z

Young Writers Society

The Land of the Eternally Bound

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:38 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

Felix looked once at Harry then at the others, “oh fine, just so long as I can get off rp whenever I want”

Avoiding Lyrths hand he hoisted himself on behind him, he’d done this enough, if not as much as most people, honestly who didn’t know how to ride a horse?
Felix glanced around at the others a rather strange assortment of being to say the least, ok they could probably be excepted from that thought.

“So how long will it take to get up there?” He tried to look at Harry directly via leaning out as far as he could.

“And should we be prepared for anything like sudden death, or infinite dismemberment when we get to the top?”
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

-Probably the greatest detective in the world

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It took Rune a moment to register the transformation that had just occurred. He blinked, resisted the urge to rub his eyes, and hesitantly climbed onto Harry's back. Shapeshifting wasn't unheard of, but it was...rare. Rare enough that he only knew a handful of people who possessed it.

And seeing a pegasus but knowing that it was really a person was just weird.

"I won't hurt you if you don't hurt me," Rune replied, getting comfortable behind Felix.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:52 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Fair enough, Rune," said Harry, with an attempted chuckle, although with a horse's vocal cords it came out sounding more like a choking goose. "And Felix, well glad you asked, cause I was just about to get to that particular explanation. This last part is where the danger begins."

"Yes, everyone, listen carefully, because it might just save your life," said Jennifer.

"Alright, yes, everything once we get to the top, must happen, very, very fast, well as fast as possible anyway, because otherwise we're all going to be overrun and that's not going to end well. What I'm saying, there's no time for explanations up there. So, listen up. Now, up there is the entrance to the maze. I'll explain more about the maze itself once we get into it, but the entrance we can tell you about now."

"Yes, the entrance must be opened if y'all are to get inside. The current door as it stands is spelled such that the only ones who can pass through are the deceased, or those that were once deceased and have since returned to the land of the living without obtaining the permission of a celestial," continued Jennifer.

"So, I'm quite sure none of you are deceased or you'd be much worse off in this place, and as for the latter, well, I hope not, for your sake. Anyway, in that case you can't jump cause at the very top, is a big ol' pit that will take you right down to the heart of this world, and the maze. And in this pit to prevent any living being, or those reincarnated with permission from accidentally jumping in, there are some defences. Now of course, we didn't expect anyone of that nature to actually arrive here so we kind of went overboard with those defences. There's a layer of molten metal, about as hot as can be, its hot enough that it won't burn you. It'll sublimate you on impact. And if you somehow survive that, there's a pool of liquid hydrogen, which is very cold. Very cold. And if you get through both of those and still want to continue for some reason, it ends in a series of metal spikes that just happen to be enchanted to kill anything living that contains a soul. Mortals don't get past any of these traps is what I'm saying, and most immortals too. So, uhh...don't jump in there, unless you meet the conditions I said earlier, cause then you'd be safely transported through by a back door."

"Yes, so, the door must be opened, and then I will go through first. And you guys can jump in. I'll make sure you have a safe landing, cause it is around a ten thousand foot jump and you don't want to be the first one in, unless you can fly. Now, this door however, doesn't just open itself. They key that opens it can only be used by one singular being, and that's Harry, but uhh...as not Harry, that will be an interesting experience for all of us. All I ask is, don't judge a book by its cover."

"That ominous thought aside, as soon as we take off the spell holding the remnants back from the path will fall, it can't be kept online if our feet aren't touching the ground, and this will resume its normal activity of the remnants charging up the slopes to get to the entrance. So, we will go up quite quickly to hopefully land and form some sort of defensive formation to hold off the few million that will charge us. Don't worry, you guys will have Jennifer to help you, and you only have to hold them long enough for me to assume my true form. Then, the remnants...well, it won't be a problem, shall we say."

"And we jump in and close the door behind us," summed up Jennifer.

"Yes, easy peasy, just like that. At any rate, everyone hold on tight, and be ready for a fight as soon as we land. Jen, get up there and prepare the basics. A simple rose formation would probably do. Don't make it too complicated," said Harry.

"Alright, Harry, good luck, you haven't used that form since that one battle in Greece. Don't fall," said Jennifer.

"I'm Harry Hardy. I never fall, accidentally, on purpose, yes many times," said Harry.

"Keep telling yourself that," said Jennifer, shooting up into the air with a flash of bright pink.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Don't worry guys, we're not falling today. She's just joking."

With that, Harry reared up one more time, letting out a challenging neigh and trotted down the path that they'd come building up a bit of distance, before he turned to face the mountain. Stretching out his wings to their fullest, he galloped, charging towards the mountain at full speed. And then he jumped. A couple of flaps of his wings and they were airborne. The effect was instantaneous.

The ground erupted below them. The temporary shields holding the dead back collapsing with almost a relieved hiss. The remnants clawed their way out, creating an fresh wave of despair among the desolate landscape. It was the sadness of a million souls, all wanting one thing: Escape. They remnant began to charge towards the mountain.

"Okay, we're gonna slow them down a tiny bit and then shoot up to the mountain," said Harry, "everyone hold on..tightly."

With that his wings electrified and Harry felt the familiar rush of tapping into the celestial force of movement. Lightning crackled around them and the dark blue pegasus streaked across the sky, circling the base of the mountain. Harry temporarily transformed his face back into the humanoid version. His eyes brightened to their full dark cyan, bright enough to create two shimmering beams of light on the ground, momentarily cutting through the darkness. He opened his mouth. He hadn't done this in a while, but it was always a lot of fun.

He talked, in a voice he reserved especially for these scumbags, a hissing, unnaturally loud voice reserved only for the dead. "Iffff you mussssst chasssssse the living, then waaaalk through the eternal flamessssss of the dead." With that a stream of translucent blue fire erupted along the base of the mountain, the remnant that were close to it bursting quickly into flame. Harry shook his head as he transformed back. Doing that never got particularly easier and he'd have to transform fully at the top. He wasn't looking forward to that experience.

Once he was a full pegasus again, he let out small and very forced sounding laugh. "Well, up we go."

The pegasus shot up into the air, moving like lighting through a stormy sky and before most people could blink, they were already circling over the top of the mountain. Blackened words lined the air around the mountain. Jennifer had begun her work. She stood floating a few inches above the stone ledge at the top of the mountain. The ledge was maybe a foot in width and circled the entire perimeter of the mountain.

Besides the ledge, the rest of the top was a long steep drop, leading to a pit of sizzling lava, eight thousand feet below them. Its heat however, was hot enough to reach them from down there. On the bright side, no one would be cold anymore.

He slowly flapped down till he was inside the hole but he was level enough with the ledge for the everyone to step off onto the ledge itself.

"Alright everybody, get ready to fight," said Harry, "you'll have Jen with you so don't worry about how many of them it might seem like you have to deal with. She'll take care of most of them. You guys deal with the stragglers. I, will begin the process of opening this door. Good Luck."

And with that, the black words floating around them suddenly began to circle them, accelerating as they formed a small sphere of black energy around them. Flaming remnants began to hit said sphere of energy, hissing sounds erupting all around them. A blast of energy sent the first wave flying off the mountain.

Jennifer turned to the three passengers. "If you guys have weapons on you, now would be an excellent time to take them out."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Things were just peachy right now.

Rune had been afraid of being discovered earlier. He still was, to some extent. But all he could think about was how annoying this whole thing was, and how he really didn't need something like this on top of that fortune teller's quest.

Harry wanted him to hold off the dead? He could do that. He would reach a breaking point eventually, but manipulating the dead was his thing. It was what his convoluted healing magic was good at doing.

He stepped off of Harry and onto the ledge.

Jennifer's attack had taken care of the first wave of the decaying deceased, but Rune saw a few starting to make their way back towards them. He took a deep breath, held his hands out, and focused.

A moment later, the first ten dead people he had laid eyes on when unnaturally stiff. The symbols on his cloak started to gently glow. His visible eye started to glow, too. He let his magic wash over the group before them even more, slipping into every inch of their clothes and skin. He couldn't have ever done something like this with a living person, but the dead were far too easy to control by comparison.

He overwrote what was keeping their decaying bodies together, forcing life's natural forces to speed up their cycle just enough for the bodies to start crumbling apart. It would take a good half of a minute for this group to fully turn to dust, but they were already well on the way there.
mage

queer and here.

18 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:21 am
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

leaping in a perfect arc (as always) off Harry, he landed behind Rune and turned around to guard his weak spots, wait, was Rune turning the souls into well, dust.

unfortunately for Felix, he'd never seen something like this and was momentarily distracted.

suddenly he felt something behind him, turning around he saw that there was a soul nearly in range to attack him "oh I don't think so" he flipped out his knives, threw one at the soul, which turns to dust the other knives he threw straight up, know fighting was something he was good at.

he jumped over the place where the remnant soul had "died" he grabbed his knife lying in the ground and twisted slicing the head off the next one coming through while simultaneously jumping over it to stab the one behind, suddenly there three more, ducking once then stabbing jumping backward, another slice, then he moved back to where he had first stood, and as the, now several, remnants charged forward the knife he had thrown straight up a moment ago came back down he gave it a fast but small nock with his second knife, which was then thrown forward to impale two of the first, the one he had nocked ricocheted off the ground and sliced through three remnants before Felix caught it and continued fighting as more an more continued pouring through.

soon, it was obvious it would be hard for Felix to hold his position, Jennifer was doing a lot, but she was mostly getting rid of the main on charge and more were coming through the sides now "well, I guess ill have to try something different" he said, stabbing two, slicing the rest away he jumped back for a bit of space to do his work, he spread out his arms, running through the spells in his head he snapped his fingers, instantly it looked as though he had multiplied.

The remnants didn't even have a seconds hesitation, "ok that didn't work" he backed up a bit more and got rid of a couple more he looked around in his pockets before finding a few non-valuable objects, stone, a fox leg (don't ask) and a couple feathers, "oh good nothing ill need" saying a spell over these they started glowing and as they got hotter he threw them into his illusions, one by one, each time they went in, the illusion suddenly gave off a bright flare and seemed to gain just a bit more reality, though he could still pass his hands through each as effortlessly as before.

turning he looked at the remnants "what do you think of that?" the remnants paused seeming to take a moment to comprehend the fact that seven beings had just appeared, a couple backed up a bit, Felix charged forward making sure his "clones" stayed just far enough behind him that they didn't actually engage in any real fighting.

It wouldn't last long, but maybe it would help.
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:29 am
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

Lyrth leapt from Harry’s back onto the dark stone ledge, following quickly behind Rune and Felix. He eyed the churning molten lava beneath them, making a note to stay as far away from the edge as possible. Heeding Jenni’s words, he pulled his beloved blade from the case on his back, relishing the sharp hiss as Vendryck touched the old, magic-charged air of this Aster-Oyd.

He couldn’t help but grin wickedly as the familiar weight of his weapon settled into place in his hands. He charged ahead of Felix, just as seven identical Felixes burst into existence around him. Lyrth did a double-take, before diving into the fray.

As he stabbed one end of the scimitar into a corpse-bound soul, threads of deep purple and black magic shimmered over its rotting flesh. It shuddered, before the soul within the body dissipated. It fell to the ground with a thud.“Finally decided to introduce me, you smug bastard?” Vendryck said, a twinge of annoyance evident in his voice.

Lyrth laughed, “I’ve been a little preoccupied. And I’m afraid you’re not getting introduced quite yet- we have some new dance partners.”

The blade thrummed with excitement as Lyrth sliced through remnant after remnant.
With a practiced hand, Lyrth swung Vendryck, the first blade slicing yet another rotten spirit from shoulder to hip, and plunging the second into another’s chest. The two decaying fighters fell to their knees.

He dashed away, towards the oncoming mass of souls. He spotted an especially nasty-looking brute of a soul near him. He charged at it and the thing snarled, readying itself. Lyrth grimaced, “You are quite the grotesque specimen, aren’t you?” Vendryck let out an odd chuckle, warped by his lack of a mouth. He ducked under the aberration’s arm, dodging a clumsy punch. Lyrth cut a deep gash into its side, then flitted out of the way. The thing grunted, then fell. He winced, realizing the punch had nicked his cheekbone. “That’ll leave an ugly bruise,” Vendryck cackled happily as they charged into another group of remnants.

He danced and spun with his blade, slashing and laughing like a child with a toy sword. His muscles burned with a wonderful fire. He felt as viciously alive as these remnants were dead. But even as Jennifer was cutting down swathes of the disgusting pests, and Rune and Felix were fighting with him, it felt futile. He looked out over the black mountain and saw hordes more. Foreboding growing in his stomach, Lyrth glanced back at Harry and prayed he was nearly ready.

4075 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:22 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Jennifer risked a glance back to see how the others were doing. Lyrth was swinging his sword, a double bladed scimitar in a truly respectable display of sword fighting skill as he slashed, hacked and stabbed his way through the ever growing horde. Felix seemed to have resorted to some sort of illusionary magic as their appeared to be seven of him. And they were well executed copies too, the remnants certainly wouldn't be able to differentiate which one was the real Felix.

Rune, he was different, he appeared to be controlling the remnants. Considering he was a necromancer, that did make sense, but...considering how he appeared to be trying to make them turn to dust one by one, it looked like a strategy that could easily see him be overwhelmed.

Jennifer turned back the hordes in front of her. She'd been blasting them back wave by wave, but even that was starting to get a tad ineffective here. She drew her twin daggers and charged among them, slicing them at super speed as she thought of a new plan to hold them off. She glanced up at the top. Harry would need a little more time. Perhaps it was time for something a tad more dramatic.

She smiled as the plan formed in her mind. Harry would certainly approve, it was an old favorite of theirs. The ran back up the mountain, through the shield and onto the ledge. She slapped aside a few remnants on her way, sending them flying in random directions.

Then she turned back to towards the horde and jumped, transforming mid jump into a fully grown dragon. She swept the area, a blast of freezing air coming out of her mouth as she froze hundreds of the creatures. They proceeded to instantly crumble into dust.

Meanwhile, at the top, Harry concentrated. He hadn't transformed into who he truly was for a long time. It wasn't that there hadn't been a reason to do. There'd been a myriad of situation that could've been easily resolved that way. It was just too painful of an experience, and if he was being completely honest with himself, he was scared. Scared of what he might do, and scared of the assumptions everyone made. Well, in this situation, there really was no other option. He cast his doubts aside. Looking around, he could see the horde beginning to multiply. Jennifer was doing a lot, and the other three were holding their own surprisingly well, but...soon enough they would be overwhelmed. And a tiny ledge by a lava pit was hardly a defensible position against a horde. He had to transform sooner rather than later.

He quietly changed back into his humanoid form, floating in the middle of the lava pit with gentle flaps of his wings. He closed his eyes and allowed the darkness inside to spill out. Slowly, he felt his transformation begin.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

26 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:32 am
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

Lyrth watched as Jennifer swept over the writhing masses of souls in dragon-form, breathing icy wrath down upon them. He grinned. He was right- the siblings could turn into dragons. Although he did prefer Harry’s warm blue fire to Jennifer’s ray of cold breath. Speaking of Harry, he seemed to be getting started on whatever it was he was doing. Good luck, friend, I know you of all people can do it. Lyrth tried his best to direct his thought volume at Harry, although he doubted the man could hear him from all the way over there.

Lyrth focused back on the battle at hand. Swathes of wraiths had been turned to dust by Jenni, and a new onslaught was just beginning. He sped forward once again, steeling his nerves, “Vendryck, let us speed this up.” The blade quivered in agreement, and Lyrth drew a deep breath.

He closed his eyes, estimating that he had maybe 5 seconds before the souls just outside of the section Jennifer had frozen would reach him. He held Vendryck in his left hand, drawing his right gently over the length of the scimitar. The familiar magical chains kept him in his blade form, but Lyrth could feel the soul within building up his strength. This technique was not magic- to clarify, it was simply Lyrth and Vendryck beginning to focus themselves on a serious task.

Lyrth allowed the fervor of the battle to seep into his bones, jarring awake that long-forgotten arena child. It was the mindset that allowed him to survive and access that supply of guilty violence when he needed it. And he needed it now. Lyrth’s eyes snapped open as the raging remnants fell upon him. In a whirlwind of flashing blades, he cut down the souls as a farmer cuts stalks of wheat. The dull thuds of dropping remnants built up a rhythm for Lyrth and Vendryck to dance to. And dance they did.

He slashed and dodged, pierced and blocked, stabbed and twisted, cutting a path through the souls. His limbs grew tired, but still, he pressed on. There wasn’t really an option for defeat. This deadly dance would play itself out soon enough. Hopefully, Harry would be ready before that.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:32 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

They kept defeating the swarming dead, but the dead didn't stop coming. He caught glimpses of the others out of the corner of his eyes—of multiple Felixes, of Lyrth and his talking sword, and of Jennifer turning into a dragon. Harry was doing something, too, but he was too far away for Rune to figure out what it was.

He wanted to check. He still didn't know what would happen if he tried going through that maze when Harry opened it. But he couldn't let himself lose momentum now; his magic worked best when he was able to build it up.

Twenty of their enemies stiffened. It wasn't enough, even though they were already starting to turn to dust.

More, Rune thought. I need to control more of them.

He focused harder. A few more stiffened and started to disintegrate, too, but it still wasn't what Rune wanted or needed. He couldn't let them get close enough to figure out he was one of them—he couldn't begin guess how aware they actually were, but he wasn't going to get left behind here.

He had thirty under his control now. He was starting to lose focus as he spread his magic to another ten. By the time he added five more, he could feel himself getting lighter underneath his long sleeves and cloak. No one could see it because he was still covering everything underneath his cloak, but his shirt was starting to hang loosely in a few areas. He was losing his skin and everything else that made him seem alive. If he kept this up, he was just going to be a walking skeleton—which would defeat the whole purpose of him pushing himself this hard.

His eyes and cloak glowed harder than before.

The forty he had gotten control over immediately disintegrated into dust. Rune felt his legs give out from underneath him; the glowing stopped. He took a deep breath. He couldn't control any more of the dead for now. He needed to focus on getting himself back to normal. At least his head still looked like it had before—he could hide everything else underneath his cloak.
mage

queer and here.

26 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:19 pm
View Likes
SoullessGinger says...

It was nearly becoming too much for Lyrth and Vendryck. They moved slower now, unsure of how long they’d been locked in this dance with the remnants. A hit connected here and there, leaving tiny wounds that had no physical effect, but left Lyrth in a state of emotional distress. “Rekhh-terr, There’s too many.” He cursed, brows furrowing as he sliced through another two souls. He had hoped that perhaps Harry had been exaggerating. Vendryk laughed grimly, “Really? I hadn’t noticed.”

What Lyrth had noticed was the huge sheets of remnants dropping to the ground around Rune. Unease fluttered in his stomach- no mage could hold out for long when using that sort of power. So when Rune joined them, falling to his knees, Lyrth was already fighting his way back towards him and the ledge. He made in time, slashing through a particularly stubborn spirit just before it got within range of Rune.

He stepped back into his rhythm, although it was decidedly slower than before. He assumed a more defensive position, hoping to conserve some energy, “Are you alright, Rune?” He called over his shoulder to the man.

18 Reviews

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:50 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

Felix had defeated armies before but never one this big, also they had not been seemingly mindless beings that would continue fighting even when they knew they were gonna die.

looking around him he quickly assessed the situation, Harry looked to be starting whatever he was intending to do, Jennifer was a dragon, Lyrth and his talking sword seemed to be doing ok, Felix had known someone who had a sword with a personality once, and rune had collapsed, well out of all of them Felix liked Rune the best, besides it looked like Lyrth was doing alright.

"dusting" several more remnants to clear a path Felix ran over to Rune, and started clearing away the oncoming remnants, looking over his shoulder he noticed another horde of remnants surge through jus tas Lyrth finished off the last one, redoing some more spells he sent two-thirds of it illusions over to Lyth and, to make things funner, he turned them into copies of Lyrth, even throwing in the occasional comment from his sword spear thing.

keeping too illusions to himself he continued plowing through the remnants as they pushed through, they seemed to be coming in via leaks in Jen and Harry's shields, if only he could find where they were coming through and then just pick them off one by one as they came through.

moving closer to where they breaking in, he cut and sliced through some more before ten (or so) came through at once, "dangit" he said jumping backward and throwing his knives through three, it seemed they'd just have to continue like this for a whi-

suddenly his two illusions burst and then disappeared, oops, he'd forgotten to keep them out of the fight.

4075 Reviews

Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:38 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

As the darkness began to slowly pour out, Harry watched the battle play out. He even heard a train of thought that seemed to be directed at him. Good luck, friend, I know you of all people can do it.. It was a comforting thought in that moment. He hoped that the word friend would still be used after Lyrth saw what would happen next. It didn't seem likely, but even a celestial could still hope after all.

The energy flow began to increase exponentially as the power he'd hidden for many a millenia. In fact, he hadn't revealed his true form since...well that was the last thing he wanted to think about in this of all places. If it needed to find his worst memories and bring them to the surface, well, he didn't need to make it any easier for these enchantments.

Then the pain began. Harry was someone that was no stranger to pain. Contrary to popular belief, just cause nothing could pierce his skin, it didn't mean that he didn't still fail the pain of all those impacts. His nerves still functioned after all. Its just that he'd learnt over time to pretend like he felt nothing. This pain however, was nothing like what he felt on a daily basis. He couldn't help the scream that escaped his mouth. He fought through it to look towards the battle. He saw Rune fall to his knees. Lyrth and Felix both helping him out as best they could but it was a losing battle. They wouldn't be winning that particular fight. Soon they would be overwhelmed.

Jennifer was doing her best to stem the flow of remnants, but in her current form she could only do so much. He had to make this happen, and now, the consequences be damned. He let out another scream as more energy poured out. It was now enough energy that it would be visible to the mortal eye, a mass of the purest darkness forming a funnel cloud of pure energy around him.

He called out to Jennifer.

"Jen, it's time!!!"

Thankfully, she seemed to have heard him despite the noise of a millions souls charging.

She flew back towards them, firing a large whirlwind towards the souls sending most of them flying right off the mountain. That would by her a little bit more time.

Jennifer landed on the ledge and did a few laps with her knife outstretched, slicing through everything that had breached the shield. The blade hissed with the speed it had been slicing through things, giving off small smoke trials as she sheathed it.

"Everyone, stay in one spot, Felix take down those copies, oh and uhh, perhaps sit or kneel, or just generally brace yourselves against the ground. That would be a good idea."

Even as she said it, more remnants had already made their way to the top. Not waiting for them to attack, Jennifer knelt down herself and slammed her palm down on the rocky ledge. Her eyes glowed hot pink and from her hand, lines of energy spread out, black at first as they formed a secondary dome around her and the trio, and then slowly starting to gain color as she summoned celestial energy into. Soon, they were surrounded in a bright pink cocoon. And not a moment too soon. The remnants had made it through. The black shields around them also fell and more and more poured in. They couldn't make it through this shield however, and everything that did make the mistake of touching it turned instantly to ashes. The remnants began to funnel around it like a river parting before a boulder and soon the souls were pouring down into the lava below and Harry.

Harry was just able to get a glimpse of Jennifer's pink shield coming into existence when he was suddenly being literally buried in the remnants..well remains. He almost lost his concentration as there were simply too many for his wings to keep him airborne. He began to fall.

Letting out another scream, this time of frustration, he let the funnel cloud of darkness around him seep into him. He gritted his teeth as he full the full force of his own energy shred his current mortal shell to pieces. And then suddenly, there was only darkness. Then he was darkness. Or more accurately...he was The Darkness.

The body of The Darkness began to form. A one hundred foot humanoid shape of pure darkness, crackling with dark cyan energy in random places. The Darkness began to rise to the top of the mountain that they had been falling into, just as their face formed. It wasn't a face like any other, mostly because their wasn't really a face. It was a small tornado made of yet more darkness, with two spinning orbs of dark cyan light that could pass for eyes. The Darkness rose up to the top of the mountain.

And then the transformation completed itself. The orbs of light began to glow brighter and the the tornado froze in position. A crude mouth of sorts formed in the face. And then a wave of pure darkness and despair radiated out as the physical embodiment of darkness itself made its first appearance to this reality in millenia. The wave of despair that followed brought the remnants to their knees and the darkness seeped into the pink shield, cracking it in various places with what almost seemed like a black mold.

And then everything burst into flames. Everything not inside the shield Jennier had constructed was instantly incinerated in a radius wide enough to encapsulate the entire world. The shield began to crack faster, even as Jennifer poured all the energy she had into it. A thin layer of ice began to form as The Frost herself made a temporary appearance to hold of the decaying power of The Darkness.

They were reintroduced to a feeling he hadn't felt in forever, the feeling of uncontrolled, unrestrained power. They could wipe the life of every living being with a mere thought. They managed to focus on the task at hand. The Darkness held out their hand and a long thing piece of metallic rock flew towards, growing in size till it was a long pole the size of a mountain. The Darkness rose up thrust the key down into the lava pit, the ancient key reuniting with its lock for only the third time since its creation. The lock turned and the door opened.

As The Darkness removed the key, the lava, the hydrogen, and then the many spikes and the enchantments themselves folded to the side, leaving a path open. They turned towards the shield and spoke. It wasn't an audible sound. He spoke directly to the mind of each person.

"The gate is opened. Frost, step through first. Felix Orestika, you are next. Zolyrth Dustkarn, you may follow. The Icy shield will keep you alive, but jump quickly if you wish to remain that way."

Meanwhile inside the shield, Jennifer felt The Frost surface within here as she channeled her own celestial power to hold the shield. She felt like she was about to be set on fire. She couldn't imagine anyone else felt much better. And with the eyes of The Frost, she could see that Rune wasn't exactly allowed to be alive. That would be a problem, not to mention, he had to be feeling the worst at the moment, despite the shield.

She gritted her teeth as an icy path formed between the shield and the pit below. Hoping with her currently eerily glowing eyes she didn't look too creepy, she managed a small smile.

"You heard them, we shall go in this order. Rune, go last."

She then spoke directly to Rune in his mind. "I have a feeling you'd rather the others didn't find out. Just hang back as we all jump in. The Darkness will close the door and transform back into Harry who will escort you through the closed door, don't jump in now, or you will be stuck among the remnants for eternity."

With that message, she ran towards the edge of her bridge and jumped. It was a long fall, even as she dived using her wings to go faster. But she was soon at the bottom, casting cushioning spells and slow falling spells as fast as she could before flying back to the top of the bridge.

She gave them the thumbs up indicating the jumping should begin.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:04 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

She knew.

Rune suddenly felt like he couldn't breath. It had to be because of the incredible display of power that both Harry and Jennifer were showing. If not that, it had to be because he had pushed himself too hard earlier.

He took a deep breath to steady himself. It didn't work; it just made him want to gasp for air. He was still collapsed on the ground, but he was sure he would completely fall over soon. This wasn't something someone like him was supposed to experience. His body and magic screamed that at him a hundred times over. He was losing focus again. His body was starting to decay away underneath his cloak.

Think of that fortune teller's quest, he told himself. Think of getting through this so you can finally get your reanimation under control. Think of seeing Chi again—if you can't get through this, you're going to be stuck here forever and never see how much she's grown up.

It was so hard, but he willed himself to focus. He didn't have any other choice. His body was still flickering between being totally solid and being skeletal, but he was keeping it to everywhere that was covered.

"I can do that," Rune managed to croak out, his voice unsteady.
mage

queer and here.

18 Reviews

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:54 am
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

“Vre-ump” a strange sound erupted around him as he lowered his arms and his illusions turned to nothingness.

Felix went to destroy a couple more when suddenly the ground glowed pink beneath him, and then a shield apparently made by Jennifer, was up, right in front of him, he jumped back a little as some remnants assaulted the shield and disintegrated in the process.

Turning around it seemed that Harry’s “transformation” had turned him into a huge, black, being of utter darkness.
Then Jennifer- who was now apparently “the Frost” -blasted everything outside the shield with a layer of ice

“Alright, she’s on my favorites list”

Felix said with a grin. The frost then made an ice bridge toward the Maze entrance that The Darkness had opened, and slide down and in.

Hearing Harry's strange voice in his head Felix then transformed into his fox and made a running jump onto the bridge.

Sliding on his belly to the door he changed back to a human (more or less) and taking one last look at the rim of the volcano.

“Nice bridge, what else can, Ms.Frost do”

he yelled into the door, wether or not Jen heard him didn't really matter.

he walked in, and began a very, very long fall.

4075 Reviews

Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:49 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Jennifer watched as Felix jumped through yelling something about the ice bridge that she didn't quite make out with all the chaos happening around them. She could see The Darkness slowly beginning to glow ever so slightly brighter and the area around them was getting just a little bit hotter but for the moment it all appeared to be fully contained.

She flashed a thumbs up down the pit to Felix, but she was quite sure there was no way he could actually see it. She turned back to Lyrth.

"Come on, Lyrth," she said, raising her voice to a shout as she gestured downward.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Have you met a cow or another large animal?
— Liminality