlantis." I point out. "He'll be glad to grant my wishes!"
"Do you need anything?" My boyfriend questions. "Though Oceanus gets tired from channeling the wishes, he hasn't really done any asking today."
mage

queer and here.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:51 pm
View Likes
RedEyedRunt says...

"Thank you, What's your phone number? Just in case he comes, and I need someone to walk me through on what to do."

I start to grab my purse and get ready to leave

(Just noticed that you changed your avatar, as soon as I started writing, I saw you changed.)
Winterfell is cold.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:57 pm
Mageheart says...

Oceanus:
"Ph-one?" I say slowly.
Will rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. "We don't have a cell. Oceanus hasn't even heard of one."
I rush to Jackie's side as she exits the building. "Though we may not have a ph-one, whatever that is, the two of us can stay by your side for awhile."
At her confused stare, I explain, "My mom and dad are visiting my aunt. My older brother is in charge. He would be fine with it."
"Actually, Triton wouldn't-" I put a finger up to my boyfriend's lips to stop him from speaking.
"Triton would be fine with it." I repeat.
Spoiler! :
Yeah, just changed it! Got a collage app on my phone and had some fun creating a new avatar. The picture isn't mine, unfortunately. My drawing skills suck! It's of Ptolemy from the Bartimaeus Trilogy. So I think we should take our leave now. Our characters (at least these three) have been here long enough. However, let's throw in some more of our beloved creations! Man, that was long!
mage

queer and here.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:01 pm
View Likes
RedEyedRunt says...

I looked at them, and nodded,

"Ok."

I heard my phone ring: A strange voice spoke into the phone:

"Hello Jackie, I'll be there in 10 minutes, I placed one of my gas container in your duffel bag, if you dare reach in it, you'll probably pass out, and I'll get to see my daughter again. Ta ta."

I started to breathe really fast. My only weapon was in there. I Almost passed out right on the spot. . .
Winterfell is cold.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me.
— Paul Simon