z

Young Writers Society

The Lunar Plains

Random avatar

Reviews: 130
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:17 pm
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

Andaður einn listened as her new acquaintances spoke with Arin and Sune. All of these words like “exile, ‘barren’ and ‘wraiths’ made her feel uneasy. In fact everyone seemed a little on edge, well except for Robyn she was hungry. Andaður einn’s stomach growled, maybe it was time to eat. She gathered up her courage and stood up. Her cotton skirt gently swooshing around her.
“I hate to cut in, but Robyn here is hungry as I’m sure everyone else is. Would you, Arin and Sune happen to have some spare food and maybe a little water?” She looked around the room as she spoke, they all stared at her as if this was indeed the wrong time for eating and drinking.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Oh!" Arin said, eyes widening. "I was so caught up in explaining things that I forgot why we came in here."

Before Sune could even step towards where they kept their food, Arin darted over to it. She dug around for a moment before pulling out a chipped plate and a sealed glass jar full of fruit.

She held both out to Robyn.

"It's not a sandwich," she said, "but it still tastes really good."

Sune, meanwhile, went back to where Arin had just been digging around and grabbed a glass bottle of water. He placed it down on the table.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:33 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Hmm...I haven't heard of musicians travelling between worlds like that before, at least not in groups of two," said Winn,"usually musicians on universe tours have like a full spaceship's worth of people as an entourage. Well, you guys must see a lot then. Travelling around worlds is always fun. And, umm, well, I do have to ask, do you guys know how to get off this place, or does any kind of spaceship dock here at Miri to at least try and hitch a ride home. My location tracker kind of overheated and caught fire because of the distance I travelled while getting sucked over here so...I have no idea how to get home, but if I can get off world and into a star system, there might be something I can recognize cause as much as I appreciate your hospitality, I do kind of need to get back or people will be worried."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:55 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Arin faltered at Winn's comment. They could have filled up a spaceship with people, once. Arin couldn't really remember what that was like anymore, but...

Sune gave her a concerned look. He had to be feeling sad, too. It hadn't been the same for him, but he still knew what she was feeling. She wasn't the only one who had experienced that kind of loss before.

Sune turned back to Winn.

"We don't have any spaceships here," he said. "This is the only building that we've found on this world. We could bring you to another world that has more people, but most places don't have ships."
mage

queer and here.

Random avatar

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:28 pm
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

Andaður einn wondered what a spaceship was, but at this point she just accepted the fact that she wouldn’t understand much of anything. Anyways, this was an entirely new world for her. Her eyes lit up when Sune mentioned that they could bring them to another world.
“So we could get off of this, um, desolate place? Uh, no offence by the way.”

4075 Reviews

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:54 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Well, that's going to make things awkward," said Winn,"this planet is definitely quite a bit short on resources. Well I suppose we'll have to make do somehow. So, I assume you say we can travel to these other planets through some form of teleporter?"
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:58 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"No offense taken," Arin cheerfully said. She totally got that this place could be a little dreary sometimes—that was why she liked visiting other worlds so much.

(And because she loved to perform.)

She crossed her arms in thought.

"We could take you through the ring," she said. She glanced over at Sune, who was currently in the middle of giving her a look. She resisted the urge to childishly give one back at him. She knew he was worried about people—not the ones here, but the ones on other planets, questioning them. "It wouldn't get you back home if your world doesn't have one, but we could get more resources that way. And there is that story about the city on the water..."

Sune was still giving her a look, but it was a shocked one now.

"Arin," he said, "we haven't been able to find Atlantis before now. We're not going to be able to find it in a day."

She turned to him. "But we weren't looking for Atlantis before now, either! It was just kind of a thing we were doing in our spare time. But imagine if we did find Atlantis. They have ships, and there's rumors that they're not from here, too."
mage

queer and here.

Random avatar

Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:52 am
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

At the world “Atlantis” Andaður einn perked up. The way Arin pronounced it made it sound like her own language. Though she had never heard that word before and no legends told of such a place, she desperately longed to go there. Maybe it would look a little like home?
“Arin and Sune, I can help you look for this place. If this place “Atlantis” helps us get home, I think it’s worth looking for. I am sure all of us would want to aid you in your quest.”
Andaður einn gestured to everyone in the room.

4075 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:24 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"I second that statement, " said Winn, raising a hand, before deciding maybe that was a bit too much and putting that down. "Trying something, even if the possibilities don't look great seems like a better idea than doing nothing at all."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Arin and Sune exchanged a look.

Sune sighed.

"Okay," he said. "We won't find it easily, but I guess it's better than not trying to find it at all."

Arin grinned. "If we wanted to be really efficient, we could even split up into groups to go to multiple worlds at once—Sune and I could each lead our own little mini groups."
mage

queer and here.

Random avatar

Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:51 pm
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

Andaður einn impulsively clapped her hands in excitement. It was nice that some sort of plan was coming together. She just had one worry
"What if one group gets lost? Arin and Sune, do you maybe have any sort of way to talk with eachother??

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Arin faltered.

"We usually got to other worlds together," she admitted. She glanced around their home, trying to see if anything stuck out to her. There had to be something they could use. They couldn't just go running back to the ring every time they needed to check-in with each other.

Sune walked over to the baskets. He reached his hand into the basket that he had covered with clothes earlier—even though it had to hurt—and brought out a pair of small, light blue inscribed stones.

"We found these while traveling a few months ago," he said. "We were able to read each other's thoughts when we were holding them. We only held them on the same world, but it might be a way to communicate on different worlds."
mage

queer and here.

4075 Reviews

Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:34 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Splitting up has never been anything but a bad idea, but perhaps this situation might actually call for it, and these communication devices of yours, as primitive as they are sound a bit better than what the worst case scenario would be," said Winn.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Primitive?" Arin repeated. She looked down at the stones that Sune was holding. He wordlessly handed one over to her. "I wouldn't really say they're primitive. Most worlds don't have magic technology like this-"

Sune gave her a look.

"Technology like this," Arin amended. She crossed her arms and tilted her head to the side in thought. "It seems like magic sometimes, though. I don't really know how advanced tech works, so maybe I'm just not getting the nitty-gritty science details of it."
mage

queer and here.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:29 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

Medea had completely zoned out for a few minutes, the conversation and lack of entertainment boring her. Her sharp pointy ears perked up like a curious dog when the word "Atlantis" was said. She was completely lost as to what was happening now. Other than that someone was talking about splitting up and some sort of technology.
Medea blinked, bored once again, and reached a hand up to her flaming hair, scooping out a flickering blue flame and playing with it, "Atlantis is a nice place, a very blue and dark place." She said sadly, starting to miss her dark tunnels, but not willing to admit she was homesick. Fearsome guardians didn't get homesick.
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain