z

Young Writers Society

The Undead Infection

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:07 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

"You're all delusional," concluded Alex, "But sure, whatever keeps us alive, I won't argue."
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:38 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Ricky put his hatchet away "alive...suuuurrrrreeeee, whatever helps you sleep at night" he muttered.
*boop*

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:57 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Earth stopped being inhabitable centuries ago," Nemthas mused. "So this must be an alternate universe of some sort?" Co were familiar with the theory of alternate universes, but to cos knowledge there was no way to travel between them. "Magic," as this Oz person called it, was a word Nem had never heard before. In fact, there were a few words Nem was unfamiliar with. For one, "zombies." That had never come up in Galactic Standard before, but co appreciated Oz's definition.
"I expect the Oligarchy is virtually nonexistent in these parts, then," co sighed. So much for the mission and cos cut of the pay. If co was lucky then maybe time worked differently here. If not, well, that meant more years of debt and indenturement. Nothing co wasn't already used to.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:51 am
View Likes
veeren says...

Vincent ignored for the moment the fact that no one said hello back to him. He watched as they all tried to figure out what was going on, giving him the impression they were all just as lost as he was. Maybe this wasn't the Kingdom's doing after all?

"So does that mean, we have to kill all of these... zombies? Is that our mission?" He asked the crowd.
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Oz put his hand underneath his chin.

"Maybe," he mused. He wasn't sure if he was replying to Nemthas' alternate universe theory or the newcomer's questions. "This might be like some sort of game. But I can't see why we would be forced to play it without any kind of rules - there's not even a way for someone to observe us."

He frowned and let out a little sigh.

"Unless the zombies are an obstacle," he guessed, "and the true objective is for us to put the pieces together. It might not even be something that was consciously done. Magic doesn't always have to be intentional~"

It usually was, but there was no need to mention that now. Alex was already getting worried - he didn't want to confuse him or make him panic even more than he already had.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

34 Reviews

Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:24 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

"The last mission I was on...was not this" Ricky commented "and magic? Really? Are we in Harry Potter now?"
*boop*

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:51 pm
View Likes
Pokeberry111 says...

"I mean we could possibly be in Harry Potter," Dala commented, "where ever we are all I know is we need to get to safety." She said with a nod and a thumbs up.
"If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can't hear them anymore." -Michele Ruiz
They/Them
Berry/Lu's the name
Berry's Google Doc Books ^^

34 Reviews

Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:58 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Ricky scoffed "next you'll be telling me that we're all potatoes."
*boop*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:27 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I don't think we're potatoes," Oz said, "and I also don't think we're in Harry Potter."

He couldn't help but smile at Ricky's earlier comment. It was admittedly a good comparison - and a fitting one, given his current name.

He thought for a moment.

After eying the nearby surroundings, he reached out and tore off a vine from one of the buildings. Oz was pretty sure most vines didn't flower, but all it had to be was a plant.

He held it out in the palm of his hand.

After muttering the words to a spell underneath his breath, he blew on the plant.

A second later, the broken piece of vines in his hand flowered.

He grinned.

"There~" he said. "Proof that magic exists - and that this isn't Harry Potter, since wizards and witches there need wands to cast."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Be careful or be roadkill.
— Calvin