z

Young Writers Society

A School Of Corrupted Ones

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:10 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

This is a story about students who are considered as "Corrupted Ones", they are only considered this because they are Computer Viruses, Corrupted, Glitches, Forgotten, Or Can Shift The Figment Of Reality Itself, this all revolves around devices and anything with electricity, the most powerful ones are the ones that can shift the figment of reality itself, they mostly stay hidden beyond the others, the entire human population has gone extinct, the world is more advanced now and everyone is going against eachother, thats why theres a school for the offspring of the previous generation in order to help them get along and live together without war, you may be 1 of the 5, Computer Viruses, Glitches, Corrupted, Forgotten, Or Can Shift The Figment Of Reality, good luck and have fun! if you have any questions just PM me!

This is the OOCD -----> A School Of Corrupted Ones (OOC)

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:07 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

Ai walked into the school and looked around "this place is pretty big.." she then started walking to her dorm, waiting for her schedule to be given to her

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:29 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Do you think I could download this?" Melody asked, staring down at the glowing blue screen hovering above her hands.
"I'm not sure," Her brother Jamie replied, leaning over to look at it. "The Belgariad? Seriously? Of all the books you could choose..."
Melody looked up at him, raising an eyebrow. "Well then, what do you recommend?"
Jamie scanned the library, a large room full of shelves packed with hundreds of blue screens. "My god, all they've got is the old stuff. Moby Dick...Little Women...To Kill a Mockingbird... oh, hey."
He pulled a screen from one of the lower shelves. "Lord of the Flies is kind of interesting...you should read this."
Melody abandoned the screen she was holding. It drifted slowly across the room, bumping into a shelf on the other side.
"What's it about?" she asked.
"Bunch of British boys getting stranded on an island," Jamie replied.
"Do they survive?"
"...You'll see."
Melody narrowed her eyes, but took the screen anyway. Her morbid curiosity was too much to withhold. She stared down at it, scrolling through the first few pages.
"Looks interesting enough. I guess I'll have to read it manually...never know how it would react with my code if I downloaded it..." She glanced at Jamie. "I think I'm going to go back to my dorm now. Are you staying here?"
"Nah, I'm gonna find the cafeteria. Maybe they have something I can eat..."
Melody walked away, pulling the small brass key from her pocket. It seemed a little old-fashioned to have a physical key instead of a password, but she didn't mind. The antiquated coding didn't react with her glitchiness, something that had been growing steadily worse over the past few years. She clenched her fist around the key, feeling its smooth surface against the palm of her hand.
Melody knew she wasn't going to be around for much longer. Her coding was unstable, even for a glitch's. It unraveled like a ball of yarn, splitting her into smaller parts by the day. This was her last chance to get something out of life, before she evaporated into a jumble of broken zeros and ones.
Melody drifted down the hall, lost in thought. She didn't notice the other student walking her way until she bumped straight into them.

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:35 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she stumbled backwards, she dropped the stuff she was carrying and her hood fell off, revealing her black hair, she looked at the student "hey!" she picked her stuff back up and sighed

Random avatar

Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:45 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Sorry, sorry!" Melody squeaked, scrambling around for her dropped keys. She found them lying against the wall and scooped them up, breathing a sigh of relief. "I spaced out..."
The other student gave her a disgruntled look. She was only a couple inches taller than Melody, with multicolored eyes and a pierced nose.
"Wow, your eyes are really cool," Melody muttered, flinching as she glitched with static. "I'm Melody. What's your name?"

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:02 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she finished picking up her stuff and stood up straight "Ai or Aura" she shook her head as if she was trying to get back to her senses "its nice to meet you Melody" she noticed her hood was down and pulled the rest of her hair out from beneath her hoodie

Random avatar

Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:49 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Nice to meet you too," Melody smiled. "Are you going to your dorm? Mine's just down here. I'm in room C21."
She held up her key, showing Ai the number etched into the metal.

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:04 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"yes, i'm going to my dorm, its C20" she held up a key and showed melody

Random avatar

Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:11 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Oh cool, we're neighbors!" Melody's grin grew wider. Things were off to a pretty good start so far. A new friend, a new book--maybe her dads were right, and school was a good choice after all. Don't get your hopes up too high, She reminded herself. Things can always get worse...
"What's your schedule like?" She asked Ai. "Maybe we have some classes together!"

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:19 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"math is my first hour
english is my second hour
PE is my third hour
technology is my fourth
ethics is my fifth
art is my sixth
and a class called power of corrupted ones is my seventh
i have 1st lunch"

Random avatar

Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:13 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Looks like we've got English and Art together," Melody said, tilting her head. "My favorite part of Art class is sculpting. What about you?"

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:24 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"painting and sculpting"

Random avatar

Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:52 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Awesome! I've got to get to my dorm, it's getting kind of late...But it's been great to talk to you! See you in English, Ai!"

27 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:08 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

"you too" she then started walking to her dorm. that girl is quite odd, i didn't think anyone would talk to me so easily, i hope she didn't notice how i acted when my code was acting up... she sighed and walked into her dorm, sitting down on her bed

Random avatar

Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:30 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Melody walked away, fiddling with her key. Ai had seemed kind of...cold. Was she angry that Melody bumped into her?
Suddenly, the glitch's body buzzed, colored rectangles flickering violently around her. She sucked in a breath, closing her eyes.
Relax...relax... She breathed out slowly, trying to get her anxiety to fade. If she couldn't control her emotions, she would glitch wildly, only making her condition worse. She stood still for a few moments, letting her body stabilize somewhat before unlocking her dorm. The peely wood door screeched as it swung open, revealing a small, sparse room. The walls were painted a drab yellow-white, with a single small bed and lamp in the corner. Melody approached the bed cautiously, hand outstretched. She touched one finger to the greenish sheets, and--
Nothing happened. She sighed, relieved.
Old code...
Turning around, she flopped backward onto the lumpy bed, raising the blue screen of Lord of the Flies above her. She flipped to the first page and began reading.
The boy with fair hair lowered himself down the last few feet of rock and began to pick his way toward the lagoon. Though he had--
Melody was startled by a sudden buzzing in her arm. Only this wasn't a glitchy buzzing--it was the ding of a notification. She lifted her arm, spreading her thumb and forefinger into a sort of L-shape. Another, smaller screen appeared in the space between them. Displayed on its glowing blue surface was a text from Jamie.
'Did u find ur dorm?
Melody sent the reply with a thought, sent through the chip in her arm.
Yes. Pretty drab tho, could use some fresh paint...

"I'd be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!"
— Feltrix