z

Young Writers Society

Into the Saeverse

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:51 pm
View Likes
Corvid says...

Nikolai watched in disbelief as The Actor let down their disguise. Two secret identities? Clever. Honestly, he was a little mad he hadn't thought of the idea first.
"My name's Nikolai. It's nice to meet you all properly," Nikolai said. He gave a small, nervous smile. "Superhero name's 'Oracle', I guess? I didn't really pick it, though. It just kind of stuck."
"yeet"
- albert einstein

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:47 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Alissa was eating a cookie. It was an AMAZING cookie. It was so good she almost missed everyone introducing themselves.

"My name is Alissa, and my superhero name is Fauna. I can shapeshift into small animals. And this cookie is. So. GOOD." She held up the delicious circle.
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:58 pm
View Likes
TheMythMaster says...

“Alright well now that we’re all friends or whatever” Julius cast another suspicious look at The Actor, he didn’t like people who changed who they were -another reason Sakaar was better than earth in his opinion- how could he know that this girl was The Actor's real form?
“Is everyone gonna sit and eat while we could be whisked back to that lab at any second? We should come up with some kind of a plan, it's not like we can all just go home now that we’re safe, we need to act-” He stopped as something hit him, Julius could go back, he’d found his sling ring, why couldn’t he just leave this motley band of pretenders?
“Quickly,” he said slowly, his mind working faster than his words, another thing donned on him “uh wait, if they could pull us from across the multiverse, why should we think this apartment is in any way safe?” He said it only to change the conversation topic, he wanted more time to think, on the one hand, he might just be zapped back by the lab again if he left and he should probably help these people figure out what happened, but on the other, he was really tired of this, he didn’t trust half of these people and, he was missing his hot chocolate.
This would be a hard decision.
Whatever people say there is Good and there is Bad, and there is nothing in between.

-Probably the greatest detective in the world

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:34 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Wren froze.

She hadn't thought of that. A pit forming in her stomach, she nervously looked around the room. What if Julius was right? She had been here for two weeks without getting brought anywhere, but maybe that was because the lab hadn't realized she had been brought here.

She took off her glasses and frantically started to clean the glasses.

"Maybe they...Maybe they need to know where we are first," she guessed. They hadn't tried bringing people to the lab in Into the Spider-verse, but that was just a movie. It wouldn't match everything. "Or maybe they could only bring us from another reality?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

4096 Reviews

Reviews: 4096
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:43 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Susan stood off to a corner trying to compose herself a bit so that she could actually contribute to the current conversation. She was entirely too much of a mess of emotions right now. It took a few seconds but she managed to get rid of the tears and then promptly proceeded to fix her stare on Julius as she spoke. He was the one she trusted the least so she didn't have to worry about stammering.

"This place doesn't seem that advanced," started Susan slowly, "there doesn't look to be a general interdimensional transport device or any large scale device that's commonplace. I have a sneaking suspicion they barely got a interdimensional thing to work somehow and summoned a bunch of people in. They might have enough juice in whatever that was to break open more rifts and summon others, but I highly doubt they have the level of control needed for short distance relocation."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:50 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Wren blinked.

That was...a very scientific explanation. Which Wren guessed was a good thing, since the lab made her think this was a scientific issue and not a magical issue. Wren, admittedly, was a little more familiar with magic. That was what Loki had been teaching her, and what her own shapeshifting probably came from.

Wren gave a nod in agreement.

"It reminds me of my home," Wren said, "and we don't have that kind of technology, either..."
mage

queer and here.

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:39 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Science.

Why did it always have to be science? Why couldn't it have something to do with squirrels, or birds? Alissa would have much preferred an evil bird to dreaded science.

Reaching for another cookie, she said, "I honestly have no ideas. You all seem so much smarter than me, and I just want to go home. I know it seems kind of silly, but I trust you. So I'm willing to go with whatever seems best to you." She self-consciously munched her cookie. Seriously, how were these cookies so good?!
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:45 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Wren blushed at the compliment, fumbling as she cleaned her glasses—not that they had been all that dirty to begin with. When the lens were finally clean enough, Wren slipped them back on.

"So it's a mostly one time thing," Wren said. Her cheeks were still red and warm. "Like the particle collider in Into the Spiderverse. Maybe there's something like a goober we could use?"

What would Loki have said if he was here? Sometimes Wren felt like she was the more responsible one out of the two of them, but he was the one who knew more about criminals-

Wren suddenly glitched. Everyone else did, too, but Wren was too surprised by her own glitching to register that anyone else had suddenly had the same glitching. The glitching felt weirdly warm, less like her cells were breaking apart and more like something was trying to tug her away from this reality. The other glitches had felt like that, too, but she hadn't realized it at the time.
mage

queer and here.

4096 Reviews

Reviews: 4096
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:46 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Susan felt her form flicker. It was odd. It wasn't the first time this odd glitching was happening to her but even for someone who'd spent a large amount of their recent time glitching as she got used to her powers, this was different and it felt like it was trying to pull her in five different ways. It reminded her too much of a horrible pull from long ago.

"Whatever we try and do, it should probably not take too long because I get the feeling we're operating on a time limit we don't even know about," said Susan, voicing her current thoughts.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:38 pm
Mageheart says...

When the glitch finally stopped, Wren managed to give a nod. She was leaning up against the wall now as she tried to steady herself.

"We could try sneaking into the lab again," she suggested. She took a deep breath, trying to forget about the pain she had just felt during the glitching. She wasn't all that successful. "We still don't know what brought us here, so we can't figure out how to send us back until we find it."
mage

queer and here.

Defeat has its lessons as well as victory.
— Pat Buchanan