z

Young Writers Society

A Bad Bar Joke

Reviews: 0
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:19 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Orvin is startled, confused. "I.. I'm not a vampire, if that's what youre asking."
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:30 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lucas blinked.

"Oh," Lucas said, again. "I...I wasn't asking that. I..."

Veins full of new blood, his cheeks burned bright, bright red. He ducked his head down again, this time in embarrassment.

"I thought you might be..." Lucas started, then hesitated and fell silent again.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:32 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

"Might be..?" Orvin asked, the blatant confusion written on his face. He thought of what Lucas might be asking, confident in the knowledge he wouldnt know enough to ask Orvins true bloodline, but very confused about what else it could possibly be.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lucas hid his face behind his hands.

"You sounded like you were speaking from experience," Lucas said, feeling absolutely mortified that he probably misread the whole situation.
mage

queer and here.

Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:38 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

"Ah.. I am, in a way." Mild amusement mixed with worry as he looked at Lucas, gently touching his hands and pulling them back to the table. "You're more than welcome to ask me questions."
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lucas hesitated again.

It felt wrong, asking, but Orvin had given him permission to.

"...Are you...also into..." Lucas started, then paused when he realized what he had accidentally admitted to himself. Lucas was glad he had his face hidden behind his hands. They were all supposed to sleep in the same bed. Wouldn't it be awkward, knowing that he was into men?

Not that he had outright admitted it, but he had come close to. And that was enough.
mage

queer and here.

Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:52 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Orvin, confused again, thought about the statement for a moment. Realizing Lucas was asking if he was interested in other men. The whole conversation made much more sense now. However, Orvin, tired from the days events and a bit dumb, reached into the reccesses of his mind and pulled the response he usually had when asked that question.

"Why do you ask? Are you interested?" He realizes what hes saying on the last word, going from saying it louder to much quieter. His eyes widen and his mouth falls open. Realizing hes still touching lucas' hand he retracts it. Now its his turn to bury his face in his hands. "I'm so sorry." He mumbles, muffled by his own mortification.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:53 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lucas's face turned the brightest shade of red that it had ever turned in the time he had both been human and vampire, which quite an impressive accomplishment.

"I'm-" he managed to get out. That was all he could say. He didn't even know what his feelings were, mainly due to everything that had gone on in the past twenty-four hours.
mage

queer and here.

Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:57 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Orvin rubs his face, chugs his tea. "I'll be going to bed now." He half-announces. He stands on top of his mattress, stepping gingerly over archie to lay on the other side, wishing to give Lucas some likely much-needed space as he lays down and slips under the covers.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lucas, meanwhile, kept sitting where he was for another ten minutes. At that point, he laid down in bed on the other side of Archibald and desperately hoped sleep would come at some point during the night.

It didn't.

(This had nothing to do with Lucas now being a creature of the night, and had everything to do with him being a hopeless gay disaster.)
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:12 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Fully unaware of his friends' suffering, Archibald slept peacefully.

Somewhere in the night he found Orvin next to him, and snuggled innocently into his back. A little later, he rolled over and found Lucas on his other side. He curled an arm around his waist. And for a while, he was happy there, too.

This wouldn't do. There were two warm bodies that he could be cuddling right now. They were both tall, and perfect, and although unconscious he didn't have the heart to leave one of them out.

First he hugged Lucas' arm, squishing his face against his bicep.

Next he found Orvin to his left, and wrapped one leg over his hip, and the other around his legs.

Archie had to twist his torso a little bit to sprawl in these two directions, and his spine might not thank him for it later, but it worked. For now, the prince was completely content.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lucas was too polite to move his arm out of Archibald's grasp, even though just being so close to him made things very awkward. It wasn't until he heard the first person get up elsewhere on the ship that he let himself start trying to wiggle his arm free.

He would have been very successful at quietly waking up and slipping out of the room, except for one little issue: the blanket had gotten tangled around his legs thanks to Archibald moving around during the night. The moment that Lucas tried to swing his legs off of the bed while simultaneously sitting up, he completely lost his balance.

He gave a frantic, silent tug of his leg. It refused to break free from the blankets. Lucas, however, completely lost the little balance he already had.

Lucas tumbled to the ground with a loud thud—foot still stuck in the blanket that was now partially pulled off of the bed.
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:05 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

The arm moved away. Nooo. Archie rolled off of Orvin to follow it, no luck. The arm had gone elsewhere. Like the person it belonged to had other things to do, or something.

Fine, then. Have a life, Lucas. Archie would just have to roll into Orvin again, and shove his face into his shoulder, and give him all the snuggles.

Asleep, Archibald was twice as obstinate and three times as clingy, it seemed.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:12 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Orvin did not wake to the thud, nor to the blanket being yanked off of him, though he made a noise of disapproval. Hew as forever a heavy sleeper, something his days on the streets had never managed to beat out of him. Though, while asleep, he appreciated the affection, whined at its loss and sighed at its return. Oblivious to the situation he would find himself in when he woke, and to poor Lucas, now on the floor tangled in the comforter. As movements stopped around him and his cabin became quiet once more, he snored again, dreaming of paradise.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lucas tugged his foot in a silent, desperate attempt to get his foot free without moving the blanket anymore. Unfortunately for Lucas and the people sleeping on the bed, his attempt only pulled the entire blanket off of said bed and completely covered him in it.
mage

queer and here.

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.
— Genesis 3:19