z

Young Writers Society

Lost in Paradise

Reviews: 0
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:26 pm
xenoboy05 says...

A man offers you Paradise with a 'minor' price of playing a game with them. They tell you to "Sleep well tonight, we'll begin tomorrow." So you go home and rest up but when you wake, you...

Choose One

1. ...awaken on the forest floor surrounded by nothing but thick forestry. Inscribed on a tree near you reads, "Welcome to Paradise, enjoy freedom beyond the confines of normal life, but watch out for the hunters. They have different thoughts of what 'paradise' is. Welcome to the game."

2. ...awaken in a small cabin, guns and armor surround you and a note nearby reading, "Welcome to my game, I know your true nature and what 'fun' is to you. On this island, there are others who work along side you and others, you have free control to exterminate in whatever way you desire. Be careful though, I've given them an edge. Hidden weapons lie on this island for them. You may return here for rest and supplies. That is all, enjoy the hunt."
The world is a stage and a stage is a world of entertainment.

Why does anybody do anything? Shear absolute boredom!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:22 pm
xenoboy05 says...

Deznex groggily stood up and read the inscription on the tree. "This is the game?" He walked over and spotted what seemed to be a clearing. Deznex kept himself as well as his footsteps quiet, or at least as quiet as he could for the ground was covered in leaves. He did not trust what attention he could attract. As he approached the edge of the clearing he slowed to a stop and observed the other edges around the clearing. Deznex spotted no one.

He then went into the clearing and looked at the grocery be. "Perhaps they left us supplies?" He quietly asked himself. Then he realizes he was wearing the clothes he feel asleep in, jeans, a t-shirt, and some normal shoes. It was a long day the previous night and he was too exhausted to change. Maybe it would help. He checked his pockets, nothing. He felt a pinch on his arm and looked, a tick, likely from being on the forest floor. He plucked it off and continued searching.

Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:42 am
♌LEO226 says...

Leo wakes up in the middle of the forest and looks around confused. All that she knew before was gone. She read the inscription on the tree read that this was a game. "How can this be a game" She said aloud. She got up and looked in her little surrounding area. Taking in in the sights around her.

Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:31 pm
xenoboy05 says...

After some more searching Deznex spotted someone. "HELLO?" He asked, nervous yet desperate. He approached cautiously. "My name is Deznex, do you know what's happening?"

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:44 pm
ccarson says...

(I pick option 1)
@xenoboy05
Spoiler! :

Name: Cleo Carson
Other: She has a pair of wings on her back...

"No... I just woke up here. You aren't a hunter... are you?"
*Slowly backing away as she says this*
Last edited by ccarson on Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal Cleo Carson

Bucklin County Sheriff's Office

Cleo Carson and Bucklin County are purely fictional

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:35 pm
Amnesia says...

Spoiler! :
ill take option two since

Aries woke up, It took her a second to realize the ceiling she was staring at wasnt hers. Nothing had ever made her move so fast in life. In and instant she was out of the bed and crossing the room to the window. She looked outside and couldnt believe her eyes when she saw nothing but trees for miles around her. She turned back to the room and saw a desk with a note.

"This isnt a game, this is sick!" she yelled to no one as the note fell from her hands. She remembered the night before. She'd been walking back to her tent after her part time shift at a local store when a man had approached her.

"i can offer you a life without worry, a paradise for you, you just have to play a game of course to win" he had said smiling, it creeped her out to be honest and no one could ever promise a total paradise, not without a catch.

She had politely tried to decline his offer. "Sorry, I'm just trying to get home." She had said walking a little faster and trying to think of a place nearby she could possibly duck into to hide from this stranger.

He was persistent though he matched her stride. "Honey I promise you this is a risk free opportunity that not everyone is offered. this is a once in a life time opportunity youre passing up. It just a game, like hide and seek."

She stopped, out of options and just wanting to be left alone so she could go home and sleep.

"Sure, ill play the game, can you leave me alone so i can get to bed please." She said trying unsuccessfully to keep the venom out of her tone. The man just smiled and nodded.

"Sleep well tonight, the game will begin tomorrow" and before Aries could stop him the man walked away. She'd just shaken her head and gone home to bed.

She shook her head. She didnt understand what the note meant by her version of fun. But she could guess from the guns and weapons all over the cabin she found herself in she wasnt going to like it.
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:43 pm
ccarson says...

@Amnesia
[OOC] Let the games begin! :-)

"Alright," She said to herself, "If someone's hunting me, I've gotta be ready for them."
Carson picked up a sturdy-looking stick and started to sharpen it with a rock she found on the ground.
"Perfect!" She said, holding up her creation.
"Now... I better start walking." Carson would walk off into the woods, using her spear like a walking stick.
Corporal Cleo Carson

Bucklin County Sheriff's Office

Cleo Carson and Bucklin County are purely fictional

You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "chicken man"?
— Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid