z

Young Writers Society

Rise of the North

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:04 pm
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

Mr Elf Man, if I had any idea about what to do, do you think I'd be the one asking the questions? Absolutely not. If I had ideas, I'd be sharing them, not just asking questions and being like "what do we do y'all"

Yllathaea picked at a tangle in her hair. "We-ell," she said slowly. "Asking for help might be a good idea, but what kind of message is that going to send to other nations? That we're not organized enough or strong enough to deal with some pirates? Mmmmmmmmmaybe we could try... becoming organized enough to deal with the pirates?"
The words came out a little more sarcastic than she intended them to.
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:33 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

(@Grandwild would you like to get a post in?)
Last edited by Riverlight on Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:41 pm
Ljungtroll says...

(Once again I've made the mistake of picking a quieter character. Ciaran won't have anything to say just yet!)
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

311 Reviews

Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:33 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

(I could've sworn I had posted that in the OOC, oops Ok, good to know!)

"That would require most if not all of us agreeing to an upright, outstanding citizen remaining in charge until further notice," Michael grunted. "Most can't or won't take orders, unless the person in charge was respectable and widely seen as a good choice."
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

13 Reviews

Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:49 pm
View Likes

"So what you're telling me is that most people find having their town ravaged by pirates, everything that isn't nailed down stolen, and being terrorized, captured, and killed better than taking orders?"

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

311 Reviews

Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:23 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Michael shrugged. "Like I said, it depends on who's in charge. Additionally, I think it's worth noting that finding a universally approved option would be best regardless."

13 Reviews

Wed May 05, 2021 2:01 am
View Likes

Yllathaea nodded. "Well. Any widely respected citizens around that everyone can agree would be a good leader?"

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri May 07, 2021 2:40 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Piel grinned to himself; there would be plenty of volunteers but no one worthy. He'd bet his finest rings on that.

Ciaran finished off his stout and sat back. There were plenty of respected and respectable citizens here in Owl Tree, but none he would personally endorse. Again, he was more inclined toward a democratic body than a single executive. Individuals were flawed and were liable to get full of themselves once granted power.
"Why settle for one?" he ventured mildly, straightening in his seat.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

311 Reviews

Fri May 07, 2021 8:05 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Michael shifted in his seat uncomfortably. "I'd rather have one person in charge than a larger number; one person's mind can be convinced to seek wisdom. A larger group would probably result in people choosing sides, and it would ultimately result in the community tearing itself apart."

13 Reviews

Fri May 07, 2021 8:19 pm
View Likes

"'One person's mind can be convinced to seek wisdom'?" Yllathaea repeated. "And who'd be doing the convincing, then?"

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

311 Reviews

Sat May 08, 2021 1:49 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

"I suppose anyone that thought some convincing would be needed."

13 Reviews

Tue May 11, 2021 5:56 pm

"So we're looking for someone easily swayed by the will of the people then, yeah?"

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

311 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2021 12:54 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

"But not so easily that they could make bad decisions even though those decisions are popular."

13 Reviews

Wed May 12, 2021 12:58 am

"Easily swayed, yet not so easily swayed that they'll go with the most popular decision." Yllathaea nodded thoughtfully. "I don't believe I know anyone of that description."

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

311 Reviews

Wed May 19, 2021 4:23 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Michael took a deep breath before smoking more of his sweet leaf. "Well, we could always find someone that would act as a figurehead while a group of sensible people were really in charge and pulling the strings."

"She doesn't even go here!"
— Damian Leigh