"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:15 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Raeka wiped at the sweat beading on her forehead with the back of her hand. It was an uncharacteristically warm day for late March and it was made all the hotter by standing over a hot oven while making breakfast for her younger siblings. Mom hadn't come home last night, but that was hardly surprising. It was a Saturday. Raeka almost never saw their mother on the weekends.

Raeka pulled the tray of biscuits out of the oven and set it on the stove, then took a quick assessment. Biscuits -- check. Sausage gravy -- check. Scrambled eggs -- check. Shredded cheddar cheese -- still in the bag, but good enough, sitting on the counter -- check. Bacon -- check.

She pulled out a stack of plates and a fistful of forks and set them on the counter, then gave a sigh of contentment and nodded. Good enough. She made a plate for the toddler and walked over to the dining table to let it start cooling, then stepped towards the hall and shouted: "Food's ready! Come and get it!"

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
[they/he]

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:28 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Phoebe had rushed out of her room, filled up her plate, and flung herself in one of the dining room chairs before any of her other siblings even opened their doors. She immediately got to work on her breakfast, hardly pausing between bites. "Gohd mornungh," she mumbled through a mouthful to Raeka, chewing rapidly for a few seconds before she swallowed. "Wow, the bacon is really good today."
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:42 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

A minute later, Milan slid into the room on sock-covered feet, texting with one hand. They sniffed the air, smiled, then took the chair next to Phoebe and set their phone down.

As Milan started shoveling some scrambled eggs onto their plate, they said, “Morning! Thanks for breakfast, Rae. And has anyone noticed the overpowering smell of garlic in the bathroom? Because I would very much like to take credit for that, thanks.” They dumped a heap of cheese onto their eggs.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:50 am
View Likes
Lovestrike says...

Marshall threw on their jacket in a hurry. He hastily fastened the he/they pin to the jacket's collar, and then he ran a hand through his hair. They hadn't gone bald overnight, which surprised them. Always a good thing though! Marsh knew his siblings well, especially their fondness for fooling around.

He waltzed into the kitchen like he did any other day, half-asleep. The smell alone had their stomach howling. Wow, food was good motivation!

But wait. Scrambled eggs?

"Raeka, you know I don't like my eggs scrambled!"
Didn’t Sappho say her guts clutched up like this?
[Solstice, she/her]

935 Reviews

Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:30 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Raeka expected this flurry and had snatched the toddler out of the way to get him at the table, safe from their middle siblings' thunderous herd of hunger charging towards. She gave him a bit of biscuit.

"Morning." She nodded to Phoebe with a smile. "Glad you're enjoying." She looked up as their other siblings came in with what could only generously be considered a walk. She glanced at Marshall first. "There's more in the carton if you'd like to make your own." She'd learned long ago not to get phased by her siblings' pickiness. She'd never be able to make any food at all if she only cooked things every one of them liked. She tried to at least offer a diversity of foods so that everyone would have something they liked, but she wasn't fool enough to think everyone would like everything.

And then it hit her.

She turned back towards Milan, brow furrowing and eyes narrowing suspiciously. "What did you do?"

[they/he]

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:59 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Savi strolled in, looking significantly more awake than most of the others at the table, having run half a mile already to get here. Her hair was still wet from the shower and the wind had left it looking distinctly wild.

Savi put on her signature pout. "Raaaaaeeeee, did you make enough for me too?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

935 Reviews

Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:16 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Of course." Raeka waved her hand dismissively, barely glancing over at her. "Help yourself." She looked back at Milan. "What did you do? Why does the bathroom smell like garlic?"

[they/he]

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:35 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

“Oh, does it?” Phoebe groaned between bites of her bacon, shaking her head dismally. “Most tragic. Milan must be brought to justice for this hideous crime.” She raised her chin, giving her younger sibling a sly look out of the corner of her eye. “We should also find the three other misdeeds they’ve committed already this morning, because I’m sure there’s more.”

She leaned over to whisper to them, adding, “Not all of them are yours this morning, actually.”
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

243 Reviews

Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:41 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

“Of course not,” Milan whispered back. They winked. “Rae, the bathroom smells like garlic because garlic is such a fashionable smell nowadays. You’ve got to get with the times. Rose perfume? Nahh, garlic is in.” They scooped another spoonful of eggs into their mouth, chewed, and swallowed. “Hm, now what other pranks have I pulled off today? Come on, fam, help me remember.”
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

935 Reviews

Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:47 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“You’re cleaning it up,” Raeka huffed. “I don’t even want to know what you did.”

[they/he]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:13 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Bubbles slid into the room, xer white ponytail bouncing slightly with the force of xer movement and already wearing a grin that spoke of many crimes. “Hello my gracious family!”

They spotted Savi and grinned. “Savi! You’re already here!”

Ey rushed up to stand besides them. “Hello, hello. Thank you for breakfast, Rae! You’re the best! You’re loved and appreciated!”
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

243 Reviews

Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:29 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Milan grinned at Rae. “You sure you want me to do that? I was just learning in chemistry the other day just how many things ammonia can be used for…” They looked up at Bubbles. “I still don’t know how you manage to be that energetic without coffee.”
mint, she/her

=D

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:32 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Savi grinned as Bubbles popped in.

"Well some of us actually get up reasonably early you know." Savi pulled Bubbles into a side hug.

"Care to join me for breakfast now that you've finally shown up?"
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:37 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Bubbles hummed. “It’s called appreciation for this world. This amazing family.” They nodded. “Totally just that.”

Ey looped an arm through Savi’s. “And I would love to join you.”
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all -
— Emily Dickinson