Young Writers Society

The Tempest's Eyes

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:59 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

Wren, to her disappointment, sucked at Go Fish. She hadn't played since she was in grade school, but she couldn't comprehend how she could have lost so bad! Her frustration with the game almost distracted her from the bigger problems the group was facing.

Almost.

After they grew tired of Go Fish, Runi showed them to their rooms. Wren wondered how she knew how many rooms they would need, given their newest acquaintance, and whether they had even decided to stay the night. Wren hoped it was nothing more than well-developed introspection, but the way her fingertips warmed with an extremely soft glow and tapped lightly against her side gave away her suspicions.

"...but I don't hear any thunder or see any lightning." Zest's voice cut through the fog as Wren shook her head and shoved her hands in her pants pockets, hoping no one noticed the strange glowing that always acted up when her emotions were heightened.

"What do you suggest we do now?" Wren asked, but not necessarily to Zest in particular. While the calming storm would typically calm her, she instead grew anxious with anticipation. Wren didn't want to stay here. Even more, she didn't want to find out what would happen to them if they did stay.
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:33 am
Mageheart says...

"Leave," Zest said without a moment of hesitation.

He looked away from the window.

"It would be hard for a wraith ship to fly in this weather," he said. "If we leave now, we should be able to get to the ring without being interrupted. We just need to find an exit that Vivi won't notice us leaving through."

"...If worse comes to worst," Runi pointed out, even though she hated that she was making the suggestion in the first place, "we could always fight her."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:38 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

"Leave."

The word rushed from Zest's lips. Wren turned to face him, chewing her lip. She was glad she wasn't the only one whose first priority at the inn was to leave it behind. However, she had a gut feeling that it wasn't going to be that simple. She glanced at Runi, acknowledging her ultimatum.

"We don't know what she's capable of," Wren murmured. "We're in a strange place with even stranger people. Maybe we should lay low for a bit, figure out exactly what it is we're getting ourselves into."
atlast

previously AtlasWut

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:57 am
Mageheart says...

Runi frowned.

"You're right," she realized. They really didn't know what Vivi was capable of. Zest knew of people like her, but didn't know of her specifically. He was probably right on his initial guess of her being a wraith worshiper, but he could have been wrong on just how much power she had. "We have strength in numbers, but she has the entire town..."

"Which is why we should leave now," Zest said, irritation lacing his voice. Runi paused. No, that wasn't right. It sounded like irritation at first, but then she saw him glance at the window again and understood that it was more fear than anything else. "If we leave when they don't expect it, they won't be able to stop us."
mage

queer and here.

4100 Reviews

Reviews: 4100
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:27 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"If we end up having to fight her or fight an entire town, well...contrary to what these shorts and slippers might suggest, you can count on me," said Sean speaking up as they finally began to speak about leaving this place. It had been ever so slightly fun for the last little bit, but there was a lot of things he needed to get back to.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:01 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That was an interesting comment.

Runi looked back over at Sean, curiosity in her eyes. She wasn't sure what that implied about his background, but it seemed like he knew a thing or two about fighting. That would be good in an escape.

...Runi was also starting to realize she didn't know all that much about the people she was with. They seemed more trustworthy than Vivi, but...

"Good," Zest said. "Then let's go. We might be able to fight the townspeople, but you wouldn't be able to do anything against the wraith if you get culled."
mage

queer and here.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:58 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

Wren sighed. She supposed Zest was right, they may be able to quietly slip out the the tavern without another thought. At least, she hoped that was the case.

She stood, picking at a hangnail on her thumb. "Okay, let's go. Just be ready to fight. I have a bad feeling about this, and I don't think just up and leaving will be as easy as we want it too."

Wren took another deep breath, trying to cast the fear out of her mind. She didn't know the people with her well, but it seemed like at least some of them knew how to fight. She hadn't fought anyone for real since she quit karate classes in the fifth grade, but her survival instincts would, hopefully, be enough to keep her from holding the group back. Plus, she could always use her light as a distraction so the group could escape, though she hoped it wouldn't come to that.
atlast

previously AtlasWut

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:20 pm
Mageheart says...

"Question," Runi said, "how exactly are we leaving? Because I definitely agree that we should leave now, but Vivi is downstairs right now. If we try leaving through the front door, I think she'll see us."

Zest was quiet for a moment.

"...We could leave through the windows," he finally suggested.

Runi blinked. "We're on the second floor?"

Zest hesitated. "...We could jump."
mage

queer and here.

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:08 pm
View Likes
LittleLee says...

"Hmm," Rea said thoughtfully. "The chances of some of us damaging our lower bodies can't be negligible. Well, I'd have liked to stay a bit longer, learn a bit more about this world, but if we're in danger... actually, do we have to leave? Oh, wait! We could tie up Vivi and take her with us!"

She beamed at everyone, blissfully unaware that she was suggesting what was essentially a kidnapping.
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

Lily you are my fig father
— Elliebanana