z

Young Writers Society

The Land of the Eternally Bound

4100 Reviews

Reviews: 4100
Sat May 15, 2021 4:15 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

You find yourself in a very, very dark room, to the point where you can't even see one foot in front of your face unless your characters have some sort of night vision xD. When they arrive, they're met by two seemingly normal people...who'll explain a couple of things.

A) They're very sorry for accidentally yeeting four people to a random spot

{So yeah..only four potential slots for this one. And basically...the way your character arrives is that they're walking along doing whatever it is they do usually and a dark black gateway opens and sucks them in like a big ol' vacuum. Before they know it, they're in said very, very dark room.}

B) The characters are stuck on an asteroid floating wayyy out in space, in a pocket dimension within several other pocket dimensions...aka...just really far from any kind of civilization and technically impossible to enter or exit

C) Even though no one is allowed to get out, there's a long forgotten pathway left, that they know of because of mysterious reasons of course and it treacherous but...with their guidance and help...its not impossible to find their way out.

And so yeah...they have to fight their way through some very serious monsters and solve some crazy riddles....all while in a planet that is designed to only sustain the dead...aka...there's no sun...soo...suuuper cold, and suuper dark {there will be spells involved to deal with the worst of it, but otherwise it doth sucketh}

As for what kind of characters you can choose, I will put that over in the OOC Thread. There's going to be a ton of planning to pull this off so please announce your intentions for joining over and don't post till I give the go ahead. :D

Cast

1. HarryHardy
2. Magebird
3. TheMythMaster
4. Ignorance
5. SoullessGinger
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue May 18, 2021 3:13 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Throwing this here to make it easier to find his description!

Rune: He's somewhere in his late teens, but it's honestly hard to tell thanks to how covered up he is. He almost always wears a strange black cloak littered in silver symbols. Underneath it, he's wearing a simple, high fantasy-esque black outfit with a sturdy pair of boots. The majority of his head is covered in bandages, including his right eye. Some of his hair is showing, though; he has his black hair in a tiny ponytail. His eyes are a pale, pale blue, almost to the point where they look white. His skin is also kind of light.

Here's a drawing of him I made a few months ago:

The room was dark.

It was so dark that Rune couldn't even tell if it really was a room, but it felt like one when he tapped his foot against the ground. There wasn't any wind that could match being outdoors. And that strange black vortex that had brought him here seemed like the kind of thing that would bring its poor, unsuspecting victim to a mysterious room.

Of course, that did bring up the question of who could have brought him here.

Straightening out the hood to his cloak, Rune peered into the darkness. Maybe it was them. He was honestly surprised they hadn't already come after him. But it still didn't feel like they're kind of thing. Unless they were suddenly about to lights, it didn't match their style.

It didn't match his style, seeing that the apple never really did fall all that far from the tree.

The left side of his abdomen suddenly felt lighter. He moved his cloak so it covered his shirt a little more; that was nice timing. It couldn't have waited until he actually knew what was going on, could it?

He'd wait for his kidnapper to speak before he said anything. He wasn't a big fan of drawing attention to himself from the start.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed May 19, 2021 3:31 am
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

Spoiler! :
I shall also include this here for easier reference XD
Name: Zolyrth Dustkarn (He goes by Lyrth)

Age: He’s not really sure, but probably eighteen or nineteen

Appearance: Lyrth is 5’11”, wearing fantasy-esque black leather armor and a deep gray-blue cloak, clasped at the throat with a small raven broach. The right side of his face is marked by a deep scar running from his eyebrow down to the neck of his armor and disappearing beneath his clothes. His skin is a dark gray, almost metallic but not quite, and his irises are a luminescent lavender. They’ve seen too much for one who has only been alive for so long. His hair is white, and reaches just past his shoulders in waves. There are braids and beads woven in it, giving him an odd look as the beads catch the light and reflect it elsewhere. His ears take on an elven shape, and sport an assortment of gold piercings. On the palms of his hands are strange tattoos that seem to have been done by an amateur. Across his back is strapped a long double bladed scimitar of some shimmering unknown metal. Build-wise, he’s very strong, but lean, as if more accustomed to dodging and dancing with his blade, rather than direct strikes and blunt force.

Personality: Lyrth is very charismatic, and fond of sarcasm. He loves music and sings often (A wonderful excuse for me to write ballads). He dislikes speaking about himself and his past (hehee) but tries his hardest to make others feel protected and that they can trust him. Other bits and pieces: He’s incredibly determined to reach his goals, and what he values the most is his freedom, those he loves, and beautiful things.
A Couple Flaws: He sees fighting as an inevitable part of life, and frankly, it’s an escape from reality for him. And he has a hard time feeling guilty when someone gets hurt while he is protecting something he values.

Backstory: Like I said, Lyrth is very private and keeps his past secret. >:)

Lyrth was thoroughly annoyed.

He had spent the last two weeks trekking over the most treacherous part of the mountain chasing down that damn pesky bird and just when he was finally going to get some answers out of the wretched thing, he went and got himself sucked up by a vortex!

He sighed, exasperation coloring his breath. He’d have to pick up the trail once he got out of wherever this was. Unaccustomed to the penetrating cold that now permeated through his armor and deep into his muscles, he shivered.

Squinting, Lyrth attempted to peer through the heavy veil of darkness that surrounded him. He raised his eyebrows, forehead wrinkling. This darkness was nigh impenetrable! Usually seeing through gloom was simple enough for him, but this mysterious place stubbornly refused to reveal its secrets. He frowned, as a sense of uneasy familiarity curled around his stomach.

Ah, yes, that was it. He hadn’t felt cold or seen darkness like this since he last visited home.

Unnerved, he reached behind him, searching for his trusted blade. Finding the familiar grooves of its leather handle soothed him, and the quivering settled into tense waiting.
Besides, this place doesn’t ooze with the same malevolent aura or smell like centuries of blood. He chuckled grimly, now quite confident that he wasn’t back in the endlessly twisting tunnels of his early childhood.

He shifted to a comfortable but easily maneuverable position so that if something decided to attack him, he could spring into action without much thought. He almost began to drift off to sleep when he heard something. A light tap, almost indiscernible but for his elvish hearing, sounded from across what he assumed to be the room.

It sounded almost like someone had tapped the ground with their foot.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu May 20, 2021 2:46 am
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

Spoiler! :

Name: Felix, Orestika
Abilities: can turn into a white fox and withstand sub-zero temperatures
Height: 5.8ft
Appearance: (human) wears a large leather fur collar coat, a black tunic, and has long black hair (fox) eyes seem to change color between white, black, and yellow, all-white fur, with a long black triangle strip from his forehead to his back (kinda like his human hair)

Minus twenty degrees he could handle, a trio of self-proclaimed "explorers" he could handle,
twelve very grumpy, very stealthy exiled elves, he could handle.

So why was it that a pitch dark room seemed to kill his courage, in so fell and so fast a swoop of fright?
Oh yes that's when he remembered he could turn into a fox, miner detail, explained a few things maybe.
as he'd spent a considerably large amount of his life as a fox his night vision was very well developed, or so he thought, he'd never actually seen how much night vision a fox should have
but he couldn't see his hand in front of his face in human form and as a fox, things were starting to come into focus, it always took a while, and there now he could see, and as he had suspected he was in fact in a room, a dark room of which he could only two walls of, the two closest to him.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Footsteps, he'd been in the room for what he thought was roughly an hour,
you see he'd spent far more than half of his life alone, though he knew how to deal with people when he had to, and so had developed a very accurate inner clock.
and he'd been sitting there, as a human in case someone came and thought he was some wild animal, and as he heard the taping he knew it was footsteps, it was just what he'd been expecting, he had assumed if he were his captor he would at least come at some point to explain things.
and though it had taken a time he, or she, the footsteps stopped in front of him giving him just enough light to see, them.
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

-Probably the greatest detective in the world

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu May 20, 2021 5:05 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Virginia blinked twice as she opened her eyes. At least, she thought she opened her eyes. She couldn’t really tell, it was pitch black and cold here. Weird, her room was never like this...

She got up, but found that there was nothing there. She hadn’t even been laying on her bed! This wasn’t her room... where was she?

Fear began to overtake her, but Virginia shook her head. I can’t be scared now, she thought. I have to figure out what’s going on.

And that’s when she heard footsteps.
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

4100 Reviews

Fri May 21, 2021 7:53 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Spoiler! :

Name: Harrison Harvard Hardy aka The Darkness
Age: 67,500,000,000,000,000,000,000,738 (That would be 67 septillion, 500 sextillion, seven hundred and thirty eight and yes I love numbers so I have an exact one) but he stopped aging when he was 16. {Yeah he's immortal}
Personality: I like to call him the immortal teenager because that is what he is. He's probably a lot more optimistic that most people especially considering just how powerful he is so he doesn't really worry about anything. He's the kind of person to joke in literally any situation.
Appearance: Well that's variable...he's a shapeshifter...and his original form is definitely not making an appearance here (he's like bigger than a universe)...so I'll go with his go to day to day look which he uses around most people.

He likes to be around 5' to 5' 4", most probably 5' 4" because in his own words "its the perfect height for hugging". He's got very pale skin that has a slightly bluish tent thanks to his blue blood. Lines, much like veins run all over his batter in translucent patches of lighter skin, and these glue blow whenever he's hit with some object or he's generating some power. His face has six of these including two that run through the eyes and his palms have two large patches the lines lead to.

He likes to maintain a pretty lean look, looking like he can barely lift anything just for an extra bit of surprise. Most of his joints are also double jointed and if anyone in there can hear heartbeats and whatnot, they'll notice he has two hearts.

The most standout feature is probably his 20-22 foot wings, that are blue, and they are feathered. His hair is naturally dark cyan and I don't see him ever changing that because he loves the color. He usually shrinks these when he fold them so that they only stick out around half a hoot above his head when folded.

Then his eyes...so...where its usually white in humans, his eyes are blue...while the actual irises are dark cyan. And these irises tend to glow when he's using his powers although he usually wears blue tinted glasses to cover those. He also has two sets of eyelids, one regular, and one translucent set that closes horizontally.

His hair is generally around shoulder length and hanging loose, probably tangled and a mess unless his sister got to him with a brush (she did in this case) and he'll be wearing his usual suit which is a bit like a large onesie, but tighter and without a hood. Its completely blue and packed with a few...fun surprises.

Backstory: He's seen pretty much everything and done pretty much everything but its a full novel, his backstory that is.
Weapons: Well...I'll leave that to be shown as the story on goes...on....there's definitely gonna be a few of these whipped out over the course of the story.
Powers: Again..prolly gonna reveal these here and there as we go along...

Also yes....he's my oldest character that I created so I've got some suuuper specific stuff to describe him....you guys definitely don't need to get this detailed with your descriptions...just general look would be enough..:D

Name: Jennifer Rose Hardy aka Princess
Age: 67,500,000,000,000,000,000,000,738 (That would be 67 septillion, 500 sextillion, seven hundred and thirty eight)
Personality: She's even more of an immortal teenager I would say. She's the one who goofs of the most and likes the odd prank here and there.
Appearance: Well that's variable as well...she's also a shapeshifter.

She likes to be around 5' 2", but besides that her appearance is essentially the same but just female. The differences would be that her suit is hot pink and her veins and eyes also tend to glow hot pink. They're technically identical twins....but not really cause they weren't born...just a loong bit of backstory there....don't worry about it too much

Backstory: She's been around a few attoseconds less than Harry but she's seen just about everything he has.
Weapons: Again prolly will reveal as we go on.
Powers: To be revealed as we go on.

Harry let out a sigh as the last midnight black vortex formed itself. The final portal was in place, so the tears would hopefully not spit any unfortunate souls into the middle of the least hospitable terrain in the omegaverse.

Teleporting back to the top of Mount Posimbelis, his sister was waiting for him.

"Took you long enough to set that up," said Jennifer, raising an eyebrow.

"I was trying to get the portal to be its usual dark cyan but you...know...foiled by my own perpetual darkness spell, can't get the portal look anything other than black without causing a bunch more problems," said Harry.

"And we definitely don't need any more of those," said Jennifer.

"Soo...I guess we go check who we've caught...I mean...accidentally yeeted into this place," said Harry.

"Yeah...the portals should be fairly instantaneous...the tears should open up any second now and suck things in...hopefully we get like intelligent life, cause I'm not spending an year trying to get a cat follow us out of here," said Jennifer.

"Fingers crossed," said Harry, just as a pulse of energy passed through the land. It was like being dunked in a vat of frozen water but he smiled.

"Well...there we go, this place is officially free of anybody being able to either enter or exit through any means whatsoever."

"Except for the fact that we have to get four people to escape outta here now," pointed out Jennifer.

"That is the one catch," said Harry, sighing. "Well, its the price you pay I guess, come on then, let's not waste any more time than is strictly necessary."

"Alright, but you're gonna do the explaining," said Jennifer.

"Hey, you cast the spell too."

"But it was your idea."

"Good point. At least don't tell Jason this happened," said Harry.

"Oh don't worry, I don't fancy a two hour lecture either, he gives enough of those unprovoked," said Jennifer.

Harry laughed. "Come on sis, let's look at these souls unfortunate enough to get tangled in one of those tears."

The two of them sped over to the shack located right at the center of the giant asteroid. It really wasn't anything to look at. Just a very simple shack built out of the blackstone found on the asteroid which means it was practically invisible among the perpetual darkness surrounding the place. The only thing that made it look different from a wall of darkness were the cracks in the stone...and that wasn't necessary a good sign. There was no door, just a tiny hole in the stone closed off by a trapdoor that had rotten away ages ago. The only thing protecting it from the elements and the creatures outside were its enchantments, which still held strong despite their age thanks to the one good thing about the asteroid. The magic imbued in it was functionally infinite.

"Its gonna be ridiculously dark inside isn't it?" asked Jennifer.

"Let's hope the folks inside have some form of night vision, that's not too rare of an ability," said Harry, shrugging.

"Uh huh, you wanna go through that thing first?"

"Ladies first sis," said Harry.

She rolled her eyes as she quickly got down on all fours and crawled inside, Harry following suit. The rough blackstone terrain wasn't the most pleasant of things to be crawling through but thankfully the cushioning charms were all in place.

Once inside, it revealed...pretty much nothing. It was essentially just a long barren hallway which lead to a large dark room. This little shack had been built to serve the singular purpose of housing a couple of building materials quintillions of years ago when the asteroid was being turned into the prison it was today. And so it was just a large stone box. For the first time in literally forever, Harry wished he'd decided to at least put a painting on the wall all those years ago...this place really did look depressing.

"Well, I forgot how depressing the inside of this looked," said Harry.

"Eh...it kinda fits how the outside is," said Jennifer.

"I guess, well let's see who is in here," said Harry.

The two of them raced down the hallway to the room at the end, arriving with twin flashes of lighting, Jennifer's flashing hot pink and Harry's a brilliant dark cyan. The light of course, did barely anything to light up the gloom. You could shove a sun on top of this asteroid and it would barely look like the twilight hours on a normal world, the spells covering it were just that ridiculous.

Harry peered into see that four beings had indeed landed and judging by their signatures they were all intelligent life of some form. They all looked to be bipedal and in fact mostly seemed to be human or at least a species that was relatively similar, it was hard to tell with how many species existed in that part of the omegaverse. It looked like their tears had somehow opened up across the line of parallel Earths. At least it meant they should all be able to understand what they needed to do.

Harry studied each of them individually...the one from the first portal appeared to be some sort of low budget sorcerer judging by the outfit and was pale enough to be one of the undead. The second one was tall, far too tall. He really should walk around at his normal height of 27 feet more often. He looked like one of those wise grandpas that ran around giving advice except he looked like he actually fought in the battles more than he gave advice. That was a good sign. Harry wasn't keen on deciphering riddles while trying to explain this hellish place to them.

The third one looked to be a relatively normal human...although the changing colors of eyes was a little out of the ordinary, that wasn't usually a human thing was it? He couldn't tell. They were a young species and they tended to evolve entirely too fast. The other one looked about as human as one could could get. Those clothes couldn't belong to any other species.

"Looks like we've got some interesting folks here," said Harry, whispering telepathically to Jennifer. Whispering a comment like that out loud for them to hear would come out as a bit too rude he decided.

"Yup, at least none of them are freaking out too much, or trying to murder the rest, that's a good sign," said Jennifer.

"Yeah, well I'll start the talk I guess."

He cleared his throat.

"Greeting mortals," he began, and immediately shook his head..," sorry, that sounded a little too high and mighty....I mean...umm...heyy everyone...welcome to what we like to affectionately call, Hell's Worst Nightmare....because this is kinda the place you send folks that are too dangerous to be kept in there...but anyway I probably shouldn't have opened with that. What I meant to begin with is...first of all, very sorry to all of you...this was a complete accident, we were doing this thing with the borders and it kinda ripped a hole in space time, you know, just a regular tuesday and you guys got sucked in here. I know its looks like a horrifying place, and well, it is, but that's why we're here, since we accidentally brought you here, we're gonna try and show you the way out. Sorry again. Does anyone have any questions?"

Harry tried for a bright confident smile that he hoped at least one of them had the night vision to see.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 21, 2021 3:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The air crackled and hummed with lightning, but all that Rune saw was the briefest flash of faint light before the room fell into darkness again. Which was just great. If he had known he was about to end up in a place like this, he would have prepared some kind of light.

One of the two who had appeared—there had be twin flashes of light and two steps of footsteps, so it had to be two despite only one person speaking—explained why they were here. It felt like an excuse and didn't begin to answer all of the questions that Rune had, but there was one thing that was especially pressing right now.

"Do you have a torch?" he asked. "Or know a light spell? I can't even see you right now."
mage

queer and here.

26 Reviews

Fri May 21, 2021 4:47 pm
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

Lyrth blinked, rubbing his eyes. He hadn’t imagined the flashes, had he? He shook his head, trying to shake away the little white spots behind his eyes. It’s not that they had been too bright, but the rest of the room was so oppressively dark that any light burned. The damned light sensitivity didn’t help either. But thankfully, his eyes had finally begun to adjust to the darkness. All he’d needed was one spark of light to start identifying his surroundings.

He scowled, realizing that he’d just had a major lapse in intelligence. The meager magic that accompanied his heritage included a starfire globe spell, and he’d completely forgotten about it in the shock of being transported to this strange place. He’d rather not reveal himself yet though, because he knew someone had entered the room and he wasn’t sure if they were friend or foe. As his eyes came into focus, he saw a pair of- Were they angels? Well, like angels but if their blood was made from bioluminescent paint. They didn’t seem quite celestial enough to be divine though. Lyrth watched them intently, gauging their power, as the blue one began speaking.

Lyrth narrowed his eyes. Mortals? That insinuated that they were not. And Lyrth had experience with immortals, none of it positive. He shifted positions, hand hovering over his most trusted companion, his blade. And they used words he didn’t understand. Space time? Was he in another realm?

But Lyrth was not afraid. If anything, he was excited. Whether these strange beings meant him harm or not, this was a place where he could get his hands dirty. A wicked smile stretched over his face as he considered what horrors he might have the privilege of defeating in this reverberating gloom. He glanced about, seeking a more comprehensive understanding of his standing. And to look for the others, because the blue angel-boy spoke as if to an audience.

Now his keen eyes pierced through the darkness, finding himself in a large room with the two angel-beings and three others. To his right was a heavily bandaged man, wearing a cloak covered in symbols that Lyrth was surprised to find he could not understand. He could feel the gentle thrumming of magic coming from him. Definitely some kind of magic-user. Best not to engage until you know of his abilities.

To his left, he found two more humanoids. One had a strange, almost vulpine look to him and wore a rather stylish coat that Lyrth admired. Range of powers unclear, keep watching him. The third person was very bright in appearance. She wore very strange garments, the likes of which Lyrth had only ever seen in storybooks regarding fantasy worlds. But her wide green eyes reminded him of another pair and he felt his mind drifting- no, now was not the time. He shook away the memories.

The magic-user spoke, requesting light. Lyrth frowned, confused. The man was clearly capable of a simple light spell, so why not conjure one himself? He stored away the strange piece of information for later, and held out his hand, summoning the magic of his heritage.

A starfire globe burst into existence, floating above his palm. It cast less light than usual, but enough that he could see people more clearly. Lyrth smiled at the man in the rune cloak. “Is that any better, friend?”

4100 Reviews

Fri May 21, 2021 5:02 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Torches...nope, the last time I held one of those was while invading a...you know what let's not get into that, it was countless millennia ago," said Harry, chuckling," as for a light spell, well I should probably explain the situation with the light here, I know a few spells...just I don't think any of those would be particularly useful, there's a perpetual blanket of darkness put in place by well...me...that is designed to make light rays in general very wonky...so the only way to reliably see this place is through night vis..." A bright ball of light burst into existence from buff grandpa in the corner.

"Ahh, thank you Lyrth, that regrettably will dim considerably once you're outside to the point of being barely usable but works for in here I guess, so...Ruu....." He was interrupted by Jennifer tapping him on the back.

He raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe ask their names first?" she suggested," instead of..."

"Right, sorry...I should've led with that one...can I have your names....and I'm not sure your name right there...Lyriega or something....you just look like one of those l names...anyway...and getting back to light...I should be able to give some of you temporary night vision if we must...do none of you have that ability? Cause its about to get suuuper dark and while this light ball from our friend there would work well for himself, I don't think it'll be able to reliably light things for everyone."

"Yeah, the light outside is just...abysmal," said Jennifer, finally stepping up and talking," its done by design and we should know...cause we kinda designed this place."

"Right, on that note, excellent question Mr...I totally don't know you're name so please tell it, does anyone else have one? Get them in quick 'cause once we're outside things will happen very quickly..."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

26 Reviews

Fri May 21, 2021 5:41 pm
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

Lyrth flashed a brilliant smile at his apparent companions and left the starfire globe floating in the air so he could gesture more extravagantly.

He flourished one of his arms and bowed, “Zolyrth Dustkarn, Slayer of Morcanthil the Boar, Champion of the Crimson Arena, and bounty hunter extraordinaire, at your service. You may call me Lyrth. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. And to answer your former question, I can indeed see through this fog of black.”

Lyrth fought the urge to interrogate these two spirits as to why they already knew his name, their rather flimsy attempt at hiding that fact falling short.

18 Reviews

Fri May 21, 2021 6:32 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

So turned out they were, in someplace worse than hell?
That probably wasn't a good sign, after giving a very impromptu sounding speech about his and the others (yes turned out there were more beings) being some sort of “accident” the blue-tinted one with wings, had asked if anyone had night vision, he didn't speak up because technical “he” didn't have night vision, fox him did.

Anyway then one of the others, Lyriega or something, according to the blue male twin, although after a nudge from the other attempted to hide the fact that he knew.
Lyriega had used some sort of spell to create a floating globe of light, not unlike something he could do, only he needed some source of light to replace his spell, likely she was a wizard of some kind.
She and the female twin had a little conversation that he didn't pick up on because he was busy trying to deduce what he could from the male twin, he wasn't the best at deduction but enough beings had wandered onto his island for him to test his ability figuring them out,
Well from what he could gather both twins were immortal, possessed some form of magic, and could see in the dark considering the fact that they apparently lived here and had created the darkness all around so they must have some way to see through it.

“Zolyrth Dustkarn, Slayer of Morcanthil the Boar, Champion of the Crimson Arena, and bounty hunter extraordinaire, at your service. You may call me Lyrth. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. And to answer your former question, I can indeed see through this fog of black.”

Oh apparently they were announcing names now, well he'd rather remain secret but he also didn't want to start off on the wrong foot with these, rather powerful seeming beings, so
“Felix, Orestika, guardian of the kasatkan isle ruins, limited shapeshifter, and in answer to your former question, I do have night vision though only when in fox form, and in correction to your earlier statement I am not mortal, though not technically immortal, to make a long story short I have a blessing and a curse, and I live in somewhat of a grey area.”
He said stepping forward, “oh and also, is it colder outside, it's starting to get really hot in here”
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

4100 Reviews

Sat May 22, 2021 10:00 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Oooh great, we have two with night vision, that plays very nicely with the situation, you're gonna need that ability going forward, there are some creepy tunnels to navigate up ahead and those mazes are just not great if you don't have night vision of some sort," said Jennifer. "Although going through the maze as a fox might be interesting. I guess we'll figure that out as we get to them."

"Yes, also, wow, those names are some proper mouthfuls there," said Harry, "I have no idea why anyone would name a boar after an ant hill but I guess it must have some boar if you get a title for slaying it. Hmm, and a bounty hunter, I did that once upon a time, wasn't my favorite couple of centuries, but it ain't a bad job. Aaand, umm...I guess I will call you Felix, if that's okay with you. Island ruins huh...that must be somewhat fun, and hmm...in between you say...well those are fun technicalities...well it doesn't matter if you're mortal or immortal at any rate, I just defaulted to my usual greeting for large crowds there by accident. One wrong move and this place will kill you regardless of who you are, mortal, immortal, god, the things around will not discriminate."

"Also, we should probably introduce ourselves," said Jennifer, "another think I think you should've led with?"

"Oooh, do I get to use my titles for once," said Harry, "it seems appropriate to this situation."

"For once, I think it actually is appropriate, "said Jennifer.

"Well you go first," said Harry, "I did do the apology as promised.

Jennifer rolled her eyes. "Fine."

"Wait, before that, I almost forget," said Harry, "so temperature, its currently at a crisp zero kelvin outside, and if you don't understand that measuring scale, let's just say its cold enough to freeze pretty much anything solid, but...we did do a wide area warming charm of sorts nearby, so in here it should be just about freezing point...for water, I think you guys know about that, and outside it will be a few degrees below that, not too far hopefully, I don't what your optimum temperatures might be like but hopefully a few degrees below freezing is okay, if necessary I could do personal warming charms or...alternatively make it colder if you guys need that. Uh..Felix, directly as an answer, if you're that warm right now, just you know, take off your coat. That might be a good start.

"And getting back to names after than confusing explanation by my brother, "said Jennifer.

"It wasn't that bad," protested Harry.

"Sure," said Jennifer, rolling her eyes at him again. "Anyway, I'm Jennifer Hardy. And you can call me Jennifer."

Harry made a face. "Seriously, you call that an introduction? I mean, in this situation, come on, that guy actually bowed, you have to honor that in kind."

"Why don't you go ahead then?" said Jennifer.

"Okay," said Harry, "I haven't got a chance to do this in sooo long."

Harry turned towards their four visitors and smiled. He almost wanted to wiggle his fingers in anticipation but he felt that would ruin the atmosphere.

"I," he began, allowing his power to seep out just a tiny bit, lighting his skin an ethereal blue, the fact that no one would actually be able to see it being totally irrelevant. His wings extended fully, and he rose a couple of feet into the air, floating on a small current of air.

"Are you gonna get on with it or not?" asked Jennifer from behind him. She had her hands on her hips and was glaring at him.

"Oh come on, don't ruin the atmosphere," said Harry, "fine I'll be quicker, now where was I?"

"I am Harrison Harvard Hardy," he continued. Lightning sizzled and popped around them, the air splitting as the smell of ozone permeated the area. The light level dropped even further as his natural power oozed out yet more darkness. "The Prince of Darkness, Controller of the Spectre of Darkness, The Divine Key of...I shouldn't say that name, the effects are too dark, hopefully I don't have to use that password later, anyway moving on. I am also the First Son of the Eternal Night, the Darkness with a capital D and the Captain of the Timeship Tachyon. But you can call me Harry."

With that the room returned to normal and he floated back to the ground. "Now, that..is how you do an introduction."

"I think you forget one title," said Jennifer.

"Noooo," said Harry.

"If you say it, I'll tell them all of mine," said Jennifer, smirking.

"Fine," said Harry, rolling his eyes. "They also call me, Curator of the Sixth Celestial Force, the force of...love."

"Are you sure they heard that last part?" asked Jennifer.

"Yes," said Harry, "now, its your turn."

"Fine," said Jennifer. "I am the Princess of the Frost, Mistress of the Sceptre of Ice, The Divine Host of, yeah that name is too dangerous. The Firstborn of the Eternal Cold, and I guess the do call me the personification of all that is cold. And, I am the Curator of the Fourth Celestial Force, the force of friendship. Okay, now that we've wasted the time of all of these people, you happy?"

"Yes," said Harry, "very. Now...any more questions, especially you Ms, you've been awfully quiet, and also you in the low budget necromancer outfit, can you please tell me your name?"
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 22, 2021 11:30 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Was he the only one here who didn't have a long name and title? He was used to not having a last name when most people did, but titles were something he had never been given. And he couldn't help but bristle with annoyance when he discovered he was one of the few people without night vision. Being told he was wearing a low budget necromancer outfit didn't help, either.

"My name is Rune," he said, making sure to keep his cloak covering the part of his abdomen that had just become lighter. He thankfully had a shirt on underneath the cloak, but he was sure he would seem far too thin there if he moved his cloak away. "I'm a necromancer-for-hire."

He readjusted his cloak's hood.

"This outfit isn't low budget, by the way," he added. "The cloak is magically enchanted and was taken from a terrible cult."
mage

queer and here.

4100 Reviews

Sat May 22, 2021 4:02 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Ahh, thank you for the name Rune, and might I add, just as a bit of life advice from someone who's been around a while, its never the titles that matter, its about who you are and what you do," said Jennifer.

"Also Rune, umm...I mean, not to offend you or anything," began Harry, "but any decent enchanted cloak should come with night vision, so that's not a very good enchanted cloak, or its missing some very basic enchants, not to mention you say you stole it, so that's not low budget, that's kind of no budget, but we're not hear to talk about cloaks, so any other questions you have?"
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

18 Reviews

Sat May 22, 2021 4:19 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

"I have a question," Felix said stepping forward

"Oh, yes, go ahead"

"Well for one you keep mentioning that us being here is a mistake and that we're going to have t pass through some sort of, trial? or dangerous path?
but you also act like you control everything here, and you were the ones who took us here in the first place sooo, can't you just send us back?"

He looked around the room wondering why no one had bothered to ask it yet, it seemed like something everyone would be thinking about.

"Oh and also, If I take off my coat I'll destroy this entire shack in a blazing inferno, and die most likely, you see it keeps out the heat, not the cold."

He had few times to talk about his Power/curse and he always liked the reactions he got.
Last edited by TheMythMaster on Sun May 23, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.
— Maya Angelou