The End of the Long Peace

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:55 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Join the Club here!

View the OOC here!

Peace has ruled the world for centuries following the collapse of the Katralonian Empire of old. After ending their wars with one another, the nations of the world have united in favor of building their economies and focusing on their interests. The yearly Global Economic Summit has come around again, one of the many technicalities and ceremonial events that govern the world at large. Something about this year is different, though. A villain lurks in the shadows, seeking to end this peace for their own gains. This Octobre, the 9998th year since the world began, marks the beginning of lasting change.

And it all started with a glass of bottle wine.

The Summit had kept the Long Peace intact for centuries. A document, the "Agreement," was signed every year by the leaders of every nation to show their devotion to keeping the peace and preventing war. But now, many have been murdered, assassinated at the Summit. Many fear that the Long Peace is at an end.

And it's very possible that they aren't wrong.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:16 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Arcturus Tilecthion was not certain who had died (nor why, for that matter) but he was certain that whoever it was had intentions to kill someone (or, for that matter, several someones) that ruled over the world and kept the peace.

Some fool wanted war.
Mr. Tilecthion had no intentions of starting one.

The Elf pinched the bridge of his nose, rubbing the corners of his eyes with the tips of his thumb and index finger. His stomach felt uneasy, but he knew that wasn't from the poison; he rarely, if ever, touched the ground. But that... theoretically, it would be more than enough for a fool to dare to make an accusation. Under typical circumstances, he had the ability to just throw star-gears (Belegas's currency) at this situation, but there were witnesses to someone's murder and he happened to be queasy right at the same time-- just after he had refused to consume alcohol.

What an unlucky day this has been for me, the Elf noted. And it can only become more unlucky from this point forward. How to rationalize this... take advantage of it... "Who is the poor fellow that just dropped dead?"
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:22 pm
View Likes
Kelisot says...

Sorry to ask, but am I allowed to join??? I'm new here, and I don't know how it works.
I like Gabber. I recommend that you should also listen to it.

beans

I think I have thankfully avoided being quoted.
— Lavvie