z

Young Writers Society

The Legend of the Skipping Stone

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:04 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Torgga took a few steps back, taking her sword from Reggie's neck but keeping it raised. "Ghost hands? You too, eh?" She glanced between the groups again. "Isn't that fun. And we've been dropped on a ruddy ship, to boot?" That bit made her feel nauseous just thinking about it. Open water wasn't her strong suit; she was a Dwarf born and bred, raised under the mountain away from the sky and sea. This wasn't her comfort zone at all.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

4099 Reviews

Reviews: 4099
Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:48 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"That seems plausible," said Harry, with a nod before turning to the others," Vankous, keep an eye out for more incoming. We don't want any more to be bound here or things could get dicey. Stean, James, let's figure out exactly what this ship is and what we need to do."

He turned back to the three, taking a few steps closer to them. "Unfortunately we came here by choice to do a little cleanup, you're on board a ship that doesn't belong in this time or place, but it seems y'all will be along for the ride."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:59 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Max gulped. He didn't like the sound of that. He had already been displaced once before. If he was again and couldn't get back to the world he had been on last...

He glanced over at Reggie, who seemed completely undisturbed by this reveal.

...At least he had a friend with him this time.

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Reggie asked.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

4099 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:47 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Try very hard not to die," said Harry, before adding as an afterthought,"or worse."

"You don't have..." began Stean from where he was bending down to inspect the ship's timbers but was cut off by Vankous.

"Do not interrupt perfection."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:09 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Reggie furrowed his brow.

"There's a worse?" he asked, then looked at Max and remembered that there was, in fact, a worse.
mage

queer and here.

4099 Reviews

Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:46 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Yes," said Harry, simply. He could have elaborated. In fact, he probably should have, but this was most likely going to lead to a more entertaining reaction and he could just explain things a bit later.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:47 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Huh," Reggie said, and left it at that. He probably could have pushed it more, but Max looked nervous about this whole conversation topic. Maybe he was just nervous about this whole situation in general. His old world hadn't had much magic, save for whatever had brought him to Reggie's.
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:42 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Worse how?" Torgga asked warily. "Can't you just send us back home? I've got business to tend to. I can't spare time for some silly mistake on your part!"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:05 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I don't know," Reggie said, arms crossed and a hand underneath his chin. He seemed aware that she wasn't talking to him, but, knowing Reggie, also didn't really mind joining in anyways. "They weren't brought here by ghost hands, and came from why higher up than we did. Maybe they're here to take care of the ghost hands, and the ghost hands just happened to kidnap us right before they got here?"

Max shifted uncomfortably.

"...I think there's more than ghost hands," he said.

Reggie tilted his head ever so slightly to the side. "You think this is an entire ghost ship? I've never been one of those before."
mage

queer and here.

"Death is cheap, and so is life, but a reputation is not easily recovered."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi