z

Young Writers Society

The Undead Infection

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:36 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

". . . Okay, well since we are introducing ourselves, I'm Alex, uh . . . I'm not in some virtual reality game, right? Is this some hallucination or prank?" Alex glanced at them warily.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:41 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Ricky pulled out one of his hatchets "wanna find out" he asked, grinning.
*boop*

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:12 pm
View Likes
Pokeberry111 says...

"I'll pass. I don't think we are," they mumbled.
"If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can't hear them anymore." -Michele Ruiz
They/Them
Berry/Lu's the name
Berry's Google Doc Books ^^

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:20 pm
View Likes
veeren says...

Vincent opened his eye to a grey sky above him. He sat up with a haste, alarmed that he was unaware of where he was. Had the Kingdom sent him on another mission?

He looked around to the unfamiliar aesthetic of everything around him. Big boxes of metal lined the streets, held up but black wheels. Even bigger boxes made of wood and bricks were lined up next to one another with windows cut out for ventilation. Are those supposed to be houses? Where did they send me?

Vincent stood up and began walking down the road but stopped once he heard mumbling nearby. Not mumbling. Groans? Growls? He wasn't sure. He instinctively reached to his side for his sword, but found it wasn't there. As the source of the noise came into view, a slowly stumbling man with rotting flesh, he reached into the side of his boot and prayed.

Yes.

He took out a small blade and as the man got closer, he could tell there was no humanity left in him.

"Are you supposed to be hunting me?" Vincent raised his hand and swiftly jabbed the blade into the mans head, watching him fall limp, "You're not doing a very good job."

Vincent took the blade out and wipes the stains off it before looking into the distance, "If this was the Kingdom's doing, they would've gave me a challenge."
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

34 Reviews

Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:44 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

"That was a joke" Ricky grinned putting the hatchet away "y'all have no sense of humor. I don't blame you...we were all mysteriously transported to an abandoned town with a bunch of strangers, but trust me when I say this, humor goes a long way if you want to stay alive."
*boop*

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:58 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

So many humans here...Nemthas took a few steps back. Co had been in various situations where co wasn't welcome among humans. If these ones were wary of Lu, co would have to be extra careful.
"I am Nemthas Frac of the Lu race," Nem replied. At leas they had a language in common with cos. "May I ask what planet this is? I do not recognize it."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

34 Reviews

Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:01 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

"Uh...good question" Ricky said "looks like a...messed up Earth. last I remember I was in Afghanistan with my squad."
*boop*

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:56 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

"Last I remember, I was playing basketball in my school's gym in Florida," shrugged Alex.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

12 Reviews

Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:23 pm
View Likes
Pokeberry111 says...

They noticed a group of, was that more crawlers, not far away. Heading in their direction. "Uh everyone less talk, more run please?" They pointed at the hoard and started to run away.
"If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can't hear them anymore." -Michele Ruiz
They/Them
Berry/Lu's the name

34 Reviews

Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:24 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

"Ohhhhhh I've been wanting to this for a long time" he reached for his spear.
*boop*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Before Oz could answer that they were probably on Earth because of the English sign nearby, he caught sight of the zombies that Dala had pointed out - right before they had started to run away. It wasn't that he hadn't picked up on them being nearby; even when dulled, his instincts were good. But he hadn't wanted to say anything until he was truly sure they were coming this way. Everyone panicking before they even showed up wouldn't be helpful.

He reached underneath his jacket for the knife he had tucked there. It wasn't good for close range combat, but...

He flipped open the pocket knife.

He'd have to make do with what he had.

"It might be a good idea to run for now," he suggested. "Just so we can get our footing here. They look pretty slow, so it should be easy staying ahead of them."

Despite his suggestion, he didn't move. He didn't want to leave anyone behind more than he didn't want to fight. If someone lingered, he'd have to stay back to protect them.

When he glanced in the direction that Dala was running, he caught a glimpse of someone farther down the street. It was hard to make out the details from this far away, but they seemed living - unlike the group that was heading towards them.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

34 Reviews

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:17 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Ricky shook his head "nah, I've been waiting for some combat, I want to kill these things" he said.
*boop*

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:46 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Nem tensed. Co had never seen anything like these creatures before. They appeared to be deceased humans, but they were moving stiffly toward the small group. There weren't very many, but suddenly everyone seemed on edge. Did they know what that was? One of the male humans seemed rather adamant about destroying the things, but the rest were set on leaving. In this case, in this unfamiliar world, Nem was inclined to agree with the majority.
"If they can be killed, it might be wise to do so from a reasonable vantage point," co pointed out. "I will have to side with the other humans."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

34 Reviews

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:53 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Ricky shrugged "your loss, I'm still gonna kill these things, I didn't spend months training to let this opportunity down."
*boop*

12 Reviews

Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:45 pm
View Likes
Pokeberry111 says...

Dala wasn't in the mood to die and since then they ran towards another person.
They/Them
Berry/Lu's the name

they got that magical iridescence that you don't expect to be on a sky rat y'know
— Ari11